[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Infinity is so big that there is literally no end to it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 26
File: image.png (805 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
805 KB, 960x640
>Infinity is so big that there is literally no end to it.

Is he the smartest actor in Hollyweird?
>>
he really makes you think
>>
>it's a Joe derails the conversation to talk about an animal that scares him episode
>>
He should be shot in the face for being a cock sucker.
>>
Why does he care so much about whether a gorilla could fight a jaguar or some shit like that?
>>
File: 1395116954576.jpg (26 KB, 558x744) Image search: [Google]
1395116954576.jpg
26 KB, 558x744
>>63176286
it gets easier after middle school friendo
>>
File: le really makes you think man.jpg (43 KB, 446x456) Image search: [Google]
le really makes you think man.jpg
43 KB, 446x456
>>
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 470x313
Why does he hate Fallon so much?
>>
>>63176374
He's a misogynist but he doesn't realize it. I'm actually fine with this
>>
>>63176239
>here's how crazy infinity is. If you put an immortal chimp in front of a typewriter, at some point it'll accidentally type the exact works of Shakespeare and in exact chronological order
>Joe: "Well will it tho? I mean there's no way of knowing that."
True story
>>
>>63176394
>misogynist

But Fallon is a man.
>>
How dare you... That's adorable...
Jesus Christ how do people listen to this bullshit
>>
>>63176572
That chimp thing is retarded though. There's no way a chimp would write Shakespeare because of the way they type. They mash the keyboard and shit so that wouldn't work because to type shakespeare you would have to hit one key at a time.
>>
>>63176591
Not anymore. And Joe's right about him/her or whatever. It has no business fighting real women.
>>
>>63176572
>>63176660
i mean it's a dumbed down analogy to explain the concept of probability over infinity

if you say it the correct way i.e. "given infinite time the probability of a chimpanzee correctly typing out the entirety of shakespeare is greater than zero" people would just be like "wut"
>>
>>63176660
Over the course of infinity it would not just smash the fucking keyboard, and over that course at some point it would poke at the keys enough to re-create Shakespeare's work. It's has endless time
>>
he is a regular guy whos good at making conversation with interesting people, what an asshole.
>>
>>63176660
You're not grasping the concept of infinity you silly bitch.
>>
do you think joe will kill himself now that his waifu got her face kicked in?
>>
Anyone else skip the Redban episodes because its 90% Joe Rambling and 10% Brian making dum-dum talk?
>>
>>63176977
Yep. I don't even bother anymore.
>>
>>63176259
no, he doesn't. Usually his guests make you think, before Joe goes on a rant about mountain lions or life experiences or something barely related.
>>
someone post it
>>
HOW DARE YOU
HOW DARE YOU SIR
HOW DARE YOU
>>
>>63177020
THIS IS YOUR DAILY REMINDER TO PLUG IN YOUR BLENDERS, HEAT UP YOUR FLOTATION TANKS TO SKIN TEMP (35.5*C)
THE WEED HAS BEEN LIT AND IT'S TIME TO SLAM YOUR KALE SHAKES, TAKE A TOKE & MARK OFF YOUR CHECKLIST
TO POP YOUR:
- ALPHA BRAIN
- SHROOMTECH
- KRILL & MCT OIL
- PRIMATE CARE PILLS
link to youtube.com <---- HIT PLAY NIGGA
>YOUR FEAR FACTOR THEME SONG ALARM BLASTS THROUGH YOUR HOUSE
>YOU INSTINCTIVELY JUMP INTO YOUR HOMEMADE OCTAGON, FITTED WITH BATTLE-ROPES AND A "WRECKING BALL" STYLE CHIMP KETTLEBELL ACTION COURSE
>AFTER YOUR INTENSE WORKOUT YOU CALL OVER BRIAN REDBAN USING TING BEFORE GETTING INTO YOUR ISOLATION SENSORY DEPRIVATION FLOTATION TANK AND PACKING YOUR MOUTH TO THE BRIM WITH POT BROWNIES
FOLLOWED SHORTLY AFTERWARDS BY COCONUT WATER ENEMAS JUST AS THE DMT KICKS IN AS YOU LISTEN TO DUNCAN TRUSSEL AND GRAHAM HANCOCK HYPOTHESIZE THAT THE PYRAMIDS = ALIENS AND THE ARK OF THE COVENANT IS HIDDEN IN UGANDA
DUDE BOOOOM LMAO
DUDE KETTLEBELLS LITERALLY ENCRUSTED WITH WEED AND DUNKED IN MCT OIL AND THROWN OFF BUILDINGS FEAR FACTOR STYLE
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB JUST END IT ALL, I THINK YOU ARE A WORTHLESS FIGHTER AND I HATE YOU, BUT COME BACK ON THE PODCAST SO I CAN BLOW YOU THE FUCK OUT OF THE WATER AGAIN AND REDUCE YOU TO TEARS"
>"BRENDAN SCHAUB, JUST TAKE THE EASY WAY OUT. YOUR CAREER IS OVER. IT'S TIME FOR THE SMITH AND WESSON RETIREMENT PLAN"
- Joe Rogan, 2015
>YOU ARE NOW PICTURING JOE ROGAN NAKED IN A FLOTATION TANK WITH A MOUTH FULL OF POT BROWNIES TRIPPING
- Brought to you by SquareSpace©
cue the hempforce mustard
>>
>>63176660
You wouldn't have to use one key at a time, but you would have to use the space bar a lot more than the other letters while using the newline button many orders of magnitude less than other characters.
>>
>>63177177
my point is that to write words you can't just mash the keyboard because some letters are too far apart

