[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say someting bad about this show
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10
Say someting bad about this show
>>
>>63139379
begnning of season 3 onwards
>>
>>63139379
it isn't Better Call Saul
>>
Everything from the end of season 2.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
>>63139379
Say my name
>>
>>63139379
neo nazis. What the fuck kind of final boss is that? It should have been Madrigal, it would have fit in with the whole hierarchy of threats introduced each season.
>>
>>63139379
Skyler
>>
>>63139431
this

People who defend her baffle me. I'm rewatching the series and I hate her more now than I did the first time. The first time I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, see things from her POV.

She's literally just butthurt and spiteful because Walt stops being a doormat for her to walk on. He's nothing but good to her and the kids, but because he (gently but firmly) insists on staying in his own house with his own family, she acts like a child and fucks her boss (fucking with his head since he's in love with her and she's just using him to get back at Walt).

When she finally wins back a little control by convincing Walt to buy the car wash and she should run the books, she finally stops being such a cunt.
>>
>>63139431
Came here to say this.
>>
The scene with Gus fixing his tie was fucking stupid beyond belief. It was totally out of tune with the rest of the show. Yeah your first thought is how the fuck could he have survived but then it's just wow, that was ridiculous. Not in a good way.
>>
File: Ian.jpg (25 KB, 350x189) Image search: [Google]
Ian.jpg
25 KB, 350x189
>>63141022
I liked it.
>>
memes
>>
the entire show turned to shit when he threw the pizza on the roof. Im amazed they haven't coined a new term, when a show "roof's a pizza".

Every episode after that is garbage.

Oh also the hipster music.
>>
Jesse was terrible
>>
Jesse is a bad actor and his character was not sympathetic in any way. Most problems in the show could have been avoided if he followed directions
>>
The last season sucked ass.
>>
>>63139379
season 5 shouldve never happen
>>
>>63139379

Pinkman's science bitch
>>
>>63141659
Is this bait? Jesse was the heart and moral compass of the show.
>>
Every episode in the last 2 seasons relied way way too heavily on cliff hanger endings.

Great show in its hayday, loved the anticipation of waiting a whole week to see a new episode and shitpost on /tv/ cracking jokes and spreading theories. live BrBa threads on /tv/ during a new episode were golden.

The show isn't rewatchable.
>>
>>63141664
>>63141671
>best season is worst season meme
>>
>>63141632
I hated most of the show till season 5. In fact I stopped at season 4 for years and only recently watched season 5 after watching Better Call Saul. 5 is great.

>>63141659
This is true.
>>
>>63141719
he was a fucking drug addict who would have had a great life if he just followed walt's direction

there was no moral compass besides Flint and maybe Hank
>>
>>63139379
This scene was bad and the final shot you can tell Bryan didn't know what to do and was really stretching it out.

https://youtu.be/0M6EyidUjSc
>>
It's edgy subject matter gave it way more critical credibility than the actual writing / performances warranted. The fact that people will throw Breaking Bad in the same lists as the Sopranos and the Wire is really humorous.

Aaron Paul was the worst part of this show.
>>
>>63141742
What was great about season 5?
>>
File: Trey.jpg (9 KB, 153x180) Image search: [Google]
Trey.jpg
9 KB, 153x180
>>63141928
I ain't gotta explain shit, except that Walt finally arrived at his destination.
>>
>>63141812
that fucking retarded idiot couldn't even walk. how did walt expect him to drive a high-powered sports car?

HIS LEGS ARE DULL. HE HAS DULL LEGS.
>>
>>63141928
FRANCH
>>
>>63141988
>Walt finally arrived at his destination.
Setting up a robo-machine gun to shoot some one-dimensional nazis who all conveniently stood in front of it for him before they killed him?
>>
skylar white
>>
>>63142026
I meant he completed his transformation from mild-mannered teacher to full-bad villain.
>>
>>63142056
But his last act in the show was to try and save someone he had no real reason to save (other then sentimental ones) at great personal risk for himself. Doesn't seem very villainous to me. And he got all sad over Hank getting clipped, he was still the same faggot he always was.
>>
File: fuck you.gif (2 MB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
fuck you.gif
2 MB, 256x256
The ending was bad.
Everything went downhill after Gus died.

The whole point of the show in the early seasons was that Walt was just playing druglord. He was so out of depth and he was just barely staying alive.

