[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why everybody hates the prequels ? I loved em as much as 4-5-6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x599) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x599
Why everybody hates the prequels ? I loved em as much as 4-5-6

I just can't understand to be honest
>>
RoTS is my absolute favorite.
The OT is cringy.
>>
>Star Wars
>>
>>63116672
>>63116696
get the fuck out 12 year olds

a new hope+empire strikes back are the best
revenge of the sith is okay
>>
I like the one where they have to find Spock the best.
>>
>>63116672
control your memery. Once you go full memester, always the meme will control your path.

THere are times were a man must keep his worst meme instricts under control
>>
This is probably bait so well done on successful bait, but otherwise it's because pretty much every facet of storytelling and characters building was thrown out the window in favour of fan service and action shlock. George Lucas had complete control over the script and it turns out he can't write for shit, and without the help of his producers and editors, the OT would have been a disaster.

A lot of information has come out since the prequels, where many of his old colleagues admitted that Lucas' original vision for Star Wars was a mess that everyone else had to clean up in editing and by fighting for things in the script to be changed.

No one fought Lucas when making the Phantom Menace, and it exposed his lousy movie making and screenwriting abilities. He got to make the movie unconstricted by Hollywood execs fiddling with it or other peoples suggestions overruling the original vision, but it turns out that the original vision isn't always the best one.
>>
File: str wrs.jpg (105 KB, 833x832) Image search: [Google]
str wrs.jpg
105 KB, 833x832
>>63116747
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THIS IS WRONG
>>
>>63116747

I never said prequels > ot

6>5>3>4>2>1

I just said they ain't bad that's it
>>
>>63116747
>a new hope
>I CAN'T PULL ENOUGH WATER OF THE SAND
>Take this laser sword, kid
>SHE'LL MAKE TWO PAST LIGHT SPEED
>The princess needs saving
>She saves herself
>They blow up the fake moon but not really

A masterpiece.
>>
>>63116787

It was not bait though and thanks for the explanation, I just don't think they were THAT bad, it was okay
>>
File: 37385150.gif (494 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
37385150.gif
494 KB, 500x213
>Noh...
>NOOOH YOUWIOLLEDIERRRAAAR
>>
>>63116871
POWAAAAAAAAARRHH
>>
>people are so bent on being contrarian they praise the prequels
>>
the objectively correct star wars ranking order

5 > 4 > 3 >> 6 >>>> 1 >>> 2

fuck off with "MUH EWOKS WERE BETTER THAN THE PREQUELS" shit senpai
>>
>>63117076
3 and 6 are about on the same level, really. They're both a mix of good and bad. Otherwise, I'd say that's a damn fine ranking.
>>
6 really has nothing but the luke vs vader fight.
3 has obiwan vs anakin, jedi purge, vaders knightfall and the opera scene.

Rots really is the height of sheevmaster.
>>
>>63116672
I'm in my 20s and I still like them on equal with the originals. And I prefer the prequel era too mostly because of clone wars though.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 540x747) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 540x747
Why are all of the creatures digital or humanoid?

What creature shop went out of business?
>>
>>63116672
you know nothing about film, get out
>>
>>63117833
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>63116871
Oh god. He's eating invisible corn on the cob. Can't unsee.
>>
>>63116672
Episode 6 is dumb as fuck and worse than any of the prequels.

I can't fanthom how peoplecomplain about the prequels whereas the original trilogy showed us scenes as dumbs as the ewooks beating the stormtroopers
>>
>>63116672
>>63116696
>>63117565
I'm with you bros, although I don't dislike the orginals at all. the hivemind is breaking
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 600x449) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 600x449
>>63118007
Kurtz also explains how Return Of The Jedi would have ended originally, in the outline that Lucas and he had come up with before Lucas decided to change everything to make it more of an upbeat toy-selling vehicle. Luke and Leia would have rescued Han Solo from Jabba the Hutt, but then Han would have died halfway through the film, during a raid on an Imperial base. (This is something that Harrison Ford has mentioned before as well.) The film would have ended with the rebel forces in tatters, Leia struggling with her new duties as queen, and Luke walking off into the sunset alone, like Clint Eastwood at the end of a spaghetti Western. It would have been a more nuanced, muted ending to the saga, instead of the Ewoks dancing in the forest like a "teddy-bear luau." (Apparently that genius phrase is the work of the L.A. Times' Geoff Boucher.)