A chimp's writing would look like this times infinity:

lkklkjkxdxkldjkdfjkedjkldjkldklmdkldskldsklmdskmldkmldjkdjndhjdhjbdhjdjhkcijdf

he will NEVER write Shakespeare
>>
>>63177277
>NEVER
How can you miss the point so hard? There is no NEVER in infinity, dummy.
>>
File: Let's rethink that one.png (775 KB, 739x784) Image search: [Google]
Let's rethink that one.png
775 KB, 739x784
>>63177277
>this guy's either baiting or can't understand infinity
>>
>>63176660
what i never understood about that was chimps don't live forever let alone infinity
>>
>>63176239
Why are you watching a stoners podcast if you dont wanna hear shit like that? Seriously stupid behavior
>>
>>63177363
Of course there is. Just because he has infinite time doesn't mean he's gonna try to actually type like a human. He'll just mash the keyboard for an infinite amount of time.
>>
>>63176660
over the course of infinity eventually Shakespeare himself will materialize, sigh and type it himself
>>
>>63177277
What makes you think there would be so many l,k, and js compared to the rest and not a single z p or q?

I think most monkeys are more well rounded than that.
>>
>>63177437

Is there an end-game to your trolling or are you just going through the motions without even knowing why you do it anymore?
>>
>>63177437
Are you a middle schooler? Infinity = forvever; probabilty = chance something might happen
Infinity + probabilty = THAT FUCKING THING WILL EVENTUALLY HAPPEN
>>
>>63177437
Get a bunch of monkeys to mash on a keyboard for the rest of your life or until you find a single word in the nonsense, since one word is all that is needed to prove you wrong and you would require infinite time to prove yourself correct.
>>
>>63176660
WHAT PART OF INFINITY DONT YOU UNDERSTAND
>>
>>63177437
>he's gonna try to actually type like a human
He will just get fatigued and do it on accident.
>>
>>63176239
His dude weed grasp of physics is embarassing
>>
>>63177495
I sincerely believe this.

>>63177498
>>63177530
My point is that chimps dont type like human. To me that Shakespeare thing is like saying that with an infinite amount of time, and infinite amount of paint, a chimp will eventually paint Michelangelo's Sixtine Chapel. It's retarded. A chimp doesn't type like a human just like it doesn't have the same brushstroke as one. Switch the chimp with a computer generating random letters and I'm on board 100%.
>>
>>63177563
Yeah dude, are you going to him for that? Because he smokes weed. Go figure?
>>
File: 1436315528494.jpg (214 KB, 633x800) Image search: [Google]
1436315528494.jpg
214 KB, 633x800
>>63177481
>implying it wasn't actually written by Francis Bacon
this pleb
>>
>>63177594
A chimp smashing a keyboard is essentially the same as a computer generating random letters.
>>
>>63177594
>Sixtine Chapel
trying too hard tbqh
>>
>>63177658
the s is real close to the x on the keyboard
>>
>>63177594
>I sincerely believe this.

Then at the risk of sounding mean-spirited (and really, I'm not) you are a moron.

>To me that Shakespeare thing is like saying that with an infinite amount of time, and infinite amount of paint, a chimp will eventually paint Michelangelo's Sixtine Chapel.

