[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly was Sauron's plan here? Was he just going to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: sauron.jpg (57 KB, 1275x547) Image search: [Google]
sauron.jpg
57 KB, 1275x547
What exactly was Sauron's plan here? Was he just going to mace every elf and man to death?
>>
It was going pretty well until the guy with the magic sword showed up
>>
I think he knew it was over by that point and just wanted to style on some cĂșcks before biting the dust
>>
>>63112610
That's just dust, anon. I don't think they had mace in middle earth times.
>>
>>63112610
Have them all piss themselves and route
>>
>>63112610
if you're the commander but also the most powerful weapon in your own arsenal, why not use your own abilities to press your advantage on the battlefield
>>
File: Refn is cute CUTE.webm (3 MB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
Refn is cute CUTE.webm
3 MB, 940x529
>>63112644
>>
Well he has a crazy STR+DEX build and can put up crazy splash damage numbers. Too bad he didn't spec 1v1.
>>
>>63112963
He did actually, totally rekt those 2 cukks

he only lost because he didn't spec PER enough and got stealth attacked by isilGAY
>>
Why did gandalf refuse to say hullo to pippin and merry when he literally watched them get carried off by treebeard? All he had to do was say "Oh, hey guys I'm alive again but white this time lol"

Kinda fucked up
>>
>>63113103

that always annoyed me about two tower, gandalf only hears his name being heard by aragorn even though the hobbs were there
>>
>>63112610

The scene was there to quickly visually inform the audience that Sauron + the Ring equaled bad things without much exposition. Same with Sauron accidently getting his finger cut instead of being wrestled to death like a pussy. The scene didn't really make much sense, but it works well for the movie.
>>
I can never get invested in any Tolkien stuff because the good guys are always way too OP
>>
>>63113582

It really has the tendency to imitate Germanic chronicles in that. First it emphasizes how dire the situation supposedly is for the good guys but then every Eru fearing High Man kills atleast ten orcs and a few dirty brown lesser Men to finish it off.
>>
>>63113582
the only one that isn't believable is gimli

aragorn, legolas, boromir all seem more than capable of handling a bunch of orcs at once

gimli though, is short and fat. it's hard to believe he wouldn't get his ass manhandled by even a single goblin, let alone dozens of oruc-hai at once
>>
>>63113149
It is suggested in the movies that he did not have his memory back completely.
>just saiyan
>>
>>63113735
Gimli is a dwarf, retard, not your run of the mill manlet. Dwarves have such dense muscles hitting one would feel like punching rock and that toughness is only matched by how strong they are.
>>
>>63114118
lmfao nerd
>>
>>63112610
They had been sieging his crib for years, he probably just snapped and tried to kill a bunch of them out of annoyance
>>
>>63112680

because you don't risk the most important person in your army so that you can squash a few extra soldiers
>>
>>63113017
>tfw you fail your spot check and get wrekt by a human with no powers
>>
>>63112642
question asked, question answered within 3 minutes
>>
>LOTR

literally more reddit than star wars
>>
>>63114744

Go back to your capeshit threads you beta kek
>>
>>63114744
this is just awful awful awful awful awful awful bait
>>
>>63114161

Didn't they say in that narration that they were holding their own til Sauron entered the battlefield
>>
>>63112610
He was annoyed that these silly fuckers were sitting outside his house for years.

He stepped outside and was gonna mop the floor with the leaders real quick then go back inside. He got 2/4.
>>
>>63114658

>King of Numenor
>human with no powers

Redditt please leave
>>
>>63112610
You know why LOTR sucks now and the hobbit flopped horribly? No bulls, without BBC it's just hard for modern audiences to pay attention to the context of the film. People need to be reassured that they can day dream about the bull on screen spitroasting their wives with 3 of their friends at least once a month to satisfy her. I mean come on guys, most movies nowadays can't stand by themselves without a good dose of BBC. Who's with me?
>>
File: 1447470079853.jpg (54 KB, 566x480) Image search: [Google]
1447470079853.jpg
54 KB, 566x480
>>63112610
Battles are not fought to the last man but untill the enemy army loses its nerves and runs away. This guy was terror incarnate. Go figure.
>>
>>63114840
>isildur
>king of numenor
Just end it now
>>
Well his precence scared the shit out of the elves and probably gave moral to his troops. My guess is that he hopped smacking a few guys would turn the tide.
>>
>>63112610
he prob just thought he'd give it a go, see how it went
>>
Those scenes were pretty impressive senpaitachi
>>
>sauron in books
>spooky mysterious villain with unknowable powers who doesn't appear so he stays mysterious
>sauron in movies
>generic bad guy with a spiky helmet
>>
>>63112644
kek
>>
Also wtf was he just like made of dust and shit?

I mean Gandalf isn't a dude but looks like he has skin, blood, sweat, etc

How come we never see sauron take like a huge axe to the chest and have blood go everywhere

We just burn his jewelry and knock over his house and he's dead?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.