[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: All the ways Marvel have fucked with DC >Wonder Woman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6
ITT: All the ways Marvel have fucked with DC

>Wonder Woman is now set during World War I so people don't compare it with Captain America
>>
>>63159363
>Making financially successful movies acclaimed by critics and audiences.

Marvel sure is sneaky.
>>
File: make mine merry.jpg (25 KB, 250x248) Image search: [Google]
make mine merry.jpg
25 KB, 250x248
>turn Captain America 3 into Captain America: Civil War aka Captain America vs Iron Man before Batman v Superman: Darn of Justice can get released
>>
>>63160515
>darn
>>
>>63159363

Based on what we know of bvs there are a bunch of plot points in it that Marvel has already done.

>Like superman being mind controlled. Marvel already did the mind controlled thing..... Twice.
>>
>>63159363

>No heart, joy, fun, and creativity in their flicks because it's a Marvel staple.

tho tbf it isn't like WB/DC is competent enough to make such a film.
>>
File: 1316730939682.png (46 KB, 244x307) Image search: [Google]
1316730939682.png
46 KB, 244x307
>>63160626

I hadn't heard that... I thought it was just Lex trolling Batman. So we're going to be getting a bunch of reviews saying we've seen Superman's whole bit done by Hawkeye and Winter Soldier?
>>
>make boring as fuck movies that plebs on /tv/ eat up for some reason
>>
>>63160724

Or Hulk from AoU.
>>
>>63160697

I still can't believe we're finally getting a SHAZAM! Captain Marvel movie and it's a safe bet that it's gonna be slightly grimdark with antihero Black Adam as the main draw.
>>
>>63160800

Oh yeah. It's actually been done quite a lot, Nightcrawler in X2 as well...
>>
>>63160697
>No heart, joy, fun, and creativity in their flicks
so.. marvel movies?
>>
>>63160626
>>Like superman being mind controlled. Marvel already did the mind controlled thing..... Twice.

The worst thing about this is they are stretching this plot point out for the entire flick.

superman is a terrible character in the dcu.
>>
>>63160515
I really believe this is more likely a coincidence.
>>
>>63160908
>he thinks Marvel movies aren't joyful

kekekekekekekek
>>
>>63160925
>The worst thing about this is they are stretching this plot point out for the entire flick
No they aren't
>>
>>63160925
>they are stretching this plot point out for the entire flick

Sauce on this?

>superman is a terrible character in the dcu.

Agree.
>>
>>63160958
>joyful because quips
>>
>>63160930

Right down to them playing chicken on the release date? I don't think so bruh.
>>
>>63160996

No, that's the "fun" part of the equation. The joyful part is the Schwarma and the dance offs, bro.
>>
>>63161065
>*shawarma
>>
>>63160930
>coincidence.

Civil War was announced before bvs. bvs is basically wb/dc attempt to undercut Marvel (tho that went out the window when Marvel punked them off 2 release dates.) but they were dumb enough to heavily draw from a story that needs build up to have any meaningful impact.
>>
>>63161065
>>63160908
>>63160958

>You will never see quality like this in the dcu because it's a Marvel staple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ2sPHpou98
>>
>>63159363
Good, I sick to death of nazis and WW1.

Hell it would be even cooler if Wonder Woman was on the Germans side in WW1
>>
>>63161258
is that a good thing or a bad thing?
>>
>>63161298

bad thing.
>>
>>63160515

Isn't Civil War coming out two months AFTER BvS?
>>
>takes all the basics of filmmaking out so all the movies look dull and boring
bantz
>>
>>63161298

That scene is better than the whole of Man of Steel.
>>
>>63159363
that's a good thing

ww1 is way more steampunk and cool.

it's the dawn of the beginning of the end of western civilization. ww2 is only badass if it glorifies the nazis who looked badass.
>>
>>63161344
If you're a dumb pleb I guess it is.
>>
>>63161325

Yeah, but they were both going to be May releases and then WB moved Dawn of Justice forward to March because they chickened. WB haven't been able to work towards this either, they're playing catch up.
>>
>>63159363
>If Woody Harrelson and John Travolta had a child
>>
>>63161375

It's strong characterisation. Man of Steel had no characterisation.
>>
>>63161348

lookit edgmeister over here
>>
>>63161455
You don't seem to know what that word is
>>
>>63161420

>they were both going to be May releases and then WB moved Dawn of Justice forward to March

Yes, you're right. Totally forgot about this.
>>
>>63161344
>That scene is better than the whole of Man of Steel.

Agreed. So much heart.

