[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: v2coens.jpg (97 KB, 1024x875) Image search: [Google]
v2coens.jpg
97 KB, 1024x875
Find a flaw.
>>
They made only one good movie.
>>
>Raising Arizona
>Intolerable Cruelty
>The Ladykillers
>>
Jews?
>>
>>63117827

Burn After Reading, come the fuck at me
>>
>>63117881
the ending was weak but the film itself was enjoyable
>>
>>63117827

Every movie they've made for the last 14 years besides ncfom
>>
>>63117867
Raising Arizona is great you fucking faggot
>>
>>63117827
Nothing really.

They even use their status as Jews to make fun of Jews.
>>
Any movie with George Clooney and The lady Killers.
>>
>>63118008
come on man, how can anybody dislike O' brother
>>
>>63117867
All three hilarious
>>
>>63117914
the ending was GOAT... "So what've learned? Well I guess not to do it again, whatever the fk we did"
>>
>>63117867
Sup reddit
>>
>Bridge of Spies
>>
>>63118008
Was just about to post this
>>
>>63117847
>they've only made dozens of great movies
>>
>>63117933
>A Serious Man
>Inside Llewyn Davis
>True Grit
>Burn After Reading
>>
Big Lebowski is their only particularly memorable movie. The rest is just OK-bad
>>
>>63120217
xD
>>
Inside Llewyn Davis was kinda aimless and unmemorable but nice to look at.
>>
>>63120448
Miller's Crossing, Barton Fink, Fargo, O Brother, Where Art Thou?, No Country for Old Men and A Serious Man are all OK and well-made films, but they didn't do much for me. Lebowski is extremely enjoyable though
>>
>>63119625
Are you listing shit movies? It wasn't necessary.
>>
File: 91ewEzuEjCL._SL1500_.jpg (383 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
91ewEzuEjCL._SL1500_.jpg
383 KB, 1049x1500
>>63117827
>>
>>63120562
Only good for the spanking scene
>>
Only flaw is how distinctive their directing and writing styles are. It makes their films feels very familiar the more you see

>>63120562
Thats a really enjoyable film.
>>
>>63120488
It was a good movie but top tier cynical Coen brothers. Can be exhausting to watch. Barton Fink was saved from that for the humor and surrealism but it also is really cold in some ways
>>
>>63117827
>DUDE THE NUMBER 3 LMAO
>DUDE REPEAT THE SAME LINES OF DIALOGUE THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE MOVIE LMAO
>DUDE OUR MOVIES DON'T FIT INTO GENRES LMAO
>DUDE WE CAN'T WRITE CONVENTIONAL SERIOUS SCREENPLAYS THAT ARE GOOD LMAO

I'm just kidding, I love them. Never made a bad movie
>>
>>63120562
Only film I have a poster of in my house. I was thrilled to watch it in the cinema so I asked if they had one.
Matt Damon was glorious, Jeff Bridges was a caricature a la Calamity Jane, almost ruined it for me.
>>
>>63120562
That was a good movie, though.
>>
>>63117827
They make so many good movies that their reputation to is too diffused
>>
>Joel Coen has said: "in regards to whether our background influences our film making... who knows? We don't think about it... There's no doubt that our Jewish heritage affects how we see things."
>>
>>63120515
Then my only conclusion is that you are here because of memes. You are either retarded or a troll.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.