[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are cinemas still a thing and when will they stop being a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
Why are cinemas still a thing and when will they stop being a thing? Seriously i don't understand the appeal of them at all
>>
>>63159924
>When will they stop being a thing?
When they stop making money.

I enjoy going to the movies. It's expensive and arguably pointless, sure. But it's still fun.
>>
>>63159924
Autism speaks
>>
>>63159969
What's fun about being surrounded by strangers watching a film on a screen so big it hurts your eyes surrounded by speakers so loud they hurt your ears. Sounds like torture to me and people even pay for the misery
>>
It has become a part of culture.
>>
>>63160044
>watching a film on a screen so big it hurts your eyes surrounded by speakers so loud they hurt your ears.
PUSSY
>>
>>63160126
My senses are sensitive
>>
>my local multiplex has screens so dim the films barely look like they're in color
>last time I went the right speaker went out mid-film so we just sat there watching it in mono
... and I still go every week.
>>
>>63160044
Sounds like a real sperg idd.
>>
>>63160044

My bitch-ass nigga radar is off the charts!
>>
>>63160044
You're a fucking pussy for real.
Bitch ass faggot.
>>
>tfw no singles policy
>>
File: cave painting.jpg (9 KB, 249x202) Image search: [Google]
cave painting.jpg
9 KB, 249x202
Gathering together in social groups, watching the old tales and new ones in the flickering lights on the wall...

We've been at this a long time. There's something primal about it. And no VR experience will ever supplant it.
>>
Films are made to be seen on those set-ups. The size of the screen and the sound system spreading out each channel. It also forces you to pay complete attention to the film.

It's a big part of watching films. It's in every way better than watching a film on your laptop.
>>
They are a good place to waste time with your date/friends, as well as gaining a subject of conversation.

tl;dr: you will never understand.
>>
Watch a movie in 70mm analog IMAX and then the same movie on your Toshiba laptop and report back here pls

If you don't like other people go early in the middle of the week when it's empty
>>
Watching movies like Avatar or Mad Max at the theatre was sooooo much better than watching a blu-ray.
>>
local cinema has autistic friendly screenings

should i go?
>>
>>63160081
So you're saying... it's a meme?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.