[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.png (283 KB, 604x570) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
283 KB, 604x570
>Both Lionsgate and the director of its upcoming Gods Of Egypt have apologized for the film’s much-disparaged casting, with Lionsgate releasing a statement, first reported by Forbes today, conceding that the company “failed to live up to our own standards of sensitivity and diversity.”
> Last week, following the release of a trailer, Deadline’s Ross A. Lincoln wrote that “based on the statuary and monuments that have survived, not to mention thousands of years of other cultures commenting on them, [ancient Egyptians] definitely weren’t white people with flowing, curly blond locks, and their gods were definitely not Europeans. To me, casting here stands out like a sore thumb leftover from 1950s Hollywood.”
>In the joint statements, Lionsgate responded to widespread criticism: ”We recognize that it is our responsibility to help ensure that casting decisions reflect the diversity and culture of the time periods portrayed. In this instance we failed to live up to our own standards of sensitivity and diversity, for which we sincerely apologize. Lionsgate is deeply committed to making films that reflect the diversity of our audiences. We have, can and will continue to do better.”
>Proyas’ statement reads: “The process of casting a movie has many complicated variables, but it is clear that our casting choices should have been more diverse. I sincerely apologize to those who are offended by the decisions we made.”
http://deadline.com/2015/11/gods-of-egypt-diversity-lionsgate-alex-proyas-apologize-1201642246/

Top kek it's like Exodus all over again.
>>
>americans cast white people to play Egyptians
>blacks say they should be black

shouldnt Egyptians be, you know, arabs, since they're, you know, Egyptians?
>>
>>63112431
exodus failed because no one wants to go pay for a played-out story. why not make another robin hood film?
>>
WE
>>
File: 1444284578980.jpg (152 KB, 899x315) Image search: [Google]
1444284578980.jpg
152 KB, 899x315
>>63112448
Are you serious?
>>
WUZ
>>
KANGS
>>
WE WUZ KINGS N GODS N SHIT
>>
N
>>
It truly amazes me that educated adults believe that ancient Egyptians were black.

Are history departments seriously just going with the "we wuz kangz" narrative so blacks feel better about themselves? How does this fly?
>>
>>63112469
Looks like Arabians killing Nubians to me
>>
>>63112469
Wow it turns out ancient Egyptians had the same skin colour as a tanned Arab
This surelt must mean sub-saharan africans were all pharoahs
>>
>>63112469
I don't know what you're trying to prove in this picture but it looks like the black people are losing and not Egyptian
>>
>>63112554

I've been in multiple departments in Illinois and never heard a professor talk about Egyptians as blacks.

they've done plenty reconstructions over the years, they look like sometimes slightly less tan Arabs (Semitic) Mediterranean types and rest are just brown.

I mean they're Egyptians alive today and they don't look black so I never understand why this is a thing on here.

I mean even if you're talking population drift, you still have copts.
>>
What's that? White people? Yo boycott this shit family.
>>
>>63112554
Egypt is in Africa, Africa is where black come from therefore ancient egyptian were black.
This is their reasoning
>>
File: 1447854113688.jpg (82 KB, 1401x501) Image search: [Google]
1447854113688.jpg
82 KB, 1401x501
>>
>>63112911

Egypt has second longest history that we know of for a contiguous nation timeline and it is tied to greece and rome, and ottoman empire and many other empires like sassieds or however you spell berber/moor group that took over north of africa.

I mean when Egypt was fighting the Hittites the rest of Africa was scratching its ass in the mud still.

I get the reason why they would want to associate but they're distinct and different peoples living more closely than some other distinct groups.
>>
WE WUZ PHARAOHS N SHIET
>>
>>63112554
Yes, there are a shit load of anti-white historical revisionists in history/sociology departments in unversities
>>
>>63112431
Wez be kangz knyukka
>>
File: 1352442411446.jpg (54 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1352442411446.jpg
54 KB, 720x720
DAS RITE BITCH WE STEALIN' YO HISTORY GIVE UP DEM PHARAOHS NIGGA
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.