[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't take this show seriously. He cries about being lonely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: mr-robot.jpg (80 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot.jpg
80 KB, 600x549
I can't take this show seriously. He cries about being lonely and social anxiety, but an hour later he fucks some druggie friend of his.
>>
>>63107196
He's still pretty relatable
>>
>>63107196
>I can't take this show seriously.
You're not supposed to. It's a meme show.
>>
>>63107286
whats the difference between a meme show and a non meme show?
>>
The main character needs to be "relatable". Casual sex is the only thing he does that the typical viewer can relate to.
>>
>>63107452
Pls. I bet thousands of Normies have convinced themselves that they suffer from anxiety and some have even started to see a therapist for it. And then they discuss their therapy with a dozen friends because mental illness has become a meme itself
>>
>>63107513
He sees a shrink, but he doesn't take it seriously and doesn't take his pills. Most people just take the pills and don't bother with the shrink.
>>
>>63107196
He fucks her high as fuck. He doesn't go out of his way to chill with her afterwards looking for more sex. He's still socially anxious.
>>
>>63107588
yeah constantly going outside and meeting people wow so socially anxious
>>
>>63107647
>going outside
He's scared of having conversations with new people, not breathing fresh air.
>meeting people
Who did he go out of his way to meet and befriend?
>>
Most NEETs don't have contacts with slutty drug dealers.
>>
>>63107700
you don't put yourself in situations to constantly meet people, retard
>>
>>63107700
>scared of having conversations with new people
>confronts a stranger with cheezy pizza in the very first episode like it's nothing instead of just snitching on him remotely

>>63107376
one has memes the other doesn't
>>
>>63107647
>>63107747
He's not a NEET. He has a job at the security company. It's kind of essential to the plot.
>>
>>63107825
>has a childhood friend who wants to watch movies with him
>fucks druggie friend
>confronts strangers
>constantly outside
>has friends and contacts

Socially "anxious" yeah no
>>
Yeah, that was where the narrative turned to shit for me too.
He's got the drug dealer fuck buddy.
He's got the childhood friend.
He's got the imouto.
This is some anime-tier wish fulfillment fantasy shit, to say nothing of the Fight Club Unanymous h4xTEHpl@n3t horseshit.

The series temporarily looked extremely promising again during that faceoff with Tyrell in the office. Then nothing fucking happened.
>>
Brother tried to get me into this, I got bored after the second episode. Cant take tge SECRET HAXER bullshit seriously. None of the so called hackers act like nerds, they act like ultra confident alpha males. Its fucking stupid
>>
There was an episode where the prospect of becoming a normie and living a regular life (like those of his peers) was opened up to him, but he purposely chose to forego it in favor of protecting that bubble they lived in. He knows that he's not as messed up as he has postulated but due to his messed up past he continually backpedals and suspends himself into believing he is.
>>
>>63107196
a show about a real 1/10 virgin shut in neckbeard would be boring as fuck
>>
>>63107887
>imouto.
At least she's appropriately freaked out by the attempted incest. Never happens in anime.
>>
>>63108011
>a real 1/10 virgin shut in neckbeard
Remi Malek is a lanky, bug-eyed freak. He doesn't need a neckbeard or 40% body fat to scrap close to 1/10.
The sex was really bad tween pandering.
>>
>>63108240
>5'7
>lanky

What?
>>
what? you can't relate to that or something?
>>
>>63107790
nah, meme show is like a show that got super popular really fast for meme reasons like the fanbase or specific actors, or maybe the script or something

shows like Breaking Bad or True Detective aren't meme shows, but Mr Robot or Arrested Development or Games of Thrones are meme shows
>>
>>63108602
most people with actual social anxiety including me, can't
>>
The constant sex makes sense if you take the theory that Tyrell is the real main character and Elliot, like Christian Slater, is just another personality Tyrell created to embody his overall self-hatred and how he had to purge himself of all nerdy aspects of his personality in order to make himself over into a Chad who had the looks and paper thin personality to get promoted up the ranks of corporate america
>>
File: mr robot tick.gif (2 MB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
mr robot tick.gif
2 MB, 268x268
> not realizing fucking a fucked up druggie chick can just make you feel even more alone
>>
>>63107872
thats not what a neet is
>>
>>63108735
That's because you're not a druggie with social anxiety.
>>
>>63109250
you know, if Tyrell dressed and took care of himself the way Elliot doesn he's look just as much like a kinda creepy loser too.
>>
>>63109250
Tyrell is Swedish and Elliot's family isn't. Unless EVERYONE is a hallucination.
>>
File: 29324391.jpg (872 KB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
29324391.jpg
872 KB, 3072x2304
>>63109253
>>
>>63107196
He's mentally ill, you retard.
>>
>>63109250
The constant sex makes sense because of the location. Do you know how easy it is to get laid in Manhattan?
>>
>>63109751
tfw I'm the only person in Manhattan not getting laid
>>
>>63109788
https://youtu.be/bmav517MQJc
>>
>>63107887
>This is some anime-tier wish fulfillment fantasy shit, to say nothing of the Fight Club Unanymous h4xTEHpl@n3t horseshit.

You obviously havent made it far enough to see that the show (like the original fight club book) thinks the revolution/fight club unanymos hack the planet stuff is horseshit as well.

its kind of the point, that it's empty
>>
>>63109253

>wahhh this sex is sub-par
>so alone ;____;
>wonder if my other gf is awake
>maybe more sex will damper my loneliness
>>
>he has empty sex while high on the morphine he does to not be crushed by crippling loneliness he doesn't have SOCIAL ANXIETY IDIOTS
>>
>>63109898

If he can get sex/drugs/gf on the regular then his "social anxiety" is negligible at best.
>>
>>63109253
uhh so alone xD
>>
>>63109722
like that even means anything
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.