[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talentless hack or very good, underrated director / actor? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 30-ben-stiller-picture.jpg (55 KB, 763x1000) Image search: [Google]
30-ben-stiller-picture.jpg
55 KB, 763x1000
Talentless hack or very good, underrated director / actor? I think it's the latter.
>>
Tropic Thunder is a masterpiece
>>
>>63144794

Best comedy of the 21st century is Wedding Crashers.

Sorry 'bout it, famigo.
>>
>>63144794
Never got the love for it, it's definitely not a bad movie but it's a pretty generic mainstream comedy.
>>
He's like Adam Sandler if he wasn't a money hungy jew.
>>
talented hack
>>
He was pretty good in Permanent Midnight.
>>
He's quite good.
>>
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty it's a good movie too.
>>
Never really paid attention to him after " there's something about Mary"
>>
I really, really, really like Secret Life of Walter Mitty. Gorgeous movie, doesn't take itself too seriously, and truly inspires to just...get the fuck out and travel.

I love it. Frequently rewatch it.
>>
Just watched Cable Guy and I liked it. Reality Bites with glorious Winona Ryder is also pretty good 90's movie directed by him.
>>
>>63145000
Cable guy is great way ahead of the time.

>the password is clitoris
>>
>>63144988

Why did it get lukewarm reviews?
>>
His performance in Heavyweights is enough for him to be a living legend.
>>
>>63144814
Ben Stiller confirmed for best Adam Sandler.
>>
File: 522c55403197a.image.jpg (53 KB, 512x371) Image search: [Google]
522c55403197a.image.jpg
53 KB, 512x371
>you'll never watch tennis with Sean and Ben
feels bad
>>
good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9kQf_te2EA
>>
>>63145043
No idea, just read some negative IMDB reviews. People are basically hating on product placement (that I didn't notice), charmlessness of the characters (I thought they were very charming) and saying it was boring. I guess people need explosions every couple of minutes to stay interested. I loved the imagery and the soundtrack and just the pure joy and sense of adventure of the movie enough to never find it boring.
>>
>>63145225

Agreed, anon. Life is nothing if not wanderlust.

I'll definitely check this movie out soon. Anything that involves traveling appeals to me greatly.

Since you enjoy such movies, I recommend you watch Out of Africa and The Great Beauty for love letters to specific locales; and An Idiot Abroad for globe-trotting adventure.
>>
>>63144786
I think he's pretty good, Greenberg is one of his most underrated, really liked that movie.
>>
>>63145262
Hey, thanks, I'll check those two movies out. Already watched Karl Pilkington's misadventures.

Appreciate the suggestions.
>>
>>63144794
Zoolander is great too.
>>
this is a weird thread
>>
Good director, decent actor.
>>
>>63144786

I think he is much underrated as a director and writer of material. People forget how funny he was on the Ben Stiller Show.

Unlike other one note comedians (DUDE WEED LMAO) for one he can make a movie that would entertain old people and children (Night at the Museum) and stoners (Tropic Thunder) or midnight/cult movie fans (Cable Guy)

His comedies aren't exactly high brow but they don't have that thrown together vibe of Rogan or Sandler funny movies
>>
>out of any /tv/ topic, fucking Ben Stiller is safe from shitposts

Well I guess that's a start
>>
>>63144786
Can't take him seriously because he's so short. His wife is hot tho
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.