It will. It might take the lifespan of the universe to the power of the lifespan of the universe, but it will happen, because it can happen and there is infinite opportunities for it to happen.
>>
>>63177498
>>63177530
This guy >>63177594 is right,you fucking morons. unless the chimp will evolve with time or magically learn the art of writing, the chances of him writing Shakespeare is ZERO over infinity.
>>
>>63177738
Are you a chimp?
>>
>hi, I'm a maverick of my field and here is my dedicated and intelligent research that suggests that horomone treatments are effective in curing depression

>they call me mad but I believe that there was a great flood that covered up civilizations 12,000 years ago

>the pyramids were made using water to lift the stone blocks into place through a massive underground network

>I'm a biomechanics major, I wonder if this has an impact on our health due to comparisons to people living in the primitive world

Rogan
>we need shrooms to fight isis
>I'm curious about your position and will agree with your logic then sliently not accept anything you say because I'm too busy talking
>we're all like, one big organism
>I think we're all building the next being
>this is the BEST time to live
>weed, fighting, and extreme sports are great, I love getting surgeries

thanks for telling me about rogan /tv/, you're his best advertisement
>>
File: 10980278961915.jpg (22 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
10980278961915.jpg
22 KB, 306x306
>>63177749
>philosophy majors in charge of probability
>>
>>63177641
No it's not because of the positioning of the letters. If you smash around J then you have more chance of accidentally hitting H, U, I, K, M, or N than Q for example.

>>63177755
Yes. Everything I've written so far was random nonsense, including this very sentence. I'm just lucky.

>>63177740
No it won't don't be retarded.
>>
>>63177749
>unless the chimp will evolve with time or magically learn the art of writing
All things that are quite possible given the infinite chance. I mean, just look, it only took you around 200,000 years to figure out shitposting, and infinity is a lot longer.
>>
>>63177759
Stoner comedian turned game show host shouldve told you enough. Dont blame others for your own lack of research dipshit.
>>
File: 1444584714336.jpg (14 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
1444584714336.jpg
14 KB, 303x276
>>63177594
kill yourself, retard
>>
>>63177740
Thats not his argument though.
You're saying that because there is infinite time, you will have one result. That one result is impossible because he thinks the chimps will just bang the keyboards not RANDOMLY but in a pattern befitting their brains.
We already have a few things that are restricting the situation. The chimp is always typing for eternity, the chimp is always a chimp, and there is no end to that.
There is no reason to expect even given infinite time that that one result can ever occur, because that would break the system logic by destroying the notion of a 'chimp' or that through sheer luck the exact letters are typed in the exact order which a chimp would be able to do somehow.
>>
there are tens of thousands of muscle bound dudes and dudettes who listen to joe rogan, elliot hulse, and duncan trussell daily. they take everything these people say 100% seriously. they consider buying float tanks and herbal supplements. they read meditations by marcus aurelius and the daodejing on the toilet.
>>
>>63177836
Fuck off you retarded shitstain. Never go into STEM.
>>
>>63177854
So,you're basically agreeing with me
>>
>>63177798
>faggot in charge of addressing my argument
>>
>>63177798
hahaha
>>
>It's a Diceman episode
>>
>>63177930
no shit
>>
>>63177930
To be fair, flotation tanks are great, and
Marcus Aurelius is even greater
>>
>>63177984
infinite chance =/ finite result
probability isn't the only factor
>>
>>63177912
>>63177945

How am I retarded. I don't accept the fact that things will happen "because infinity". To me the typewriter thing is like saying that at some point the chimp will take one long continuous shit for 40 billion years or gouge out his own eyes and replace them with the F and V keys "because he has infinity so everything that can possibly happen will eventually happen". It's nonsense.
>>
File: pen.jpg (7 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
pen.jpg
7 KB, 265x190
>>63177999
>argument
>can't even grasp rudimentary probability theory
>>
>>63178028
I don't think anyone denies the guests and topics are good, sometimes.
When he gets a shit guest its a shit podcast though.
That one with the navy seal telling the story about the korean guy he was training in not drowning and he just let him pull him underwater because he knew he was going to pass out first was boss.
Its just we know rogan's bullshit the best because he's the host.
>>
>>63177594
>Sixtine Chapel
ok you win
>>
>>63178059
>I don't accept the fact that things will happen "because infinity".

that's why you're retarded
>>
>>63176239
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
DUDE FUCK RELIGION LMAO
>>
>>63178037
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_IXzU-lnLU
>>
>>63176676
>not anymore

So any soldier who's had his dick blown to pieces is now a woman according to modern medical science?
>>
>>63178095
So you're telling me the chimp will DEFINITELY gouge out his own eyes and replace them with the F and V keys? Just because it CAN happen? That's idiotic.
>>
>>63176660
The point is it has infinite time. So it's sitting there mashing random shit, think if it did for an entire month straight. Most of it would just be mashed letters but every once in a while it would randomly mash and end up with a word. The point is that since time is infinite, something of the tiniest probability not only can but will occur, an infinite number of times.
>>
>>63178134
Rogan's a pretty weird liberal. At least he doesn't go ITS 2015 PEOPLE when talking about the gays.
>>
>>63178156
>Just because it CAN happen?
Yes. And because there's an infinite amount of time.
>>
>>63176239
The graham hancock episode actually fucking killed me listening to it. Every time I start thinking joe might be kind of intelligent he does some shit like have graham hancock on and goes 'yeah dude, there was totally a civilization as advanced as ours 12,000 years ago because of some stones they found in turkey'

