[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: Fantastic-Four-Banner.jpg (3 MB, 2250x1500) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic-Four-Banner.jpg
3 MB, 2250x1500
What went wrong?
>>
>>63101894
Fantastic Four was never good.
>>
Nigger washing a white character.
>>
>>63101894
It wasn't fantastic.... at all desu senpai.
>>
Its based on shitty material and theres no longer a fad backing up said shitty material. Also it just sucked.
>>
executive Meddling.
>>
I have a better question, what went right?
>>
Not quite my tempo.
>>
>>63102021
this and Josh Trank being an overrated hack who was an asshole on set.
>>
Jew, basketball american, shit cgi and totally decent girl. Yeah, what could possibly went wrong?
>>
>>63102054
I liked the body horror bits. and the Doom was a terrible Doom but he was still fun walking around scannersing people.
>>
>>63102066
Wait, what? I knew about them fucking up his story by cutting out the scenes where they learned and experimented with their powers, but was he really a dickhead?
>>
>>63101894
Why did people think this movie was so terrible again?
>>
>>63101894
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/

>totally blinging out your imdb
>>
>>63102127
Was often drunk/high during shoots, trashed his hotel room, and even made Kate Mara cry at one point, apparently
>>
>black character who was originally Susan Storm's sibling
>Storm's awful wig in the post-trank scenes
>casting an even younger Mr. Fantastic despite the fact that people thought the last Reed was too young for the role

Disney paid them to Producers the movie so they could do a crossover deal for the MCU.
>>
>>63102054
The russian jew had little screen time?
>>
>>63101894
Everyone that can go wrong
>>
>>63101894
Josh Trank and the entire cast, with the exception of Tobby Kebbel.
>>
>>63101894
Let's start with the title Fantfourtastic is a retarded name
>>
>>63102261
It's literally Fantfourstic. Which sounds way more retarded.

Is it true that there was an actual line at the end where Reed literally yells "Fantfourstic" for their team name?
>>
File: se7en.jpg (825 KB, 1394x1394) Image search: [Google]
se7en.jpg
825 KB, 1394x1394
>>63102261
It was an homage to this
>>
File: 1448661679122.jpg (65 KB, 608x960) Image search: [Google]
1448661679122.jpg
65 KB, 608x960
>>63101894
BBC
>>
Everything
>>
>>63102310
Sesevenen sounds way better, though.
>>
No second act and they ran out of money for the third act/effects.
>>
>>63101894
They hired Trank.
Then they didn't fire Trank when he was drunk, high, assaulting the actors, destroying property...
>>
Not making the Thing sound like a rock.

>It's what I do.

This movie was never designed to succeed. It did this as a white flag to Disney. It wanted to be assimilated.
>>
File: 367.png (2 MB, 1124x744) Image search: [Google]
367.png
2 MB, 1124x744
>>
I just watched it.

It's not a bad movie, the dialogue, cinematography, production design, VFX, acting, and directing were decent.

The main problem was that it was a boring movie, which is worse than bad. All the heart and humor were sucked dry from the film, and there were like two action scenes to keep our interest going. (I don't know how many there were. I fell asleep in the middle and woke up as Doom awoke.)

Add in a tacked on ending that reeked of executive meddling where the "villain" of the movie rose, gave dumb exposition and was defeated all in the final minutes of the movie and we had a disaster. There was also little understanding of the characters, franchise and why fans love it.

I also think setting the Fantastic 4 origins in modern times is misguided. They are the first family of Marvel, and a relic of the Space Race and Cold War. If someone dares make another attempt keep it warm, light, optimistic, and make it a period piece set somewhere between the 50's to 80's. We can have the feel of "The Right Stuff" and Dr. Doom liberating Latveria from the USSR.
>>
>>63101904
Fantastic Four by Stan Lee is still the best thing put out by Marvel.
>>
>>63102616
That's what Disney Marvel's getting somewhat right at least.
First Avenger took place during WWII and Hank Pym was at his most active during the Cold War before passing the suit onto Scott Lang. It's not afraid of putting some of its shit in the right time period.
>>
>>63102616
What's funny is that period pieces are all the fucking rage thanks to Downton Abbey. I don't know why they aren't making more capeshit that takes place earlier than the year they're made.
>>
>>63102820
60s set Spider-Man... My dick.
>>
>>63102871
Raimi kind of made that.
Sure it took place in the time it was filmed, but it had 60s Spider-Man firmly in mind. It's literally why he didn't want Venom in his trilogy. Another steaming pile of executive meddling.
>>
File: www.jpg (39 KB, 653x303) Image search: [Google]
www.jpg
39 KB, 653x303
what went wrong
>>
>>63103354

Too soon.

