[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gods of Egypt Director & Lionsgate Apologize for White-Washed Cast
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: gods-egypt-logo-poster.jpg (41 KB, 570x285) Image search: [Google]
gods-egypt-logo-poster.jpg
41 KB, 570x285
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gods-egypt-director-studio-apologize-844074
>>
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>63102608
>apologizing
>most of the outcry was white people
>>
File: 734865.jpg (12 KB, 152x151) Image search: [Google]
734865.jpg
12 KB, 152x151
WE
>>
>>63102852
WUZ
>>
File: 1448339723032.gif (319 KB, 314x314) Image search: [Google]
1448339723032.gif
319 KB, 314x314
>apologizing for doing nothing wrong
lmao
f
a
m
>>
>thinking apologizing is gonna save this from being a massive flop

they tried
>>
>>63102608
>we're sorry for not making it more diverse
The fuck? Shouldn't the cast be all egyptian? How would that be diverse? I thought diversity meant there would be people of many different races?
>>
>>63102870
KINGGGZZZ
>>
>>63102874
>wahhh why does this white movie have niggers in it????
>Ancient Egyptian gods being played by Scotts and Danes? They did nothing wrong :^)))

I hate you faggots. I really do
>>
White-washing is the least of what this movie should apologize for.
>>
>even if the movie wasn't whitewashed it'll still bomb

Not even Ra himself can save this shit show
>>
>>63103055
Go home Jamal
>>
Who should be casted then?

Ancient Egyptians weren't black. They weren't Arab either. They most closely resemble modern Copts, but good luck finding Coptic actors in any abundance.

Of course, the true irony is that western libs can't even tell the difference between difference ethnicities and think all middle easterners look the same.
>>
File: cgi.jpg (1 MB, 3680x3488) Image search: [Google]
cgi.jpg
1 MB, 3680x3488
the "diarrhea of cgi monsters" genre needs to die. the movies always flop
>>
>FF4 flops
>Lol it's cause they blackwashed Johnny Storm
>Pan white-washes Tiger Lily
>movie bombs
>*crickets*
>This shit is gonna bomb and nobody will say anything

/tv/ logic
>>
>>63103055
>gods
>works of fiction
>should look exactly like the people who invented them
No. They did nothing wrong. I am not that guy. The studio pussied out because they didn't want it to bomb like Exodus. Which people will tell you bombed because of backlash from having an all white cast, but really bombed because it looked generic and boring.
>>
>>63103179
Is it possible to make a good modern fantasy movie?

>inb4 LotR

It's shit too
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_featuring_whitewashed_roles

PROBLEMATIC
>>
>>63103179
It really does, but unfortunately there is an audience for them who happily consume them every time they're released and call them superb movies.
>>
>>63103209
Fantastic 4 flopped because it was dogshit.
>>
>>63103211
>>should look exactly like the people who invented them
I'm not one to care about racewashing in movies, but this particular instance bothered me because it makes no sense for the egyptian gods to be white. A lot of 4chan faggots play the
>it makes no sense for a black man to exist in medieval times!
and then pay no mind to shit like this.
>>
>>63102608
>Apologizing for a movie nobody is going to see anyway.

Is this one of those movies that was made for no other reason than to be a tax write off?
>>
>>63103216
B8 or Shit taste
>>
>>63103459
Well, they still aren't supposed to be black.
>>
>>63103459
egyptians looked more white than they did black.

while hollywood, which resides in a white culture, continues to be the dominant producer of cinema, and white americans are still the dominant consumers of hollywood films, then i see no reason why films should not be whitewashed. make your own fucking films if you don't like it.
>>
>>63103274
Just say Chinese people. For some reason they love an abundance of crappy cgi. Look at any wuxia show.
>>
>>63103055
Just wondering have you ever met an Egyptian?
>>
File: howgay.jpg (38 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
howgay.jpg
38 KB, 720x405
>>63103266
Damn. SJWs aside, thats pretty shitty..
>>
File: 1443181800131.gif (318 KB, 250x309) Image search: [Google]
1443181800131.gif
318 KB, 250x309
Boy I sure can't wait until it's mandatory for all schools to teach that ancient Egyptians were black.
>>
>>63103579
Is it bad I love wuxia because of the Rad ass costumes and hot girls?
>>
>>63103651
How about we don't white-wash or black-wash? Let ancient Egyptians be played by Egyptians.
>>
Black man here,

This is just stupid.

Singing off,
Nigga
>>
>>63103266

That's a fucking blog not an article. Doesn't anyone need to approve shit like this?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.