Graham hancock is literally ancient aliens tier guy who thinks we had a civilization and pyramids on mars and thinks evolution is a lie because radiocarbon dating refutes his crazy made up story.
>>
>>63178164
dude, see
>>63178037
Your argument is there. They are talking about math, math is a language for problems, you're suggesting that there isn't only one factor and they are saying you don't understand because the equation is:
if <shakespeare> not written then continue until it is
From their view, you're an idiot, from your view, they are missing the obvious.
You're both rogan.
>>
>infinity
>big
Not really getting the idea there Joe, it's a bit beyond big, it's a size so great that bigness loses all meaning. /autism
>>
File: blessed lol.jpg (4 KB, 136x147) Image search: [Google]
blessed lol.jpg
4 KB, 136x147
>>63178156
>create a shitty argument that is completely unrelated to the initial argument
>refute it and call it stupid
Karl Pilkington pretends to bet stupid. You, on the other hand, really are stupid.
>>
>>63178216
I'm not suggesting more than one factor, it's probability and time. Are you so fucking retarded you didn't grasp that? Clearly, if you don't understand what we're talking about don't bother piping in moron.
>>
>>63178164
I understand what you guys are saying. The part that bugs me is the chimp as a random letter generator because it's not really random.

>>63178199
What if the chimp just ends up typing fffffffffffffffffffffffffff for ever? How do you know that it won't do that?
>>
>>63178206
handcock isnt that bad man
still crackpot but nowhere near pyramids on mars tier
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (106 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
106 KB, 1024x683
>>63178216
>quotes a post that says probability isn't the only factor
>says that there is only one factor

You're an idiot.
>>
>all this argument
see guys
he really makes you think
rogan haters BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>63178301
No he literally believes we humans had pyramids on mars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EETvYuEa03s

He's literally an ancient aliens tier guy. He claims the sphinx couldn't be 4.5k years old because it's eroded and it doesn't rain in egypt. It does rain in egypt and rain isn't the only eroding force. He doesn't even have a freshman undergrad understanding of basic geology. Then he gets mad when real geologists laugh at him, he actually believes human history was just a story some people made up when they saw a few old stone buildings.
>>
>>63178284
Bitch I have a PhD in applied mathematics. Who the fuck are you?
>>
>>63178284
>How do you know that it won't do that?
Because the theorem states that the monkey is typing randomly which means multiple keys being pressed, not just one.

You faggots are terrible at this. Stick to arguing about the legalization of marijuana.
>>
File: 144755445573549.jpg (99 KB, 250x381) Image search: [Google]
144755445573549.jpg
99 KB, 250x381
>>63178316
>>
The latest podcast with Bill Burr was almost identical to the one before it, from 2014 I believe.

Same subjects: the Boston comedy scene in the 80s, Chimps, how awesome Netflix is, how Burr would offer up his jugular if attacked by a vicious animal to get it over with, etc.

I was waiting for any one of those guys to finish the other one's sentence, but it seemed like they were oblivious.

The only new thing was Bill's helicopter stories.
>>
File: 1443165482823.jpg (553 KB, 1493x1500) Image search: [Google]
1443165482823.jpg
553 KB, 1493x1500
>mfw some faggots on /tv/ actually dont get the concept of infinity

probably the same people who will bombard you about their patrician taste, top fucking kek
>>
>>63178382
>the theorem states that the monkey is typing randomly
That's all you need to say then. The monkey isn't a monkey but a random key generator. I'll accept that. The monkey part is my problem with the whole thing.
>>
>>63178405
There was some new stuff, same topics but new material at least. But I do remember one point in it where they had almost word for word the same exact conversation they had on an earlier bill burr podcast and I was like HUH? I kept checking my ipod to see if it had somehow bounced around to the earlier bill burr one because it was the same exact conversation.
>>
>>63178340
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EETvYuEa03s
>dat music
>reverb effect in an interview
>dat tin foil
oi am i laffin
>>
>>63178405
you must admit it was chill as fuck though
Burr and DeRosa did some podcast awhile back where they invited experts on and they got educated live on topics they didn't know about, I enjoy burr so much more because its just him talking about his ADD and being funny while rogan always has a message or agenda he's pushing.
>>
>>63178443
I mean in reality you could never get a monkey to sit still and type for 30 seconds so I think it's implied in the notion of an immortal monkey with no need for sustenance who just types on a keyboard.
>>
>>63178447
I haven't heard the newest podcast with Burr yet, but the last time he was on I found myself thinking "they had this exact same conversation last time Bill was on"

I guess they really don't have much to talk to each other about.
>>
>>63178439
It's just one guy (me) and the problem I have is with the chimp, not infinity itself. My point is basically just that a chimp isn't random enough and can't type like humans do.

