[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /tv/ what's the verdict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: stephen-colbert-late-show[1].jpg (150 KB, 1140x700) Image search: [Google]
stephen-colbert-late-show[1].jpg
150 KB, 1140x700
So /tv/ what's the verdict?
>>
>>63150155
Conan>Colbert>Kimmel>Fallon>Corben
>>
isn't it getting shit-canned?
>>
Fallon>Conan>Colbert>Kimmel>Corben
>>
Total kek like John Oliver I'm not surprised he sunk below Fallon in ratings.
>>
I like him less once he started doing shit television.
>>
>>63150155
I love Colbert's Late Show and watch every episode. I only watch Conan if the guest is good. I won't watch Kimmel even if I'm interested in the guest. I don't consider Fallon at all. Meyers, and Britfags/HBO aren't in the running.
>>
>>63150340
>I love Colbert's Late Show and watch every episode. I only watch Conan if the guest is good.

This is what I do. Also Conan's best bits end up online.
>>
>colbertfags will defend this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yzGA_glnkM
>>
>>63150168
>>63150231
Andre>>>>>>>>>>Literally Everyone Else
>>
>>63150155
terrible, and I really wanted it to be good
his interviews are just painfully forced and uncomfortable, everything else is garbage
>>
well Beiber didn't even want to go on the show what does that say
>>
>>63150155
>>63150231
FTFY

Colbert>Kimmel>Conan>Fallon>Corben
>>
>>63150155
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/melissa-mullins/2015/11/27/ny-post-colberts-late-show-cbs-has-become-propaganda-democrats

People are getting tired of smug liberals acting smugs
Plus without his political writers, I'm starting to think he isn't actually that smart at all
>>
>>63150858
I don't really like colbert, but the rest is spot on
>>
>>63150991
Why do you care so much about what other people think?

I vote Republican and find the Late Show immensely entertaining and the only truly good late night show around.

Do you want Stephen Colbert to modify his show to appeal to the lowest common denominator because you read this article? Explain yourself.
>>
>>63150155
I just realized that Colbert is basically the Fred (the annoying youtuber) of political commentaries and late night talk show hosts.
>>
File: Ifthisniggadontshutup.jpg (13 KB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
Ifthisniggadontshutup.jpg
13 KB, 300x191
>>63150991
>http://www.newsbusters.org/
>>
File: Leno.jpg (166 KB, 650x425) Image search: [Google]
Leno.jpg
166 KB, 650x425
Colbert is a faggot and I'm glad hes losing.
Bring back the king.
>>
>>63150155
breddy gud.
>>
>>63150340
Why don't you like fallon?
I dont like him because he stammers/sucks his guests dick every episode. And his writers piggy back him during every monologue.
Also, EVERY FUCKING EPISODE HAS A GODAMNED BAR GAME IN IT.
>>
>>63150207
Last I read he's doing better than Letterman (esp in key demos) and probably way cheaper.
>>
File: johnny.jpg (135 KB, 790x1077) Image search: [Google]
johnny.jpg
135 KB, 790x1077
>there's never going to be anyone as good as him ever again
>>
>>63152672
>"colbert is a faggot
>leno is "the king"
if this isn't a troll you have objectively bad taste
>>
>>63150155
>Colberts numbers are low and dropping
>The Daily Show numbers are low and dropping
>The Nightly Show numbers are low and dropping
What a time to be alive
>>
I don't care. I miss Ferguson.
>>
>>63152876
I don't believe he has the chops and I don't see anything worthy or even redeemable in him.

Why is he the captain of the Tonight Show? I don't get it at all. He seems devoid of intelligence, charisma, and showmanship and comes off as totally unprofessional.

I know he's the face of Universal/NBC, but still, he comes off as unfunny even though it's understood that he's trying to be amateurish. I don't like him
>>
>>63150483
Sup mcnugs?
>>
>>63153008
>you were born just in time to see everyone in America get sick of comedian pundits pandering to liberals

My body is ready
>>
>>63153008
>The Daily Show numbers are low and dropping
Source?

I saw some numbers for The Nightly Show, so I know you're right about that one, and I heard about Colbert's numbers, but I didn't hear about The Daily Show's ratings since the new guy.
>>
>>63152672
Leno is shit. Letterman was always better
>>
Conan deserves a better career. Reminder that Fallon would never have happened if NBC didn't hedge their bets and try to keep Leno around despite effectively retiring him.
>>
>>63154528
bump for a response
>>
>>63154528
http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/11/04/daily-show-debacle-trevor-noahs-ratings-plummet-37/
>>
File: 1436124731528.jpg (53 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436124731528.jpg
53 KB, 1280x720
>>63155124
Sucks for him

it's not like there was some major change in the writing
>>
>>63150155
I like the Late Show with Colbert, but that Bill Maher interview made me cringe. Colbert was mostly obnoxious throughout it. Prior to this I thought Colbert was using Catholicism as a way to mask his atheism. But according to him he dabbles in religion. What the fuck does that even mean? Either you believe a higher power has a vested interest in your life or not. And if you do, you're a religious nut. Simple as that.
>>
Ferguson's monologues were goat. How refreshing it was to hear a host come out and just talk. It doesn't have to constantly try to be funny, and as a result it ended up being much funnier than the normal "reading jokes off cue cards" monologues.

What I've always wondered is if Conan didn't have to have every second of his show prepared, would he and Andy Richter be funny together? I've heard they aren't allowed to just "shoot the shit" together at all, and any conversation between them has to be submitted and approved. Seems like they'd probably be entertaining if they just talked off the cuff.
>>
>>63155468
shitty "le fedora" bait
>>
>>63155468
he is 100% catholic, but keep in mind it got him through tough times when his dad and brothers were fucking killed in a plane crash, so it's not a wholly rational thing. He is emotionally invested in his faith.
>>
>>63155887
>>63155468
>weak b8
>>
>>63155468
No shit. Colbert is always obnoxious with right wing guests; he talks over them and constantly tries to make jokes. If a left-wing guest comes on, he turns to serious mode and gives them all the time in the world to speak.

This is not limited to politics, but also if someone promoting a big name movies comes into his show, and the parent company is a competitor of his parent company, then he instantly goes into his stupid persona

I cringe every time I watch Colbert. He's a hack

http://youtu.be/Wu7YaFPXwJE
>>
>>63155768
there is tons of footage of them shooting the shit off-camera. they even made a series out of it on teamcoco.com called "Scraps".

there's also Can't Stop Won't Stop...
>>
>>63150340
I always have to change it to Meyers because James Corden is awful.
>>
I was a huge fan of the Colbert Report but hes just terrible now.
>>
>>63150483
>>>reddit
>>
>CBS
not even once
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.