Eventually he began to believe his own bullshit.
That was meant to be tragic.
Like, the guy who showboats while next to a barely contained tiger. You just know what's going to happen.

It was all about hubris.

But the fans loved the "bad ass Heisenberg".
And then the writers started to too.

Then the writers, ironically, fell headlong into Walt's bullshit.
Then they began to write him like he was the ultimate badass all along.

That's when the show slipped.

After Walt killed Gus. He should have started to feel like a big son of a bitch. Like he made it.

Then the Mexican cartels wake up, realize a tiny little speck in New Mexico, and then people to take care of it. Not two brothers. A real group whose professional job it is is to dismantle competitors.

Walt gets destroyed. Everything falls apart and he is forced to realize that he is nothing. He was never anything.
He was just a little boy playing grown-up
>>
>>63142095
very patrician, friend
>>
>>63142086
No he wasn't. Remember the whole segment in the first Season where he couldn't kill the drug dealer chained up in his basement? He was way different inc the last episode. He was still a sentimental, mostly moral person, but he would no longer allow anything to stand between him and his goals.
>>
>>63142086
Yes, he was the same Walt, he wasn't a whole new guy. And he got the chance to redeem himself in the end, Darth Vader style.

But I think when he melts down the dead kid and has 9 guys in prison whacked, were the first times he was no longer in morally questionable territory, as he'd been before.

I know some of believe that Jane's death was the moment he broke full bad, but I still found that to be a gray area.
>>
>>63142146
He seesawed a lot in the later seasons
>poisons a kid
>has people killed
>tries to Jesse killed
But then
>cries like a total bitch when Hank is danger

It was a bit out of character. He should have had a stiff upper lip. Maybe shed a tear out of sight.
But going full blubbering baby?
After he tried to have Jesse killed? His "surrogate son"?
Nah, he should have been passed the "killing family" part.
>>
>>63142146
>I know some of believe that Jane's death was the moment he broke full bad, but I still found that to be a gray area.
What because she deserved to die for doing drugs? It was very obvious from the scene that had Walt not turned her on her back initially, or just turned her back on her side when it was obvious she was choking, she would've survived. Walt deliberately chose to let her die, the circumstances surrounding the event are irrelevant. He could've saved her, he chose not to. Doesn't he even outright say to Jesse that he killed Jane at some point?
>>
>>63142146
No lie I would have done the exact same shit. If you are a drug dealer and no one knows you were near a soon to be dead body, then good for you. He didn't kill her, he was only rightfully protecting what was his while letting a pest take care of itself in the process.
>>
>>63141659
>>63140836

thats.................... the.... point... of.... a ... character?

are you people fucking dumb or... ????
>>
>>63142184
I'm halfway through my rewatch, and I don't think Jesse was ever his surrogate son. They were business partners who mostly hated each other.

In spite of the scene where he calls Flynn "Jesse."

Maybe part of the reason he lost it when Hank died was because he thought he could control the situation. He was quite the control freak, and finding out you have no control over a volatile situation, particularly one that gets your BIL killed... I don't know, maybe you're right, maybe the show was being melodramatic since Hank was the first original major character to die.
>>
jessie. whiny little cunt
>>
le drugs are bad
le people who do drugs are bad
le people who sell drugs are bad

also skylar. fuck that cunt

also le fucking "you can totally get super fucking scarface rich if you sell drugs" yeah sure thing

try selling drugs for 1 week see where it gets you. people are paranoid as fuck and the only way you can even get a customer base is through mutual friends
>>
>>63142189
He doesn't say he killed her, but he says he was there and let her die. He believed (and he was probably right) that she was bad for Jesse and that she would be Jesse's downfall, probably causing his death.

Thanks to Jane dying, Jesse got clean (mostly).
>>
>>63142334
>He doesn't say he killed her, but he says he was there and let her die.
>killing someone
>letting someone die
What's the difference? Especially when you consider the only reason she was dying is because of Walt turning her on her back, they made it clear the she specifically lies on her side to avoid exactly what killed her, but then Walt comes in and fucks it all up.
>>
>>63142203
agreed

Jane was bad, was addicted to a dangerous drug, and had dragged Jesse into it as well.