>>63178479
I guess you have me there, my friend.
>>
>>63178439
They argue about semantics without realizing it, tbqh lad
>>
>>63178473
That was Uninformed.

I didn't dig it as much as Bill's solo podcast as he spent the majority of every episode trying to "out-alpha" Joe, which isn't terribly difficult in the first place.
>>
>It's a "Joe dismisses Redban like a bitch" episode
>>
>>63178549
>its a redban shows joe rogan a camsite episode
>>
>>63178473
It's definitely fun when Rogan has comedians on and they just shoot shit, like with Nick Dipaolo.

Although it irks me that they don't speak with the same accents even though they're from the same town, but that's just my autism.
>>
>>63178549
Redban should always be dismissed like a bitch. He's lucky joe doesn't understand computers at all so he thinks this 40 year old moron with the brain of a child is a computer whiz because he knows how to use the basic apple apps that it comes with.
>>
>>63178527
he's best when he's just talking shit, like rogan's best when he's asking good questions of the people with the brain.
I totally got taken in by that 'ancient civilization' episode. They kept saying they had all this evidence and it was so obvious and its just that the 'establishment' wants to deny it.
Its happened before, but I'm no scientist so I can't judge how insane they are.
>>
File: 1448680513332.jpg (14 KB, 259x283) Image search: [Google]
1448680513332.jpg
14 KB, 259x283
>it's a Redban tries his hardest to prove he's not a virgin episode
>>
redban - /tv/

joe - reddit
>>
>>63178625
that's actually very accurate
>>
File: sam harris.jpg (1 MB, 1732x2162) Image search: [Google]
sam harris.jpg
1 MB, 1732x2162
>it's a "Joe has a 75 minute conversation about thai kickboxing with an expert neuroscientist whose main body of work encompasses the harm islam is doing to our world" episode
>>
>>63178625
brendan schaub - /tv/
joe - reddit
joey diaz - /pol/
redban - /r9k/ shitposter who constantly shows youtube clips irl and wonders why everybody hates him
>>
File: 1433430900566.png (34 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1433430900566.png
34 KB, 200x200
>>63179018
>>
>>63179018
link?
>>
File: boomboom.jpg (7 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
boomboom.jpg
7 KB, 320x180
>>63179054
How the fuck is Joey /pol/?
>>
>>63178167
>ITS 2015 PEOPLE
Typical Whig.
>>
>>63179054
brendan - buzzfeed
joe - reddit
joey diaz - /pol/
redban - /tv/

redban seems like the kind of guy who'd post cunny threads
>>
>>63178504
You can only describe something quantitatively or qualitatively and since you can't actually measure infinity, semantics is the only argument to make.
>>
>>63176977
Thats why I like the Redban episodes. They're lite in tone and comfy
>>
File: Untitled.png (271 KB, 307x444) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
271 KB, 307x444
>>63177594
>I sincerely believe this.

fuckin lol
>>
People who actually believe that chimp on a typewriter thing are fucking morons. Stick to your Niel Degrasse Tyson if you actually believe that shit
>>
Joe's cool but I really think he's getting some brain damage, either from blows to the head in sparring or from the "alpha brain" supplements he takes. Watching his earlier podcasts and then immediately watching his newer podcasts highlights the difference. It's really sad. It's like watching home movies of your dad before he had the stroke.
>>
File: 1446057654881.jpg (8 KB, 283x200) Image search: [Google]
1446057654881.jpg
8 KB, 283x200
>it's a comedy is serious business and an art episode

Joe made me hate caamedy
>>
>>63179446
he's a comedian, what do you want him to talk about, shrooms and isolation tanks?
oh wait...
>>
>>63179390
A chimp is a bad example. It's saying given an infinite amount of combinations, a beautiful work of art will arise. Why chimps are mentioned, I do not know. It's really stupid.
>>
>>63179495
The Library of Babel by Borges does it correctly in my opinion.
>>
>In 2003, lecturers and students from the University of Plymouth MediaLab Arts course used a £2,000 grant from the Arts Council to study the literary output of real monkeys. They left a computer keyboard in the enclosure of six Celebes Crested Macaques in Paignton Zoo in Devon in England for a month, with a radio link to broadcast the results on a website.[10]

