[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened to Obi-Wan in this scene? Not a single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: star-wars.jpg (56 KB, 750x314) Image search: [Google]
star-wars.jpg
56 KB, 750x314
What the fuck happened to Obi-Wan in this scene?

Not a single Jedi has done this disappearing trick in the 6 movies
>>
>>63145458
he became one with the high ground
>>
He became a force ghost
>>
Jedi always disappear once they're dead don't they? I don't think I've ever seen a dead jedi body for long in the movies.
>>
>>63145481
Vader did as well, but he just lied on the ground like an old dead guy
>>
File: qui-gons_funeral1.png (620 KB, 1200x510) Image search: [Google]
qui-gons_funeral1.png
620 KB, 1200x510
>>63145491
Qui-Gon
>>
He was actually the wicked witch and lightsabers are made out of water.
>>
>>63145458
I think it's like a higher ascension to the force that results in you becoming a force ghost. It's why he and Yoda disappeared and they're the only force ghosts.

I think Anakin gets a free pass because he's the chosen one.
>>
>>63145458

Yoda did you filthy casual
>>
>>63145497
that was cause he fucked up and went to the dark side. if it wasn't for luke cremating him, anakin may not have become one with the force.
>>
EU says that only the jedi who have become one with the force disappear. So really it's just inconsistent bullshit.
>>
>>63145534
So you say he achieved the ultimate higher ground?
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 490x490
>>63145472
>>
Lucas is a shit writer and Star Wars is filled with inconsistency. No fan theory will explain his bullshit. Not even the clone wars could explain the force ghost bullshit clearly.
>>
>>63145458
He went full circle, OP. From High Ground to Underground.
>>
>>63145458
This scene always confused the fuck out of me. Maybe, at first, lightsabers were supposed to incinerate people on contact, but Lucas wanted Luke's hand to get cut off so he retconned it. It's the only plausible thing I can think of.
>>
>>63145458
I always thought his disappearing trick was the coolest shit even when I was a kid

The John Williams theme during it really sold it
>>
He did some medication thing before Vader killed him. I think he became one with the Tao before he died or some dumb shit. Then he became a ghost so he could give luke some advice he could have easily just sticky-noted to Luke's cockpit. Fuck it.
>>
>>63145458

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvd36insqJs

What the fuck happened to Yoda in this scene?

Not a single Jedi has done this disappearing trick in the 6 movies
>>
>>63145644
Time to die.
>>
>>63145644
WHAT THE FUCK

where did he go???
>>
>>63145458
Yoda died the same way

I think when you're enough of a moralfag light sider this is what happens
>>
>>63145644
He got too old and couldn't do sick flip and lightsaber fights anymore so he decided to obliterate himself

In that scene he was remembering his epic fight with Dooku
>>
>>63145644
another heart attack, what the hell is going on?
>>
File: 1413475691397.jpg (186 KB, 1598x684) Image search: [Google]
1413475691397.jpg
186 KB, 1598x684
>>63145512
why did this scene feel so empty?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.