The whole interview with Kurtz is well worth reading, including his demolishing the myth that Star Wars was always intended to be a multi-film saga. He explains that he and Lucas originally wanted to do a Flash Gordon movie, but couldn't get the rights free and clear. So they decided to do an original Flash Gordon-esque movie, and Lucas cooked up this mythology based on Flash Gordon, Seven Samurai, Arthurian legend and other stuff. They'd planned to do just one Star Wars movie, then go work on Apocalypse Now with Francis Ford Coppola, followed by a dark comedy in the vein of M.A.S.H. But the studio clamored for more Star Wars films, and Lucas ended up spending all his time on the series. [L.A. Times]
>>
The prequels should be about the rise of Darth Vader, from a great Jedi Knight to the Sith Lord ruler of the galaxy

Instead we got a random side character kid who just kind of survives by accident in the phantom menace, not showing a bit of "force" that he has in him. And he transforms into a whiny teen brat who wants to do cool stuff and papa Obi Wan won't let him because he is indeed a not ready whiny cunt.

He never becomes a great warrior while he is Anakin, there's no correlation between the character of Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker so people don't find the prequels convincing at all
>>
>>63117552
>>63117130

>maximumbait.jpg

Speeder bikes, Vader v Luke, one of the best space battles ever done, slave leia

"RotS is on par"

You are all that is wrong with the world.
>>
>>63118074
That would have been much better, the "funny" furry little monsters beating the most advanced militaristic power in the galaxy with sticks and stones is one of the dumbest concept ever, litterally Looney Tones tier, minus the funny jokes.

It's something that would only make a 5 year old laugh, it's depressngly dumb and retarded, litterally cringed for the whole movie. (mind you I had not watched the rpequels yet), and while i was watching that shitty ewook fest I thought to myself: "Is this really the so praised saga everyone keeps talking about? it's litterally a movie for elementary school kids, with retarded childish gags and a dumb as hell plot".

Not to mention vader just casually throwing Palpatine off the bridge, yeah, the most powerful force user alive can actually get beaten by simply getting catched and threw away, it's not like he could have used any of his "incredible" force powers to simply free himself or do something instead of screaming like an old turd to his death, or at elast sensing vader's itentions while he was trying to kill Lukes (for like 2 good minutes and then Luke walked away like nothing).

Such a dumb fucking movie, the prequels may have shitty dialogue but Episode VI is pure steaming shit fresh from the cows.
>>
>>63118114

>defeats count dooku
>decimates all Jedi
>not a great warrior

He became a great warrior but it just was not shown in the movie, they gave a bigger emphasis to how the Jedi went extinct than the whole Ani story, and he only lost to obi-wan because he was overconfident about his skills
>>
>>63118255
*Thrown
>>
>>63118255

Good to see we have Darth Autismo posting. Vader's ending line (real shit did not make this up)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

in the gayest fakest fucking voice imaginable. It was the fecal cherry atop the shitcream of stale ejaculate that is the SW prequels.
>>
>>63118263
That's the problem, IT IS NOT SHOWN

There's so much exposition in the prequels its sad, half of the time a jedi is walking with some CGI character while they are talking about what happened. Don't tell what happened, show so we can see. It's a movie. And in a movie like Star Wars you have endless possibilities
>>
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 480x670) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 480x670
>>63118255
It was better before the awful SE shit at Jabba's Palace dance....

As a kid I was just relieved that the Galaxy wasn't full of monsters. I thought it was cool that they could work together with these weird bears and maybe dig tunnels or shit like that. In hindsight, it does bring down all of the lead characters though.
>>
don't worry op, the whole prequels are horrible meme will die soon.
plinkett and all the haters would soon be the minority
>>
>>63117076
>I thought III was good but some dumb lines really ruined a lot of it for me
>killing youngings
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>Hello there
>only because I'm so in love with you
>I HATE YOU
>UNLIMITED POWER
>it is treason then AAAHHHGHHGGHH
>don't make me kill you
Other then that it's a fun movie desu
>>
>>63118314
Good lord you nostlagia faggot are the worse.

It's SHIT, the OT is dumb and chapter VI is especially a cringe fest.

>B-but the dialogue in the prequels is shit, or so the nostalgia critic has said!

Yeah, some lines are dumb, like Anakin interacting with padme for the first time (Duh, a teen who has never interacted with a female his age says something stupid to the girl he's fallen in love with, such a dumb choice the writers have made, yeah? dumb ass).

While in reality the dialogue was absolute shit tier in the OT but you are too blinded by nostalgia to see it, the exchange between Vader and Obi wan is cringe tier, it sounds like something from Naruto or from some other shitty cartoon, the fight's corehography is shit, and it being shot in the 70s is noe xcuse because it's the coreography which is shit tier, not only the special effects, the OT are shit, the ewoks are several times worse than any Jar jar could ever be, the fights are shit, the dialogue is shit, the plot holes are in the dozens, it's pure, unaltered horse shit (the acrtress who plays Lelia is ugly as sin too).

