[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's another "gritty modern take on a classic superhero"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 400x381
>it's another "gritty modern take on a classic superhero" movie

Why do people enjoy this?

I don't understand why so many filmmakers nowadays (more so with DC but Marvel is guilty too) feel the need to make superhero movies darker and grittier and more "realistic". Like, do they sit there looking at the script for Captain America Does a Thing #73 or Batman's Early Days as an Asipiring Editorial Model and say "Hmm, the audience is going to tune out of this narrative about cyborgs and mutants and multi-trillionaires in flying mech suits fighting aliens and psychotic clowns and fallen pagan gods if I don't make it BELIEVABLE"?
I mean, these are movies based on corner-store comic books. They're supposed to be fantastical, zany, and a tad over-the-top. Why don't filmmakers go that route, then?
>>
dumb capeposter
>>
I agree. I want to see a new Batman film similar to the feel of the Adam West TV show with a joker in the vain of Caeser Romero
>>
>Why don't filmmakers go that route
They do.
>>
>>63133624
Because filmfags have bought into the old lie that true art is angsty, and casualfags have bought into the old lie that gritty or edgy are good realism
>>
The only superhero shit worth a damn is Burton's Batman movies. Just because they create a cool universe and interesting atmosphere.
>>
>>63133624
>Why do people enjoy this?
It's not about "people enjoying it" so much as The Dark Knight made a shitload of money and studios like money.
>>
man of steel is not "le gritty"
>>
>>63133624
I can't think of any besides dark knight trilogy and watchmen, and watchmen was the anti superhero movie
>>
>>63133758
avengers made more, in the top 10 highest grossing flicks ever iirc
>>
>>63133753
>The only superhero shit worth a damn is Burton's Batman movies.
>Unbreakable
>Super
>Mystery Men
>Spiderman 2
>the specials

Weak sauce anon.
>>
>>63133624
>They're supposed to be fantastical, zany, and a tad over-the-top. Why don't filmmakers go that route, then?

because it wouldn't be fucking enjoyable. The comic books aren't even "le so campy XD"
>>
>>63133787
Do you understand that's why we have marvel movies planned out as far as the theoretical heat-death of the universe?
>>
>>63133826

>Unbreakable
>good

I wish this meme would die.
>>
>>63133624
Nolan started it.
>>
>>63133947
I wish you would. So let's just call it even.
>>
>>63133624
>I mean, these are movies based on corner-store comic books. They're supposed to be fantastical, zany, and a tad over-the-top.

They haven't been like that for a good few decades, m8
>>
So that capeshit fans can say they're not watching cartoony and children's movies that came out of comic books. Also, it greatly appeals to normies who, by the day, like more and more this shitty genre. For some reason, people believe that realistic and gritty movies are actually doted of higher quality and are to be taken seriously, despite their plot being ridiculous.
>>
lmao kill yourself nerd
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.