>Scenes like that from Cap is literally the reason we have a shitty brooding superman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4C7IAmiUgs
>>
>>63161496

Have you seen the scene? It's characterisation through and through. It's literally showing the strength of his character, comparing and contrasting him with those around him.
>>
>>63161575
Jesus christ, where do you people come from?
>>
>>63161615
>>63161496
>>63161375

Are you going to actually discuss either of the films or just give empty responses? If you can't argue against the fact that there's strong characterisation in the scene - something sorely lacking in Man of Steel - you might as well admit it and just state that you didn't enjoy the film for other reasons (if that is the case) rather than pretend there's a counterargument that's readily apparent.
>>
>>63161667
>you might as well admit it and just state that you didn't enjoy the film for other reasons
the irony of this post is rich
>>
>>63161705
>empty response

And this time it didn't even make sense. You've outdone yourself.
>>
>>63161745
you might be a retard if you think that made no sense
>>
>>63161795

There you go again. If anything is retarded it's disagreeing with something and failing to express why.
>>
>>63161843
Seems subtlety isn't your strong suit.
>>
Wonder Woman didn't need to be a period piece
>>
>>63161897

Every post.
>>
>>63161908

It's part of the spice of the original recipe, they don't want to miss a trick.
>>
>>63161967
Only if they are trying to repeat the TV series.
Which they probably are, because it's the only version where she is old as fuck.
>>
>>63161531
no, the nolan trilogy is.
>>
File: DCSpecialSeries.jpg (277 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
DCSpecialSeries.jpg
277 KB, 600x451
>>63162071
> it's the only version where she is old as fuck
>>
>Marvel announces unnamed movie for May 6, 2016.
>WB reschedules BATMAN V SUPERMAN to May 6 in a clear attempt to undermine Marvel, based on early intelligence that the movie they'd be releasing was DOCTOR STRANGE
>Marvel then announces CAPTAIN AMERICA 3, which also features Iron Man and Spider-Man.
>WB is forced to reschedule since even if they "won" the day, competing against such a behemoth would damage their profit.
>>
>>63161455

Wut? That makes no sense. The movie has a lot of flaws but I don't see how anyone can say it has no characterisation. What do you think even happened in the movie?
>>
>>63162709

It didn't define Superman as a character. It didn't define Lois as a character. Or Perry.
>>
File: 1448116368268.jpg (2 MB, 2428x3050) Image search: [Google]
1448116368268.jpg
2 MB, 2428x3050
>>63159363
>Marvel
>DC
>>
>>63162629
I don't know what you are implying. This is Earth 2, Golden Age Wonder Woman, who came to the US in WWII as a young woman.

During the Silver Age, they said she was from Earth 2, and revitalized WW for the main Earth, being again a young woman who didn't fought on WWII.

During the 70s, the book started to tell more stories with Earth 2 Wonder Woman due to the success of the TV show, that was set in WWII.

Rumors seem to indicate the movie version is already old, as she will have around 200 years.

The TV show is not really the only version where she is old (more than 2,500 years), but it was until recently, where they made new Earth 2 Wonder Woman centuries old.
>>
>>63163733
Why did that have to be written twice?
>>
>>63163700

I really don't get what you mean at all.
Supes is established as a guy who's been trying to restrain himself as he goes about the world learning more and then finally develops a sense of identity upon discovering his Kryptonian roots. You could argue he's too driven by his dads, both of them, but he always has been in various media.

Lois was fine? I've literally never heard anyone complain about her before, the only thing I've heard is Amy Adams didn't look right, she acts exactly like Lois always does.

Perry we barely saw though, but I felt the scene of him trying to rescue that girl and staying with her even when he couldn't was a good showing for him.
>>
Nolan's Batman films are legitimately films, made by a director with a vision and a thesis, even if TDKR disappointed. The Marvel movies are homogenised producer driven money machines that pander to fanboys with quips and references to other films to disguise their ultimate capitalist cynicism. Nolan's films get accused of being darker and 'not fun' but I find legitimate artistic expression and reinterpretation to be infinitely more fun than Marvel's cynical blockbuster production line where every single film is visually and tonally the same and where the artist is ultimately subservient to the merchandising department.
>>
>Iron Man 2 announced right after TDK
>>
>>63161258
>Much better Tommy Lee Jones role
>>
>>63161258

How the fuck did they film him with no muscle tone?
>>
>>63164464

That's before he got roids
>>
File: mickey-mouse-2.jpg (99 KB, 452x493) Image search: [Google]
mickey-mouse-2.jpg
99 KB, 452x493
>>63164256
basically you mad at capitalism
>>
>>63164464
It was another guy and they put evans head over his.
>>
>>63164464
Method acting
>>
>>63161508
Honestly, if this isn't a sign that Marvel is going to be on top for the forseeable future I don't know what is. Marvel and DC had a stare down and DC blinked.

I'm not even sure Batman v Superman is going to be that big of a success; we have yet to see if DC can keep up Nolan's momentum, and Batman movies have flopped before. Man of Steel was a success, but not the huge tentpole they were hoping for.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.