>Not only did the monkeys produce nothing but five total pages[11] largely consisting of the letter S, the lead male began by bashing the keyboard with a stone, and the monkeys continued by urinating and defecating on it.
>>
File: hehe.png (346 KB, 576x533) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
346 KB, 576x533
>>63177042
>>63177054
>>
>>63177563
Fun thing is he's right and still makes you angry enough to say that.
>>
Infinity is so big that you make this shitty thread an infinite amount of times.
>>
>>63179018
Anyone else notice that every single guest 'spontaneously' seems to bring up their fighting experience at some point and it's never just 'I took a couple classes' they always act like they were borderline UFC fighters.

Tony hinchecliff is the absolute worst when it comes to that, any topic, any experience and he acts like he's had it. He's annoying as hell.
>>
>>63178405
still Burr is entertaining as fuck to listen, way better than the whore who sells shit in a bag Joe had a couple of days ago even him could not stand it and bailed out
>>
>>63178497
>problem I have is with the chimp, not infinity itself

you dont understand the concept of infinity

you just dont, the way the chimp types of irrelevant. please use what critical thinking skills you have left
>>
>>63180594
right about what?
>>
>>63178497
I agree with you, there are too many words where each letter is on the alternate side of the keyboard so it wouldn't be able to button bash, it would have to type out Shakespeare letter by letter (which it's never read or even knows exists) in English (which it doesn't know, and even though it's got infinite time there's no one there to teach it) in complete order, meaning that it can't make a single mistake or it would have to start again, something the chimp wouldn't know because once again it has no idea what it's writing
It's like saying if I was immortal and had infinite time, if I kept jumping up and down eventually I'd take off and fly, just because the times there doesn't mean the probability suddenly isn't 0
>>
>>63176660
Does that mean we're all just monkeys smashing at the keys?
>>
>>63178340
>it doesn't rain in Egypt
>sandstorms don't erode things
>underwater civilization in a place with no rain
Why can't these people at least be consistent
>>
>>63176660
go to bed karl
>>
>>63176660
>>63177594
infinity sorts it out
>>
>>63180621
I'm sure Joe drags it out of them.

I know Sam has done a bit of it, but doesn't act like he was about to go pro. He actually says he regrets all the shots to the head he took while sparring, knowing what we know now about traumatic brain injury.
>>
>>63180658
If the chimp doesn't type truly randomly, then it isn't likely to type out anything meaningful.

If all it does it hit A for all of time, then he won't type shit.
>>
>>63182931
Bringo

Also, based on this stoner-tier infinity/probability logic pretty much anything should be sufficient cause for anything else. A dildo left alone in a drawer with a pen and notepad should also inevitably write Hamlet.

Schoolboy thought-experiment bullshit.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35 KB, 1280x720
>>63182931
>>63183184
Like a fucking orange.
>>
>>63180658

No, John, you are the retard
>>
>>63183358
If there was one single typwriter left on earth and a group of chimps on the other side of the planet, they would eventually sail across the ocean and write shakespear. At least if given an infinite amount of time.

You know, actually they probably would just turn into humans anyhow.
>>
>>63183523

So at what point do you have to give up on the idea that it was a chimp that wrote it?
>>
>>63176331
Because he is a /b/ tier faggot.
>>
>>63176660

Casting that b8 net wide thus morning, eh?
>>
>>63183598
Depends. I think with infinity and pretending the evolution didn't exist for a second they could still develop something that resembles a higher consciousness but is just random occurrence. They would sip wine and all that shit, without even realising they're just chimps.
>>
>DUDE HALLUCINOGENS LMAO
>>
>>63176572

Buy this exact same logic at some point a chimpanzee will randomly typed out the entire works of Shakespeare twice in a row as well
>>
>>63184147
Given an infinite amount of time for randomness could they end up typing Shakespeare forever?
>>
>there is people on this board don't know library of bable

https://libraryofbabel.info/

it a library of every word it can be ever said by anyone ,, its literally any combination of words you can ever say in your life time
>>
>>63180158
It's funny you say that because I just finished that story in Ficciones the other day. Also, yes, it was done very well in that short story.
>>
>>63178113
Yuck, so many references to the Gavin episode in this thread. Hes king of the hipsters guys...
>>
>>63177517
>>63178382
>>63178479
>>63180453
>>63184147

It was the best of times... It was the BLURST of times?
>>
Joe would be okay if he could remove his head from his ass.

