[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do they mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11
File: jones.jpg (113 KB, 1446x876) Image search: [Google]
jones.jpg
113 KB, 1446x876
what do they mean by this?
>>
>>63181096
Non-existent sjw bogeyman that the liberal press feel compelled to entertain so's not to be seen as part of it.
>>
File: 1280718196254.jpg (7 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
1280718196254.jpg
7 KB, 250x251
>>63181096

WTF would a "Matriarchy" look like, anyway? A bunch of ethnic women sitting around a campfire burping babies and chanting?
>>
>>63181096
it means that you too can be a stronk feminist womyn activist simply by watching a tv show
>>
>>63181283
you just described tumblr so probably close to that
>>
Seriously? One thing I find common in all of this sjw pressing is that it's only common in American media, whether it be their news, films or tv series. No other country is concerned about this bullshit "hurr durr patriarchy take women out of the kitchen" concept. They've accepted the gender roles and are content with it. American media just wants to sell made-up crap to its people in the hopes of redefining gender roles and fighting the anti-SJW bogeyman. Fucking get over it you Amerifats.
>>
it'll all be okay once Bernie is president

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPh-1bsye-0
>>
ITT, suicide inducing internet comments
>>
Why does EVERYTHING have to have a political agenda these days
>>
it means they're tired of pandering to nerds and are hoping political correctness has been commodified enough to make money off.
>>
>>63181535
Because it's 2015, SHITLORD.
>>
>>63181481
>tumblr
>old enough to reproduce
>>
File: 10,000 Volts.jpg (84 KB, 573x432) Image search: [Google]
10,000 Volts.jpg
84 KB, 573x432
Set them arguing about each other, and you distract them from yourself.
>>
>>63181283
>WTF would a "Matriarchy" look like, anyway? A bunch of ethnic women sitting around a campfire burping babies and chanting?
>>63181283

Okay, so I've put some thought into this. For a real matriarchy to exist it can't feel anything at all like a patriarchy.

It must be a society built around the natural behaviours that women use as a means for survival and those behaviours must be more valuable than everything men bring to the table.

I envision it as a world where...

1. the highest paying jobs are all in the services industry

2. men are relegated to hard labour and are too tired to uprise against the female hegemony. a man with a white collar job is frowned against.

3. without male aggression in the marketplace, there are less boom and bust cycles in the economy but equally less innovation.

4. stronger restrictions on speech including libel and defamation. instead of sexual harrassment, people are worried about gossip in the workplace.

5. the most denigrating insult for a group of people is "virgin".

6. sports is rarely seen on television - replaced with cooking reality shows. Chefs are multimillion dollar megastars

7. universal health care is an absolute given. instead of a military industrial complex - we have a medical industrial complex.

8. political parties would be different too. the political party with the more conservative family values would be pushing for more spending in the public sector for things like paternal leave and public childcare. The other party would want to cut spending on traditional institutions while standing up for the rights of men.
>>
>>63181096
jessica was the villain tho
>>
File: 1437173922261.jpg (26 KB, 574x483) Image search: [Google]
1437173922261.jpg
26 KB, 574x483
>>63181497
what is Sweeden?
>>
if they had just killed the fucker to start with a lot of people wouldn't have died

so really, the women in this show murdered tons of people, including other women.
>>
>>63181943
>7. universal health care is an absolute given. instead of a military industrial complex - we have a medical industrial complex.
This one wouldn't be to bad tbqh
>>
>>63182019
Sweden is America's bitch, much like most of the world.
However, that anon is correct. All of these gender politics and this SJW craze, it's mainly in America, and it's being exported from their to the rest of the western world.

It's really fucking gay.
>>
>>63181516
What movie are the comments about?

Also the Transformer movies are abysmal.
>>
File: 2013-09-13-TheEternalQuestion.jpg (420 KB, 750x801) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-13-TheEternalQuestion.jpg
420 KB, 750x801
>>63181943
>5. the most denigrating insult for a group of people is "virgin".
How is that different from what we have?