Walt's role in her death was part accidental and part indirect.
>>
This whole post is literally Reddit: The Thread. Anons just throwing shit opinions left and right with no/shit explanations. That's /tv/ for ya.
>>
>>63142252
>being a poorly written spoiled brat is the point of a character
>>
File: Hiss.jpg (9 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
Hiss.jpg
9 KB, 219x219
>>63142295
>commenting on a show you've never seen
>>
>>63141719
Nope. Paul couldn't sell anything other than the "20-something loser" shtick
>>
>>63142386
>What's the difference?
Ask Batman.

Walt didn't mean to turn her on her back. He technically never touched her.
>>
>>63142470
>Ask Batman.
I don't remember Batman deliberately leaving people to die.

>Walt didn't mean to turn her on her back. He technically never touched her.
But then he deliberately didn't turn her back when it was obvious she was choking ie killing her.
>>
>>63142095
That would have been great. But that wouldn't keep the soccer moms and manchildren glued to their screens like neo nazis and machine guns
>>
>>63142495
>I don't remember Batman deliberately leaving people to die.
Is this nigger serious?

>But then he deliberately didn't turn her back when it was obvious she was choking

I'm with you.

>ie killing her

And you lost me.
>>
all of the side stories were total garbage
>>
>>63142134
Mucho contrariano, hamico.
>>
>>63141681
Is this a real AMC poster or something? Looks like some CBS shit
>>
>>63142495
>Eating at a restaurant
>Notice a CIA Guy horking down chicken wings like a starving african
>Disregard it and continue conversing with company
>Cool-Independent-Asshole suddenly starts choking
>Everyone looks like they're in shock
>McBain standing in the corner just kicking back
>He's a big guy
>WHY NO ONE HELP cool guy?
>Minutes later its over
>CIA is kill
>OMG ROOM FULL OF KILLERS AND MURDERS
>>
I love how all the comments bashing BB in this thread aren't actually criticisms of any specific aspects of the show, but just "Oh it went shit after season x" or "because it's a meme show".

Face it, Breaking Bad was excellent television, not the best show ever made, but a fantastic experience in acting, cinematography, character building and plotting.
>>
In season 4 a big point of conflict is Walt freaking out over thinking Gus is going to kill his family when all he said was
>you're fired, if I see you again then I will kill your family

Which is exactly what he wanted all along, a way out. So what the fuck is the conflict? Why is he flipping shit? He is safe, all he has to do is live his normal life.
>>
>>63140836
>>63142435
Being stupid does not mean poorly written you moron. Im not that anon but if you dislike her as a character thats one thing but she is well written and conistent with motivations not badly written
>>
>>63141812
Yea what the fuck was this
>>
The plane crash is completely retarded.
>>
>>63142095
I think Walt gets arrested in the car and the last episode is like wish fulfillment.
>>
>>63142095
>>63143641
I forgot to add if he gets arrested in the car that would fit with his life falling apart since its right after he says "it cant all be for nothing
>>
>>63142095

You only hate season 5 because Walt didn't have any enemies. He was the enemy. But he was no Gus, he didn't have a plan, or the ability to be king. He hired reckless outsiders, and was brought down by his own ego. There was literally ZERO "badass Heisenberg" in season 5.
>>
>>63142184

You must have autism since you have no idea how emotions work.
>>
>>63143622
For you
>>
>>63142272

>Maybe part of the reason he lost it when Hank died was because he thought he could control the situation. He was quite the control freak, and finding out you have no control over a volatile situation

this
>>
>>63143568
>she is well written and conistent with motivations

>WALT GET OUT IM KEEPING THE KIDS I HATE YOU HOW COULD YOU DO THIS I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I WANT A DIVORCE SIGN THE PAPERS

>Okay Skyler I signed the papers for you and left them in the house

>BUT WALT I JUST FOUND A BAG FULL OF YOUR MONEY WOW I WANT TO BE YOUR WIFE AGAIN NOW

>WALT WHAT YOU'RE DOING IS WRONG

>WALT PLEASE LET ME GET INVOLVED IN WHAT YOURE DOING

>No Skyler that wouldn't do anyone any good

>FUCK YOU WALT IM GOING TO FORCE YOU TO GET ME INVOLVED BY GOING BEHIND YOUR BACK TO SAUL, HE'LL HELP ME BUY THE CAR WASH AND GET INVOLVED IN THIS BUSINESS THAT I WAS GOING TO DESTROY OUR FAMILY OVER YOUR INVOLVEMENT IN

And then she has the fucking NERVE to say shit like "I never asked for any of this" while she loads fat wads of cash into her big safe at her big brand new car wash she bought with walts money

