[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show any good? I've heard its really feminist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: jessicajonesposter[1].jpg (369 KB, 800x1185) Image search: [Google]
jessicajonesposter[1].jpg
369 KB, 800x1185
Is this show any good? I've heard its really feminist.
>>
>>63178158
It's alright, I liked it. But it's not amazing. No, it's not feminist. At least, I didn't take it that way. It's just a show with a chick lead. It's pretty easy to not care about any hidden agenda if there is one.
>>
>>63178158
It's very good. Whoever tells you it's bad lacks arguments and is a disease to our world.
>>
>>63178158

Tennant plays a great villain and is far and away the best part of the show.
>>
Stop listening to retards.
>>
>>63178158
It's very feminist but that isn't really a bad thing.
>>
File: 1428132164246.png (42 KB, 446x373) Image search: [Google]
1428132164246.png
42 KB, 446x373
>>63178158
>Is this show any good?
NO
Jesus fucking Christ, you guys.

Where the motherfucking Christ are the fucking janitors? This is the 10th thread about this show up right now. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>63178339
meh that's your opinion. If its very feminist, I don't want to watch it.
>>
>>63178158
Very feminist. The writing and dialog is so stilted and awful at some points I wonder how it got into the final cut. There is also a lot of filler, which is weird considering the show is only 13 episodes. A lot of plot conveniences and contrivances. At the end of some episodes you'll stop and wonder "Why did they even waste time with that?" But then you look up the backgrounds of the writing team and you understand.

The term "noir" gets tossed around a lot when you see reviewers talking about it. Ignore it. That's just marketing. You're not going to get any.

It's just pop feminism about a girl that kinda has ptsd
>>
>>63178158
You're asking a board that like Arrow and Game of Thrones massively
>>
>>63178158
It's not bad but the whole show is essentially about a woman staying in a relationship with an abuser.
>>
They basically took the names of some characters from the comics and made a show about a white woman getting away from an abusing britbong into the caring arms of a black bull.
Jessica, Luke and Kilgrave don't resemble the comic characters at all (jessica is a lot less edgy/angsty, luke cage is actually funny and has a personality instead of being just an intriguing black bull and purple man is just fucking insane and never makes any sense) so it feels pretty forced
>>
literally BLACKED the show
>>
>>63178665
>/tv/ likes Arrow
nope
>/tv/ likes GoT
nope
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.