>>63181943
>7. universal health care is an absolute given. instead of a military industrial complex - we have a medical industrial complex.
Most western nations have universal health care. The US is the outlier.
>>
>>63182194
mad max.
>hating based michael bay
>>
>>63181096
I don't get why feminists always have to point out patriarchy in every little thing?
>>
>>63181535
Because nothing is made with artistic merit anymore. Auteurs are becoming extinct. Instead you get these hired gun directors who have to abide to the studios every whim and all Hollywood cares about, given the fact that they aren't interested in the art form, is politics.
>>
but we are living in a matriarchy
>>
The concept of matriarchy is a Jewish concept, stemming from the Jewish tradition of matrilineality (i.e. people born of a Jewish mother are Jews).

Take that for what you will.
>>
>"check your privilege"
>in a country with a queen
O-okay
>>
File: sjw in disguise.png (391 KB, 1024x887) Image search: [Google]
sjw in disguise.png
391 KB, 1024x887
Oh fucking boy. I can't wait to see the tumblrinas try and defend this blatant bullshit.
>>
>>63181096
Don't know about this, Jessica jones is pretty submissive to Luke cage
>>
>>63184331
Black men aren't part of the patriarchy because they don't have any powder
>>
>the patriarchy
>get fucked by a negro first episode
>>
No, people that's no SJW show.
You should enjoy it for what it is.
>>
>>63184403
I enjoy it for what it is. An SJW show.
>>
>>63184344
GOT DAT WMD

RIGHT CHAIR, RIGHT CHAIR
>>
>>63181943

Not bad. what I would be interested about is the social dynamics of what the matriarchy would look like.

Guys even going up to girls to try to pick them up could be considered sexual harressment so it would be entirely up to the girl to go up to the guy. This would not happen much cause girls hate it and we would basically have a huge boom in the online dating/match making services.

Also the idea of who pays for the date comes into question. Since in this world woman make more than men most likely even while doing overall less productive jobs. Does that mean she pays or the men do? Woman really prefer when a man pays cause as much as they hate it they much prefer a guy with the ability to provide.

Basically the matriarchy goes against a lot of natural female instinct so I wonder how it would all shake out if it even did happen.
>>
>>63181535
Because by virtue of being made inside of an environment, they echo that very environment. Learn2structuralism.
>>
Patriarchy is a shit villain actually, people only like him because of his cool armor.
>>
>>63181096

Even though it is a mostly female show I didn't feel it was feminism being shoved down my throat. I mean I could see how someone would see it that way but it was never preachy. It was more like it kinda did a subtle nod to feminism to get views of woman but never mentioned it after.
>>
>>63181283

There is a matriarchy. Every mother is a part of it, every power and right every mother has is part of a matriarchy, and that matriarchy is of equal power and significance as any patriarchy. Both of these things always exist in tandem, it's normal and it's natural and it makes the world go round. The confusion of people who blame 'The Patriarchy' is caused by a desire for women to take control of the male sector of human activity. They sit around and get pissed that mothers aren't ALSO fathers and think something has been stolen from them. It's as confused and pathetic as a man becoming angry with women because he himself can't become pregnant.
>>
>>63184531

A matriarchy could only exist with male drone enforcers. And it wouldn't last very long even in a poof-there-it-is scenario. Infrastructure would begin to decay after the first lightbulb burns out. Agriculture would dry up and a massive die-off would sweep the planet. Women would fall back into the sex for provisioning/protection contract until society stabilized and they could start stamping their feet again for equal rights.
>>
>>63184631
This.
It's not like they even made it look like the female characters could do no wrong.
Even the lesbian side characters were pretty much just bad people.
>>
>>63181096
>People still denying this a feminist show

kek
>>
>>63181096
>be ausfag
>watching some panel discussion about the show on YouTube
>Rachel Taylor giving kudos to female writers, producers etc.
>iseenoproblemhere.png
>mentions "patriarchy" in the discussion somewhere in her two cents (can't remember verbatim, saw the video last week)

