[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: gone_girl_review_1.0.jpg (707 KB, 2827x2061) Image search: [Google]
gone_girl_review_1.0.jpg
707 KB, 2827x2061
Movie endings that piss you the fuck off.

Let on all out /tv/.
>>
>>63160083
The Road
The Mist
American Beauty
>>
Arlington Road
>>
>>63160083

Fallen
>>
Edge of Tomorrow had an unecessary happy ending
>>
>>63160319
oh come on miaw
the ending was great
>>
>>63160301

Whats wrong with the ending to The Mist?
>>
Meet Joe Black
>>
The Holy Mountain
>>
>>63160083
Drive's ending
>>
>>63160461
Screenwriters forced the OMG WTF ending when it wasn't natural at all.
>>
>Interstellar
>insane climax that nearly makes up for everything else that was subpar leading up to it
>genuinely emotional and cool
>oh wait let's slap another 15 minutes onto it and hamfist a ridiculously over the top happy ending that kills any meaning the last 30 minutes had
It's Click all over again, folks.
>>
>>63160083
>>
Interstellar's ending sucked
>>
Law Abiding Citizen - It's cinematic film ending equivalent of the fat, smug, rich kid at school smirking 'Hahaha, I ALWAYS win'.

Source Code - The whole film was a bit dumb, but it should have froze when he kissed her and they switched him off. Not quantum leaped into another life.
>>
>>63160531

And yet Stephen King himself said it was brilliant, sorry you're a pleb.
>>
>>63160301
What was wrong with American Beauty?
>>
>>63160083
endings that left ambiguous.
lazy writing (and or director/producer(s) ) wanting to let the audience have their own interpretation of what happened.

they're afraid of having an ending, so they circle jerk each other and say, 'let's leave it up to the audience'
>>
>>63160569
Not that guy but really? That makes the movie even more enjoyable now
>>
>>63160562
>Law Abiding Citizen - It's cinematic film ending equivalent of the fat, smug, rich kid at school smirking 'Hahaha, I ALWAYS win'.
They should've made a series out of this, he wins in the end gets out of prison after killing half the people inlvolved.
Next movie in the series is horror as he goes after the prosecutor himself and his family, and that idiot cop.
>>
>>63160622

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/stephen-king-approves-of-the-mists-new-ending/

>Just last week Stephen King was out promoting The Mist and at a press conference (via Cinema Blend) he went on record as publicly saying that he approved of and even "loved" the new ending. Here's King's official statement:

>"Frank wrote a new ending that I loved. It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead."
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkPQinEEB94
>>
File: 1440295591916.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1440295591916.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>63160666
>It is the most shocking ending ever and there should be a law passed stating that anybody who reveals the last 5 minutes of this film should be hung from their neck until dead

I know he had to promote the movie, but jesus christ, Steve, if that isn't overeacting
>>
File: versus.jpg (14 KB, 280x397) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
14 KB, 280x397
that fucking last scene in the future
i know what they were going for. i understand what they wanted to convey
but my fucking god was it retarded, everything in the future was like an edgy samurai blade runner ripoff while the movie before that was a pretty legit action comedy
>>
>>63160569
>Trying to run? Nah, just kill me, not worth it.

>And then the guy is one bullet short of killing himself and in 10 seconds mist is gone.

Literally first year student on a film school writing.
>>
>>63160774

Considering it was Japanese Evil Dead 2, that ending had to be a nod to the post apocalyptic ending from Army of Darkness.

fuck i love that movie.
>>
After The Dark
>>
>>63160774
>edgy samurai blade runner ripoff
this actually sounds like a legit title for a movie with that poster
>>
>>63160597

I hate films that have really ambiguous endings. Kill List fucked me right off for it's stupid open ending. It needed another minute, just a clue or a hint as to what was happening or might happen. I've got my own theory or two but I hate the fucking stupid arguing about it.

It tried so desperately to be even more Wicker Man than the Wicker Man was by cutting a grim ending even shorter, and instead it cut it off before the climax.
>>
>>63160837

>herp derp oversimplification, I r so smart

baby needs his bottle I see.
>>
>>63160597
>Birdman
>>
>>63160536
I was praising the cinema lords at the docking scene, every audio video sensation coming at me was so fulfilling it erased all the flaws the movie had to that point. I was ready to defend it to death on /tv/, just pure audio visual candy

Then that unnecessary ending, "tieing all loose ends" in the characters which don't leave anything to imagination, losing every value the movie had. I felt exhilirated 30 minutes before the end, after the movie just indifferent, like I was watching some deleted scenes that might lead to a weird sequel
>>
>>63160441

Not saying it isn't great. It just pissed me off.
>>
>>63160856
the rest of the normal movie takes place in a forest in modern times or the same area in feudal japan
>>
>>63160837
It's a realistic scenario.
>>
>>63160774
Who cares? It has a laser guided sword.