In the prequels at least you have some complexity, it'snot just the goody two shoes/pants vs the evil baddies (yeah that's the only emrit of the VI who shows that a bit in Vader but it's still nto enough to redime the ewook shitfest), in the prequels you see the ills of the Jedi life's style, which supresses human's nature and desire, Anakin has a reason to turn to the dark side and you see the two faces of the coin, while still flawed (out fo character moments like Ani killing the younglings) the prequels have goat fight scenes and some decently developed themes and plot.
>>
File: 1447220105936s.jpg (2 KB, 125x90) Image search: [Google]
1447220105936s.jpg
2 KB, 125x90
>>63118489
>redime
>>
MI SA
>>
>>63118489
>goat fight scenes
It's a perfectly choreographed dance, there is no tension, they have to put them on "amazing" locations because you can't watch them for 20 minutes just blocking each other at a fast pace

Compare it to the Luke vs Vader fight, there you go, tension anger drama character development and great cinematography

>decently developed themes and plot
I won't spend a minute on this one, this has to be bait

Only good thing in the prequels is the sound design and soundtrack, nothing else
>>
>>63118489

>sounds like something from Naruto

So....you watch the prequels AND Naruto? Truly the patriciast of patricians.
>>
>>63116672
to put it as simple as possible; the OT is a nice lighthearted space adventure, the prequels are a completely overloaded cringefest without any sense of focus or structure
>>
>>63118487
>implying the antepenultimate and penultimate are bad lines
>>
3 was great, go eat a dick nostalgia fags.
>>
People hate them because muh Plinkett, which were completely wrong.
>>
>>63117076
This is the definitive answer
>>
>>63116672
i love the whole saga
but when i think about star wars the first thing that comes to my mind is about the original saga
>>
>>63118489
>the actress who played Leia is ugly as sin

Literally gay
>>
>>63120782
FUUUUUCK

why didnt someone put her on cryo sleep? ;_;
>>
>>63120683
nobody really hates 3 and if anyone here has nostalgia, it's for the prequels. most people here weren't even bron when the OT came out
>>
>>63120782
Those crack nails give me a diamond boner
>>
>>63118263
>it just was not shown in the movie

well gosh maybe they should have

shown it

in

the movie
>>
>>63118489

THAT EDGE
D
G
E
>>
>>63120782
she was nice in a new hope when she had a bit of youthful plump to her, but she lost it quick
>>
>>63118489
>you nostlagia faggot

>most people here weren't even born when the OT came but but probably in exactly the right age for the prequels.
>liking the OT better must be due to nostalgia

fuck off
>>
>>63116672
The dialogue
>>
True ranking:

1. III - dark and heavy, lots of story
2. I - good adventure and introduction to things
3. II - more subdued installment, cool noir kenobi story and development of padme/anakin
4. V - good battle on hoth and emotional revelations
5. IV - simple action flick, not much going for it
6. VI - going through "the finale" motions, kinda shitty
>>
>>63121169
>I - good adventure and introduction to things
fuck off this isnt funny
>>
>>63121199
tis true though. episode 1 felt vast and ripe with adventure. its a great starting point. only weaknesses are the podracing which goes on too long, anakin saving the day by chance, and jar jar obviously
>>
>>63116672
>Why everybody hates the prequels ?
Because everyone watched the Plinkett reviews years ago and now we hate them.>>63116672
>>
>>63116672
>Why everybody hates the prequels ?
Why does everybody hate the prequels?
>>
>>63121300
"review"

is it actually a review or just some youtuber getting angry an shouting tho
>>
>>63121270
how the fuck is political bickering and a failed trade negotiation a good start to a space opera about father and son, adventure, and a rebellion against an Empire.

Literally talking out of your ASS
>>
>>63121410
the politics are entirely intertwined with the wars and why everything happened.
>>
>>63121169
>introduction to things
this isnt 3rd grade show and tell
>>
File: SWCW21-25_1.jpg (40 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
SWCW21-25_1.jpg
40 KB, 640x457
IV = V > VI > 2003 Clone Wars Cartoon series > III > 2008 Clone Wars series > Clone Wars Cartoon Movie > I = II

Haven't got to Rebels yet.
>>
Lucas and Hayden Christiansen ruined them
>>
>>63121617
Hayden did better than most probably would with the direction he received and material handed to him.
And it was not poor Lloyd's fault he was incorrectly chosen for a part that even a more competent child actor would have been hated for. Just like Jar Jar, they are far from being the weakest links in why the Prequels didn't work.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.