[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this is the GOAT music film, no? Even if you're not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1396796177407.jpg (207 KB, 743x1064) Image search: [Google]
1396796177407.jpg
207 KB, 743x1064
So this is the GOAT music film, no?

Even if you're not really into the bands from that era it's still fucking funny. As is anything featuring based Coogan.
>>
I prefer Urgh! A Music War, but 24HRPP is pretty great.
>>
>>63154930
It's shit and Joy Division hated it. Watch Control instead.

And if you haven't seen Control, don't be a pleb and watch it.
>>
>>63155028
I've seen Control and it's great, but different to 24 Hour Party People, which is basically a comedy film.
>>
THIRTY GRAND FOR A FUCKING TABLE
>>
>>63154930

DUDE RAPING THE 4TH WALL LMAO
>>
Didn't like it at first but rewatched "I'm Not There" recently and found it pretty damn good.
>>
>>63155028

Control looks nice, I'll admit, but its "TORTURED ARTIST" shtick wears thin really fast.
>>
Almost Famous is really good, too but yeah, I think 24 Hour Party People is probably the best.
>>
>>63155191
That was a great aspect of the film to be fair. I liked all the little quirks it had.
>>
>>63155129
As far as comedies go, Walk Hard is GOAT as a parody of musical biopics.
>>
>>63155285
It was great for the first five minutes.

Quirks get old faster than memes.
>>
>A Certain Ratio had all the talent and energy of Joy Division, but with better clothes.
>Shawn Ryder on a good day is like Yeats... on an average day
>YOU WEAR IT VERY WELL, NOW PLAY IT LIKE A FUCKING MUSICIAN

24HPP is goat
>>
>>63155028
>It's shit and Joy Division hated it. Watch Control instead.

Lol wut?

It's not a fucking JD documentary and the members of New Order loved it.
>>
As great of a film as it was, I can't help but feel that the whole Manchester/Factory scene was one big circle jerk.

Plus Tony Wilson missed out on the two bands from that era that actually mattered - The Smiths and The Stone Roses
>>
>It's my belief that history is a wheel
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.