Michael Fassbender although a tremendous actor looks nothing like Steve Jobs who is universally recognizable. (Opposite of Ashton)
>>
>>63101894
Too young.
>>
>>63101894
They tried to make a comic series originally aimed at children into something for mature adults.

It could've worked if they kept Doctor Doom accurate (I like the idea of him liberating Latveria being put to film), and made everyone the right age, but Trank couldn't have that.
He wanted an update that, despite being an attempt at maturity, ended up aiming itself at children anyway. Reed was a boy genius. Doom was a 133t hax0r.

It ended up becoming a paradoxical mess that didn't know who it was aiming for.
>>
>>63103354
We won't know if anything went wrong until the oscars
>>
>>63102983
All spider man movies was shit
>>
wtf is fantfourstic? anyone actually watch this?
>>
>>63103354
>movie about a retard who got threated by a quack and dies shamefurry
>>
>>63102097
>the body horror bits
I'm an idiot what is this referring to?
>>
>>63101894
Max Landis replaced Josh Trank with an evil impostor because he was jealous about Star Wars.
>>
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1502712/trivia?ref_=m_tt_trv_trv
This is all so depressing

>During production,Josh Trankhad several small dogs, who were left in a rented house in New Orleans while the film was shooting there. The dogs caused as much as $100,000 damage to the property.
This is amazing
>>
>>63102820
Oh shit that would actually be great
>>
>>63104062
Shortly before the Thing figured out how his body worked.

The movie was originally gonna be about how the FF figured out what exactly they'd have become. Trank made some comparisons to Cronenberg's Fly, in that they studied themselves like scientists.
>>
>>63104380
I like that idea.

Actually I liked most of the insider information from 2014-2015

I truly didn't believe the initial bad word of mouth, because I assumed early reviewers did not understand the films vision.

Then like two weeks later I knew there was nothing resembling the original movie.
>>
the movie was fucking boring
>>
>>63102787
>>63102820

There's a drought of good and imaginative production design. Period pieces bring that out.
>>
File: lol 5.gif (2 MB, 360x280) Image search: [Google]
lol 5.gif
2 MB, 360x280
>>63104909
>he actually saw it
>>
>>63104296
>After director Josh Trank finalized his version of the film in 2014, the studio were dissatisfied and didn't like the director's work, demanded re-shoots, which were done in early 2015. It was mainly due to creative differences and the fact FOX thought his version of the film was too violent. Current Run Time: 1hr 30min Original Run Time: 2hr 20min

Studio interference killed it I see. Fucking Fox, bunch of retards.
>>
>>63101894
Blackstaining Johnny Storm
>>
>>63105007
Fuck off Josh
>>
>>63101894
the studio making a shit sandwich and then having one guy say "they'll see it anyways"
>>
>>63105007
They should release a director's cut or at least provide the deleted scenes. If they're finalized the special effects should at least be mostly done and a fanedit could save this. We could have the next Richard Donner Cut on our hands.
>>
>>63102176
source? that's what I thought
>>
>>63105099
Fuck off Fox shill
>>
>>63105106
That's the only upside to social media. Shit like that'll backfire every time. Budgets are so high that they rely on the entire box office weekend, and if a movie is absolute shit, then day two is out the fucking window.
>>
>>63104909
And that's the bottom line.
>>
>1 and a half hours of setup about shit no one cares about, leading to nowhere
>trank realizes the movie can't be 4 hours long, so he both introduces and solves the problem in the remaining 30 minutes

i wonder what the execs were thinking cutting out the fight with doom instead of the irrelevant shit at the beginning
>>
>>63101894
It could've been a decent tv series.
>>
>>63101894

F O X

O

X
>>
>>63101922
Say that again?
>>
>>63106902
Wasn't Fantastic 4 Universal? Did it actually sell to Fox of all things?
>>
>>63106764
Actually his final cut was only two and a half and the only people who didn't like it were the producers.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.