Bone Zone 4 lyf
>>
>>63176239
Norm Macdonald is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w-jxs2KE4s
>>
>>63183184
>>63180913
>>63180913
The monkey is a random number generator in the theorem obviously. There aren't any real immortal monkeys who type for all time on typewriters. So no, the probability isn't 0 where as you jumping up and down in the hope you eventually fly is.

Terrible analogy and you failed to understand the theory.
>>
>>63184147
...Yes with infinite time it will not only be written once..no one said that, it will be written an infinite number of times.

The point is if you have any event with a probability greater than zero then across an infinite span of time it will occur and it will occur an infinite number of times.
>>
>>63176999
>mountain lions

I laughed out loud when i read that. Why are there so many Ronganisms?
>>
Little known fact: Joe Rogan actually wrote the dialogue for Vince Vaughan in True Detective.
>>
File: 1435540900444.jpg (220 KB, 970x840) Image search: [Google]
1435540900444.jpg
220 KB, 970x840
>>
>>63176572
Not only will the chimp write the exact works of Shakespeare and in exact chronological order, it will do so an infinite number of times. The problem is that he will also write everything else an infinite number of times, so it will be impossible to distinguish between the works of Shakespeare and complete gibberish unless you have an infinite mind.
>>
>>63178092
>That one with the navy seal

which ep is that?

HOW DARE YOU SIR
>>
>>63186655
redban knew this
>>
I don't know what it is but I am never bothered by Joe's dopiness. Just comes off as harmless. And here he is, some joke telling, MMA meat head, sitting across from scientists and philosophers trying to keep up, while attempting to create an engaging conversation and having to occasionally play Devil's Advocate to keep an episode from being one of perpetual agreement. It's a job not without challenges.

The latest one I enjoyed was Wim Hof. A fun and eccentric character.

>>63179018
I imagine Sam appreciates the opportunity to talk about ANYTHING else besides Islam.
>>
>>63176572
>>63186596
>>63186758
>>63176811
>>63176897
Just because the chimp is immortal doesn't mean he'd spend eternity typing, he'd just get bored and leave after a while.
>>
>>63187218
he'd also die long before infinity ends
>>
>>63187174
>occasionally play Devil's Advocate to keep an episode from being one of perpetual agreement

Have you seen the episodes with that douche from VICE? All it is is them getting shitfaced and telling each other how great they are and how they're changing the world.
>>
>>63187420
No, I haven't seen that one.
>>
The chimp would eventually destroy the keyboard or run out of ink, checkmate atheists
>>
>>63184265
what about Greek or Chinese? Checkmate atheists
>>
>>63176660
Would Shakespeare be a different author if he had a computer instead of a typewriter? I always wonder this to mysellf at nighttime.
>>
>>63187218
It's been explained so many times ITT already..the chimp isn't really a chimp dumb ass it's a random character generator
>>
>>63178405
I enjoyed it but I noticed the same thing. Not only did they have the exact same conversation about chimpanzees as last time but that wasn't even the second time they've had it on the JRE. I remember three episodes of the podcast that had that conversation and in another episode from about three years ago they had a conversation that was very similar.
>>
>>63178156
I believe the eye gouging before the chimp writing Shakespeare.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR0i08jhLqo
>>
I just started listening, picking comedian guests I know or like. I try to watch the youtube videos of my favourites to get the most out of it

However the MMA talk is already starting to bug me and I haven't even listened to ten episodes yet. I've heard a few Joey Diaz episodes, some Burr, Jim Norton and the like because I don't recognise a lot of his guests

which episodes or guests are actually good?
>>
>>63176572
I couldn't tell if he was playing dumb or genuinely didn't understand
>>
File: jehovahswitness.jpg (13 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
jehovahswitness.jpg
13 KB, 278x181
>>63189164
Have you ever considered getting into watching MMA brother?
>>
>>63179018
I didn't really know who this guy was and still don't really but their talk about artificial intelligence at the end of their episode was pretty interesting
>>
>>63188999
Damn tara lynn fox completely ruined that podcast. Constantly dominated the conversation, ran lliza straight out of the building with her craziness (and that's saying something since lliza is a nut) and was just generally a dumb whore.

