[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Expanse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
Finally some sci-fi worth watching. And make no mistake, this is very much worth watching. Quality of pilot is very high indeed.
>>
File: 1372595126425.jpg (66 KB, 486x485) Image search: [Google]
1372595126425.jpg
66 KB, 486x485
>>63120074
>Syfy
>>
>>63120133
Understandable skepticism, but give it a try, you'll be surprised.
>>
Yeah the CGI was a lot better than i expected, real quality work
I was a bit surprised seeing the indian woman, considering she appears in the second book since im assuming the first season only covers the first
>>
>2001
>Inception
>The Expanse

wew
>>
>>63120074
>high quality
>the expanse
Pick one, and only one. It was mediocre at best. No likeable characters except for the indian woman, gross mutant spacers we are supposed to sympathise with (why would we do that) "muh strong womenz" stereotype black chick that ruined all scenes for me etc.
>>
>>63120074
>fedora-wearing protagonist
>guest appearance of that old man from BB and BCS
>bith libertarian and "progressive" overtones
Yep, /tv/ will love this crap, even if it's SyFy.
>>
What's the premise
>>
>>63120074
Sell me OP. What's it about?
Thriller or action? why's it so good?
>>
>>63120281
>mediocre
I assume this is some sort of attempt at bait? Name a better sci-fi pilot please.
>>
It'll be hiiiiiiiiigh as a kite by then.
>>
>>63120281

Stop saying the only likeable character was the indian woman in every thread, there was nothing particularly likeable about her
>>
>>63120328
I'm a longtime fan of sci-fi tv and books. This series is based on a book series one of which at least was nominated for a Hugo. Acting and scripting both good, cgi and sets all good. If you like sci-fi aren't an escaped /pol/tard give it a try, I think you'll be impressed.
>>
>>63120330
Stargate Atlantis
Farscape
Sanctuary
Primeval

That's just off the top of my head, should I continue the list, or are you satisfied?

>>63120370
Of course there was. She has a very interesting voice. I also liked that she treated terrorists as they deserve. She also has secrets. I'm eager to see what they are exactly.
>>
>>63120074

Watched this yesterday
Can confirm

Great CGI
Decent plot
Great casting
>>
>>63120453
I haven't see 4400 yet. None of the others come even close to the The Expanse at pilot. The fact that you even think of Farscape or Primeval as better comprehensively demolishes your objections.
>>
>>63120074
>>63120325
>>63120328
10 years in the future mars and the asteroid belt has generations worth of colonies
>>
>>63120408
Solid Pitch,
I'll check it out.
>>
>watch first episode
>all stupid accents
>needless sex scene like 10 minutes in
>>
>>63120540
>implying a magnificient, futuristic city rising from the bottom of the ocean on an alien planet while angelic, uplifting orchesteral music is playing can be surpassed by anything

>implying wormhole travel, living ships and alien races aren't better than the expanse's boring solar system, shit tier technology, boring conflict and no alien races

anon pls go.
>>
>>63120612

This, why the fuck would people still have disgusting american accents in the future
>>
STARGATE ATLANTIS BEST PILOT EVAR

BRING BAK
>>
>>63120675
should only be slavs and chinks
desu
>>
>>63120696
but poland can't into space
>>
>>63120744

But the Poles are an industrious people. If I was building a colony on Mars I'd sent up a load of Poles to do the dirty work first.
>>
>>63120672
This is the one with the laughably poor muppet-level puppets in it? Well, whatever, I definitely respect your right to have an opinion.
>>
>>63120675
>Americans first to colonize the new world
>Americans first to moon
>Americans made Star Wars
>Finn is American
>Free Planets Alliance is basically America in space.
>America will be first to colonize Mars

Really, why would there be anything besides Aliens and Americans in space?
>>
>>63120827

Because all of that stuff happened decades ago and America is shit at space now, you're not united enough for conquering space
>>
>>63120798
>But the Poles are a drunken people.

Send Filipinos instead, those dwarfs love working tirelessly and thanklessly for minimum wage.
>>
>>63120798
nah, they'd fuck up pretty fast, and they'd probably all die due to radiation or oxigen loss because somewhere they'd be venting air etc. If you want something done well, send the germans.
>>
File: 34875.jpg (35 KB, 634x363) Image search: [Google]
34875.jpg
35 KB, 634x363
>>63120851
America decided to stop conquering space for a bit and continue conquering the world.

Now that everywhere is either America or America's puppet state (or America's Sith Lord, Israel), we can finally take some time to free Mars. Just like we freed Iraq and everybody else.
>>
>>63120920

Except america is becoming more insular and scared of the outside world, 9/11 basically killed you guys
>>
>>63120325
>>63120328
In the cold reaches of SPACE a crew steals a badass ship and goes cruising around to help a detective find a missing girl who happens to be central in a conspiracy to unleashes an ancient alien virus that turns a fuckload of people into vomiting super zombies and other terrible shit because "i wonder what this black goo does"
>>
>>63120408
>one of which at least was nominated for a Hugo

I assume it wasn't the first one, that's the only one I've read and it was powerfully mediocre.

When they announced they were doing this and Thomas Jane was attached I was considering checking it out to see if a TV adaptation could fix some of the problems, but having watched the trailer I think I won't bother wasting any time on it.

Let me know if they actually do the whole zombie body horror thing later in the series, I suspect they'll cut that or tone it down a lot.
>>
>>63120941
The fuck are you smoking? 9/11 happened and we decided to kill a gajillion terrorists, spread freedom, create some spare puppet states, start some wars.

Only the outspoken minority of Tea Party/Trumpfags are actually xenophobes.
>>
>>63120074

god damn it op. you get me excited for an actually good sci fi show. i look it up, its on the syfy channel.

dont you know anything?
>>
>>63121020

I'm just saying as a non-american you guys were badass and dominated the world pre-9/11, then post you just look like bitches, still the strongest country but a shadow of itself and getting worse
>>
>>63121077
see>>63120162
>>
Im definitely stoked for this series, there hasn't been a good space opera since bsg
>>
>>63121077
It still has SyFy Linoleum Flooring™ but they seem to be banking pretty hard on it.
>>
>>63120408
Hello newfag :)
>>
>>63121473
You do realize that only one variety of fag uses that word?
>>
>>63120453
You mention those campy shows and no BSG. Eat cock you clown
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.