[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would this have been good without Ted?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: how i met your mother.jpg (944 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
how i met your mother.jpg
944 KB, 2000x2000
Would this have been good without Ted?
>>
>>63130365
Nope, the whole show was shit.
>>
Why all the ted hate? He's supposed to be the straight man, like jerry in seinfeld.

He's not super reddit like the other characters
>>
I understood LOST more than this piece of shit show. Not funny at all.
>>
>>63130437
He's shit though. Everybody in that show is shit. The whole show is shit.
>>
>>63130437
He's an insufferable piece of asscunt, that deserves a fierce jolt to his babbyfaced shitface.

>be educated
>have great job as architect
>fuck hot women every second day
>DO NOTHING BUT COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING

Worst fucking character in all of fiction. Fuck Ted and the retarded actor who portrayed him.
>>
So one thing I never got with this show: was it intentional that Neil Patrick Harris did a terrible job of playing a straight man? Was that the joke? Or can he just not act that well?
>>
>>63130365

He's a bit corny and lame but just because he's not like me doesn't mean he's a bad character.

That said, he really is an insufferable piece of shit and often poorly written even in the shows best seasons due to his astronomical amounts of faggotry.
>>
>>63130365
I just noticed something... theres not a single black character in this show
>>
>>63130437
> like jerry in seinfeld.

Jerry was not in any way the straight man. He was just as fucked up as the other three.
>>
>>63130707
NPHs brother is black
>>
>>63130760
who's gay
>>
>>63130707
And now I'm starting to like it.
>>
>>63130707
Barney's step brother is black and is a recurring character brah
>>
>>63130707
Who gives a shit. They're all jews, and they can get with that shit.
>>
It's probably one of only shows that I've watched where even creators themself had very low opinion about main character, like from very beginning they acknowledged that he is just not very intersting
>>
>dumping victoria for robin
dropped
>>
>>63130577
takes a fag to recognice one ;)
>>
im glad this show exists if its just for making cristin milioti popular enough to get casted as uber qt for fargo 2
>>
>>63130365
if they took out the laugh track it would have been passable to above average

(is their a way to disable the laugh track on dvd?)
>>
>catchphrase meme guy
>absolutely awful human being
>somewhat likeable guy
>stupidly hot grill written to be a borderline cat lady
>least likeable lead in the history of sitcoms

show has no redeemable qualities at all
>>
Robin and Barney's characters were so awful towards the end.
>>
>>63130365
yes
barney can be tiresome, but i would put up with it if every episode didn't end with ted realising he's still in love with robin
>>
literally every character in this show except marshall are insufferable modern liberal new yorker cunts
>>
Fuck Lily. Literally the worst person in sitcom history.

>The baseball shit
>Very nearly left because Marshal was considering giving up being an environmental lawyer because he was paying back her debt
>Tried to ruin Teds life because he called her a cunt when she was one
>Runs away when Marshal calls her out on being a piece of shit
>Ruined all her friends relationships because of some weird fantasy of when she's an old lady

Nothing about her was redeemable.
>>
File: costanza_cigarrete.png (266 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
costanza_cigarrete.png
266 KB, 500x348
>>63130754
>He was just as fucked up as the other three.
Please
>>
>Ted
>Thinks he is better than everyone else and everyone makes fun of him for it
>Marshall
>Thinks he is better than everyone else and no one makes fun of him for it

Why do people like marshall?
>>
>>63130365
The married dude was alright.
>>
>>63133381
Because Marshal was better than all of them.
>>
>>63130707
That's why /tv/ hates it.
>>
>>63133381
Marshall will be there for you when you need him.
>>
>>63133381
>Why do people like marshall?

Marshall is total bro tier.
>>
The show stops being decent at the start of season 6. Before that, its acceptable background noise/friend simulation.
>>
Robin>Barney>Marshall>Ted>shit>Lily
>>
>>63133683
>be Robin
>immigrate to the land of the free and the home of the whopper
>friends are Jew York liberal twats that constantly freak out about your guns
I cringe pretty hard whenever they flip shit over her pistol
>>
>>63133381
Because Marshall is likeable.
>>
>Write ending of show 10 years early
>Spend entire show pointing out why Robin is a shit person for Ted
>Have them together anyway

Kids weren't the only problem they had. Both were majorly incompatible and disagreed on nearly everything.

Also Tracy was too good for Ted
>>
Ted was better than Lily or Marshall. Honestly if it was nothing but Ted and Barney it would be the best. Barney is a fun character and Ted is a great straightman and foil for him.
>>
File: Ashley-Williams.jpg (83 KB, 700x463) Image search: [Google]
Ashley-Williams.jpg
83 KB, 700x463
>>63130846
Agreed. Victoria was god-tier. She and Sarah Chalke's characters were the only two that actually felt like real characters with interesting personalities and some sort of depth. Too bad they had to ruin them both by continuing the series after she was supposed to be the final girl (Chalke) and bringing her back one too many times (Victoria).
>>
>>63133908
Basically this. Don't give me that "they needed time to realize how perfect they were for each other" the ending just feels so bad. Like it's just both of them giving up and settling for each other.
>>
The Mother > Robin > Lily
>>
>>63134030
Victoria>Dr. Elliot>The Mother>Robin>Lilly
>>
>>63134030
Pretty much. Though they really ruined robin in the last episode
>>
>>63130365
3 out of 5 characters are Jews
>>
Anyone else hate the actual mother? I found that they tried way too hard to make her "perfect", which is kind of the fault of the show for lasting so long. Also does anyone else prefer her back when she was a sexy baby?
>>
>>63134076
In context of the story it fit well. Like, Ted's only gonna focus on how GOAT his dead wife is while talking to his kids. He mentions how they had fights, but he's not really gonna go into how they disagreed about this or that or how she wasn't so perfect.
>>
>>63133980
Neither Victoria, nor Stella were really meant to be the Mother, but in early years show was under constant threat of cancellation so they used them as backup Mothers in case show ends early, starting with season 4 ratings improved and so every love interest for Ted had a less serious feel about them, because they were never considered to be a Mother
>>
>>63130365
This thread makes me think that, like Friends, HIMYM is a show for women.
>>
>>63133381
>Tfw you will never get drunk with berrcules
>>
>>63130574
What a load of crap, Ted is super chill until season 6.
>>
>>63133921
This is a great idea
>>
>>63134055
Ted is half jewish and thats it dumbass
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.