I've met so many girls like this in college who just add so much tension and awkwardness to every conversation. Incredibly opinionated and vocal about those opinions but completely idiotic and ignorant about everything.
>>
>>63179018
Harris used to be a martial arts trainer and is learning BJJ. He's probably interested in talking about muay thai.
>>
>>63188999
Joe should have tara lynn on regularly, she makes him sound incredibly well informed and intelligent by comparison
>>
>>63188999
holy shit that girl is dumb and annoying

it's fucking endless
>>
>>63188999
BLACK

GUY

SMELL
>>
>>63188395
Yeah obviously he'd be jagging off to internet porn instead of doing work.
>>
>>63188395
>typewriter
I'm pretty sure Shakespeare died about 150 years before those were invented.
>>
>>63189164
the louis theroux episode is GOAT
>>
>>63189454
I thought he got into martial arts to defend himself from the crazies that wanted to kill him. On his podcast he said that's why he owned guns.
>>
>>63189164
Aubrey De Grey, Sam Harris, Stefan Molyneux, and Duncan Trussell.
>>
>>63190754
>>63191422
thanks anons. Gonna start with sam harris
>>
>>63188999
Joe was pretty based here
>>
File: top.jpg (46 KB, 451x392) Image search: [Google]
top.jpg
46 KB, 451x392
>>63177755
>>
>>63188706
Honestly the whole "every event has a probability of 1 as it approaches infinite iterations" relies on a fundamental misunderstanding of infinity.
>>
>>63176331
DUDE WEED LMAO
>>
>>63189164
>the Rinella episodes are good cause he talks about hunting and stuff. i really like that. >Degrasse Tyson is the overrated but still enjoyable choice.
>The Steve O one that just came out is stupid but funny
>Bourdain was really good
>Les Stroud was alright. They were pretty fucked up in the second appearance so the dialogue becomes sloppy but still enjoyable to some extent.
>>
>>63193878
I enjoyed steve O, he's still funny despite the dumb stories. Nice to hear him talking instead of doing sketches or jumping off roofs
>>
>>63186998
>>
I'd like to see you fill in thousands of hours of dead air without saying anything stupid
>>
>>63178340
>>63178301
>>63178206

Fucking Graham. I as well, lost interest in JRE after him bringing him in more than 3 times...

After the first podcast he started to sound nutty and literally was there to shill his books.
>>
>>63187218
i'm being serious here. you should get evaluated for autism. failure to understand abstractions and taking things too literally is a telltale symptom, which you are currently displaying.
>>
does infinite time necessarily mean that every single possible scenario that could occur would occur though?

maybe the chimpanzees will constantly type gibberish
>>
>>63194254
He's not even a strict broadcaster anyways, if anything, he does a pretty good job given his background.
He's no Rush Limbaugh. He's not a radio personality, and he probably doesn't edit that much out anyways.
In radio you get three minutes or so from a live broadcast to cut. Rogan does it three times a week and he has hours to make it mastered or perfect as he wants, and clearly doesn't.
>>
By the same theory, the chimp will eventually type Shakespeare's complete works 1,000,000 times in a row (without a single fault) and end it by typing "I am a completely self-aware chimp and I need my cock sucked" 10,000,000 times faultlessly. And then rewrite the whole thing in reverse. And then rewrite the whole thing in every language. And then write the entire scripts of Star Wars with the only difference being Yoda's name replaced with Big Tits.
>>
>>63194560
No. Because I can show you an infinite set of events in which the desired event is not included, such a desired event can be said not to occur necessarily.
>>
>>63194651

And while we're at it, repeat this whole thing another 50,000 times without a single fault.

I understand that infinity = any possibility will be achieved, but you all know this won't happen. There must be some sort of leniency with probability.
>>
>literally never listened to any joe rogan podcasts and i dont really know who the fuck is he
>always come to these threads anyway

why?

why is it so funny as well?
>>
>>63188999

I remember some other porn star asking Bill Burr what he did for a living (after like 2hrs of talking about comedy) and Burr without missing a beat replied "I'm a carpet salesman" and she believed him
>>
>>63176660
Holy shit so joes right chimps can't hit one key at a time.
>>
>>63177594
Or how about a chimp with human hand and arm sockets?
>>
>>63195661
Oh my kek
>>
>>63179018

Is there a more boring atheist proselytizer than Sam Harris?
>>
>>63196281
joe rogan
>>
>>63186669
>someone should really keep an eye on the dog in the backyard. mountain lion might eat it.
fuck why did that make me laugh
>>
File: chimpingout.jpg (196 KB, 800x608) Image search: [Google]
chimpingout.jpg
196 KB, 800x608
>>63176572
>the chimp's face after typing this thread
>>
bamp
>>
>it's a Joe tells his guest he will recommend them this great doctor he knows episode
>>
if immortal chimps type for infinity they'll eventually create the Arnold copypasta
>>
>>63195192
I feel you my man, i'm on the same position
>>
>>63176660
The better way of saying it would be a computer that produces 100% random text.
>>
File: 1440906664046.gif (1000 KB, 192x213) Image search: [Google]
1440906664046.gif
1000 KB, 192x213
>>63187218
Well played anon.
Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.