I honestly face-palmed. Without going all /pol/ into this, its irritating when you see people (let alone actors) toss around words like "patriarchy" without properly defining the term through context. It was literally something to the effect of:

> "it's great that women contribute to this show... Blah, blah, blah --- patriarchy --- blah blah, so yeah the series has been fantastic to make"

If someone said "it's because it's male-dominated" you have a clear idea what the issue might be (if there is one). If you say "it's because of the patriarchy" there's no clear indication of where the problem lies *specifically*.

Idk, call me autistic. But I hate terms that are used like buzzwords.
>>
>>63184735

Yep. It is like Good but flawed female leads that take charge. Bad white male characters. Black man as female interest lead also down trotted by bad white characters.

Obviously it has a feminist set up which got a ton of attention and probably a bunch of feminist revved up to watch it. But outside of those things it entirely ignores feminism for the most part.
>>
BIG
>>
>>63184639
This
>>
>>63181096
>what do they mean by this?
"please click on me"
>>
File: 6666661.jpg (67 KB, 864x569) Image search: [Google]
6666661.jpg
67 KB, 864x569
>>63181096
Nothing. Stop getting listening to the ramblings of nut-jobs.
>>
>>63184875
I don't even think it's a feminist set up.
If you're saying any show with a female lead is feminist, then you're accepting that every show with a male lead is patriarchy.
It's just not a political show, it's about heroism and stuff.
>>
When was the last time a working-class person used the word "patriarchy"? As far as I'm aware, it's used pretty much exclusively by middle-class women and people in the media with more privileges than most, male or female.
>>
File: 1352689970704.jpg (69 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
1352689970704.jpg
69 KB, 579x527
>>63184956
>working-class person
>>
File: iu-7.png (17 KB, 573x340) Image search: [Google]
iu-7.png
17 KB, 573x340
>>63181943

Hmm so very much like it is today
>>
>>63184972
Well somebody has to sell you shit
>>
>>63184939

It is not just the female lead it is everything I said. Also worth noting the only bad female character on the show is one who acts the most like her white male counterparts.

This show tics off a lot of feminist boxes in the outline. I think that is pretty undeniable.
>>
>>63184639
I've never heard it so thoroughly rekt so succinctly.
>>
>>63184344
Powder huh?

Pretty sure the current leader of the free world is a nigger.

That gives them more than enough power to make them part of the patriarchy now, especially since whites are fast becoming a minority in their own countries, not that we weren't already one on the world's scale.

>>63184403
A boring show that pushes racemixing? Yeah I totes loved watching the *completely needed* 2 minute sex scene of a dirty shitskin pounding a pretty white woman.
>>
>>63181283
Before the civilization, mankind was ruled by the matriarchy.
>>
Guys you're missing the point for all of this.
SJW shows are a good thing because normies will get tired of them and the fad will eventually fade out.
>>
>tfw these sjw articles are written mainly by heterosexual white men.
>>
>>63181283
>WTF would a "Matriarchy" look like, anyway?

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/11/29/brutal-baboon-battle-erupts-for-throne-at-toronto-zoo-after-matriarch-dies.html
>>
>>63181096
As an Orthodox Christian I feel it's my duty to protect my Patriarch from the vicious attacks of the capeshits.
>>
>>63182048
Confirmed somebody who has never seen the endless tide of American medicine commercials.
>>
>>63181535
Everything ever made has an agenda

But stay mad about le librul tumblr agenda taking over or whatever, you child
>>
>>63187033
>Everything ever made has an agenda
no
>>
File: 23.jpg (11 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
23.jpg
11 KB, 300x250
>>63181096
>its the 10th angry pol-neckbeard/bait thread about jessica jones

Keep up the good work guys!
>>
>>63182214
SHit meme.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.