The action was brilliantly shot. I love that film more than I think the director ever expected anybody to.
>>
>>63160837

He knew he was a bullet short. He did it because he was willing to give the others an easy death, knowing he'd either starve or be eaten alive. He expected, and indeed only wanted, a short life.
>>
>>63160594
not him but i why the fuck didn't he bang the girl at the end. ffs, also the actor of the weird kid was awful. otherwise, pretty good movie
>>
>>63160083
Collateral.
>>
>>63160976

Kitamura is criminally underrated. IMO, Midnight Meat Train is the best film adaptation of a Clive Barker story.
>>
>>63160886
There are clues in Kill List which explain the ending, but I agree it al happened much too fast and cut off too quickly.

also what the fuck was with the wife suddenly going solid snake, was it ever established that she was ex-military like her husband?
>>
6th sense.
What the FUCK was all that about?
>>
>>63160536
Coop reuniting with his elderly daughter and her telling him to leave after a one minute conversation because "no father should see his child die" is one of the stupidest things Nolan's ever written. way to suck all the tragedy and pathos out of the story.
>>
>>63160976
no i liked that, it was cool
well maybe not cool, but it was ridiculous and fit with the rest of the movie
just the implication that whichever one of them achieves immortality inevitably becomes hitler evil within 200 years is bullshit
>>
>>63161127
heres your reply enjoy
>>
>>63160978
Haven't seen it in years but I recall him really trying shooting himself and be surprised when the gun didn't fire.
>>
Unbreakable.

Am I supposed to believe that a fucking cripple can move around freely in an airport, bringing a bomb along, get on a plane, place said bomb, get off it, get back, and not a single person noticed him? Fuck M Night.
>>
>>63161057
Yeah, that's really not a bad film. Azumi is really enjoyable too.

Shame Versus 2 doesn't look likely, but I still haven't seen Ultimate Versus so I have that to look forward to.
>>
>>63161278
>havent seen ultimate versus
>they literally get the entire crew back together 4 years later to refilm scenes and film new ones
if i remember he ended up changing (alot of it small changes like color correction or sound) something like 80% of the film.
>>
>>63160544
Interstellar sucked in general.
>>
>>63161405
Fuuuuuuuuuck.

Shame it's not available in Region 2. Might have to just download it then.
>>
>>63160562
Holy shit I literally just finished watching it

That nigga literally just said "looks like everything is gonna be okay"
>>
>>63161486
>download it
he put the entirety of it up on youtube himself, along with Longinus and Sky High
>>
>>63161232
wow, never got one of those, thanks!
>>
>>63161591
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Thanks. I'll be busy tomorrow then.

What a cool move by the director.
>>
>>63161240
Well he was kinda in shock after shooting his own son.
>>
>>63161790
the only thing you're going to be missing, but i believe the shorts that the crew filmed for ultimate edition are also on his youtube
none of the other extras and i dont think deleted scenes (which some would just be from the original movie)
>>
>>63160536
The only part that really annoyed me was when the credits started rolling.

based Nolan once again delivering a kîno
>>
Prisoners
>>
>>63160083
I get what they were going for (media cares more about a good story than the truth) but there were so many holes in Amy's story that literally even a cursory glance would blow it wide open.

Her whole story was that she was kidnapped from her home by NPH and kept in a rape dungeon for a month. But the dude has cameras all over his house and they would have shown her arriving there willingly three weeks after she disappeared. The hicks who robbed her weren't willing to say anything despite the potential to get huge sums of money for exposing Amy for being a fraud? Come on
>>
>>63162064
Huge Actman was found alive, don't worry
>>
>>63162265
>there were so many holes in Amy's story that literally even a cursory glance would blow it wide open.
The same is true for things like 9/11 and the JFK shooting, but governments, media, and schools don't contest the official narrative.
>>
>>63160338
that was the best ending it could have had
>>
>>63160083
The Mist
The Road
La Haine
>>
>>63160507
no
>>
>>63161021
He didnt bang the girl at the end because he realized he didnt want to, he realized he loved his wife, and went to go bang her instead
>>
Creed
>>
>>63160562
Law Abiding Citizen's ending still pisses me off. It seemed so obvious, you kept hoping it was him just fucking with them all one more time as he escaped. Being caught on camera and making obvious moves on purpose to lure them into being too late to stop his real play.

It was like threw away all the intelligence, strategy, and tactics they built him up to have just to have him lose in the end.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.