[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
looking for films similiar to To live and die in LA - these vintage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: livedielabg.jpg (263 KB, 700x919) Image search: [Google]
livedielabg.jpg
263 KB, 700x919
looking for films similiar to To live and die in LA - these vintage kinda-cheesy-kinda-dark films

I have already seen Sorcerer (great) and Cruising (horrible)
>>
Watch Miami Blues. Stars alec baldwin as an ex con running around Miami impersonating a cop. Funny and dark.
>>
also what films are essential petersencore?
>>
Haven't seen To Live and Die in LA
What's it like? I can't tell if it's Chinatown or something Michael Mann
>>
Killing of a Chinese Bookie
>>
>>63127295
its a mix of cheesy 80s movie with french connection in terms of style
>>
Manhunter and thief are essential manncore and you should check them out
>>
>>63127370
hmm alright. sounds like something to watch with my dad next time I see him

>tfw dad will die sometime and not be around to watch these kind of movies with me
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon...
>>
>>63127441
LITTLE
>>
>>63127441
the first half is nothing special tbqh fám but it gets more friedkin-y in the second
>>
>>63127264

Petersen hasn't made many movies. Manhunter is what you should also watch.
>>
File: 85837_full.jpg (96 KB, 1000x712) Image search: [Google]
85837_full.jpg
96 KB, 1000x712
Vice Squad
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf4x36XKhsM
>>
>>63127077
Try White Sands it also stars Willem Dafoe or Willen Dafoe according to the To live and die in LA poster.
>>
>>63127370
I wish someone had told me how generically 80s it was before I saw it.
>>
has anyone seen black rain and year of the dragon? opinions?
>>
>>63128319
black rain is quintessentially late 80s, really gorgeous at times, bubble economy osaka feels like an excuse for ridley to shoot more blade runner without the science fiction budget, ken takakura is wasted but it's awesome seeing him
>>
>>63127264
To Live and Die in LA
Manhunter
Fear
12 Angry Men (TV remake)
The Beast
The first, what, 4 seasons of CSI? Those were all right.
His one scene from Seeking a Friend for the End of the World

... that's pretty much it. He's great, but he hasn't done much to showcase it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.