Not to mention the Ted shit
>>
>>63139379

Skyler's appearance/hair fluctuated and changed too often for the show to have taken place over a 2 year time span.
>>
>>63143158
You don't know what you're talking about. There's no "character building" in BrBa, they're paper thin characters made to be easily relatable to as many casual viewers as possible , the cinematography is basic, and the acting is amateurish for the most part. And your critcism of this thread is garbage. It amounts to "if you don't write an entire essay, what you say is meaningless". This isn't an academic forum, moron.
>>
>>63141022

Have you not seen the vids of people who got a shotun/firework/etc. to the face and are still up and alive?
>>
Everything after season 2
>>
Season 2 is literally the worst senpaitachi, season 3 and 4 were great
>>
The twins in S3.

The fact that Skylar and Marie never get development outside of Walt's orbit. I remember reading somewhere that they were going to have a whole storyline where Skylar and Marie road-trip to meet their dying dad and wondering why the fuck they didn't keep it in. They needed humanization outside of the main storyline, keeping them both where they were at all times suffocated their characters.
>>
>>63143747
You forget 'tread lightly' ebin cliffhanger.
>>
Season 5A
>>
They should've made an extra storyline where the Nazis made Jesse their sex slave.
>>
>>63144496
or an extra storyline that actually explained their characters' backgrounds

they were so forgettable
>>
The Fly.
>>
>>63144463

Like I said, zero badass Heisenberg moments.
>>
File: noma.jpg (46 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
noma.jpg
46 KB, 600x450
>>63141022
>>
>>63139379
It ended
>>
File: just charlie.jpg (65 KB, 531x651) Image search: [Google]
just charlie.jpg
65 KB, 531x651
>>63145772
Aaaaand another small part of my soul just died.
>>
>>63141847
>It's edgy subject matter gave it way more critical credibility than the actual writing / performances warranted. The fact that people will throw Breaking Bad in the same lists as the Sopranos and the Wire is really humorous.

fucking this tbqhdesu
>>
>>63139379
It's repetetive
>Jesse and Walt cook
>they have a fight
>Jesse has a breakdown
>somewhere along there's drug cartels involved
>repeat
>>
>>63139379
one season was pretty boring..
the rest was great
>>
>>63139379
>season 2's plot line with the plane was retarded and the payoff was weak.
>Hank and Gomie died
>all of Jessie's character in season 5
>the final bad guy felt really shoehorned in
>the entire ending scene with the M60
>"we poisoned you Lydia we have to include this scene so the audience knows the significance of me sitting down with you in that cafe"

Still an amazing show but that whole last season was sort of a letdown considering the buildup. Great ending not withstanding
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 678x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 678x1024
>>63139431
Pretty much, they did a damn good job of making her unlikeable

They tried to play her off as this voice of reason character but it would have been way better if she played a more reserved role, building up confidence like Walt did. If her character ended up being the lynchpin in waltz operation (like say since season one she always turned a blind eye to the meth business so she could try to steal his money or some shit) she could have been a formidable and fitting final villain. It would have also been a great way to make little background stories with her to develop her motivation and make her have a purpose outside of walts story.

The last season could have been Walt grappling with having to deal with all these threats to his business. He takes care of the nazis, wraps everything up,goes home, wakes up, and eats breakfast with Walt Jr. In the last scene of the show he's optimistic and shit. Eating breakfast with his family. You just see skylar pour stevia or sugar into his coffee and they sit down. The camera slow pans to a broken cigarette in the trash and this smug ass expression on skylars face. Just before the show ends she asks Walt if his coffee has enough sugar to his liking. THAT is how you end a goddamn show Vince, turn an extremely hated character into the Villian your audience wanted her to be.
>>
It has a remake that did a good job at making the twins a lot more ridicoulous.
>>
Writers pussied out on the ending with giving Walt redemption. The last season should have been fully Jesse/Hank vs Walt eventually culminating in Walt's hubris getting him killed in the end.
>>
>>63143552
Gus told Walt he'd kill Hank

The only way for Hank not to die is for Hank not to chase after Gus, who he had a very strong lead on. The only thing that could have stopped Hank would be Walt telling him everything, which would probably just result in Hank arresting Walt then going after Gus anyway.

Which, I suppose, could have ended in Hanks favour. He did fight off the Cousins on his own so he's certainly capable.
>>
>>63148744
Are those her real tatas?
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.