[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It has been suggested that this character is offensive because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: watto.jpg (99 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
watto.jpg
99 KB, 1440x1080
It has been suggested that this character is offensive because he resembles a stereotypical Jew:[3] he has a large nose, beady eyes, speaks in a gravelly voice, and is portrayed as greedy and covetous. J. Hoberman of The Village Voice called him a blatant ethnic stereotype due to his hooked nose.[4] Bruce Gottlieb of Slate magazine criticized him as well, comparing his character to the antisemitic notion that the Jewish race is "behind the slave trade".[5] Patricia J. Williams of The Nation stated that Watto was also described as a stereotype of Arabs, but that he was "more comprehensively anti-Semitic—both anti-Arab and anti-Jew."[6] She added that Watto reminded her of an "anti-Semitic caricature published in Vienna at the turn of the 20th century."[2] Jane Prettyman of the American Review noted that after leaving the theater, she heard two young boys describe him as "that weird little Jewish guy with wings". Prettyman described his depiction as "not at all subtle", and said that "it can be counted on to flush out already-formed Jew-haters among young audiences and give them permission to continue their hatred out loud."[7]
>>
>>63101198
Watto was based, fuck them. Watto is one of my favorite jews.
>>
>>63101198
I wonder how they came to that assertion? I mean that character is pretty fucking far off from looking anything like a human at all. Is that how Jews see themselves??
>>
>hoberman
>gottleib
>>
File: 34700-25524.jpg (15 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
34700-25524.jpg
15 KB, 320x240
>>63101430
and then in the second movie Lucas gave him a little Jew hat
>>
That's really insulting to Watto, I mean he's a slaver and all that but he's nowhere near as bad as your average Jew.
>>
File: oyvey.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>63101198
I can see it desu
>>
>>63101198
don't forget he used Jew Magic to dispel jedi mind tricks

also he wasn't half as ridiculous as the entire chink federation
>>
No tricks only money.
>>
It's literally a stump of an elephant trunk. I don't get why everyone needs to bring race into it. Hell, they cast a famous Jew as Luke Skywalker's mother, ffs.
>>
>>63101557

sociology truly is the most jewish 'science'
>>
>>63101542
>lucas
>not extremely based
>>
>anti-Jew sentiments
>film is called "The Phantom Menace", referring to Jews as well
Pottery
>>
>>63101650
Just because a broken clock is right every once and a while doesn't make it great.
>>
>>63101542
I always saw it as an WW one soldiers hat.
>>
>>63101198
The 501st Legion detained a group of Toydarians who were seen staring at the Death Star before the Battle of Yavin and cheering after the explosion.

No Toydarian contractor or employee showed up to work at the Death Star on the day of The Battle of Yavin.

Of course Palpatine, Grand Moffs and the mainstream media don't want us to know.

Wake up before it's too late!
>>
File: dolphin-vase.jpg (71 KB, 429x570) Image search: [Google]
dolphin-vase.jpg
71 KB, 429x570
>>63102085
This.

People see what they want to see and only ever see that.
>>
>>63102842

You're all drones! Especially the drones!
>>
>>63101198
jews need to let that shit go. guy looks like a flying tapir, not a jew.
>>
>>63102842

If you're ready to swallow the redpill read "The Protocols of the Elders or Toydaria" otherwise stay blind as a miraluka.
>>
File: satire is not racism.png (1 MB, 1420x973) Image search: [Google]
satire is not racism.png
1 MB, 1420x973
>draw a flying elephant squid
>jews, who deny looking like elephant squids claim that it is supposed to be jewish for loving money
>jews claim to no love money
>sue lucas for money

jews
>>
>>63101699

Tell that to Achmed
>>
>>63101198
He's based on an ant-eater moron. Stop finding racism where there isn't any. Jeez
>>
don't forget that jarjar is a black guy *(and was actually played by a black actor)
>>
>>63102842
>>>63101198 (OP) #
>The 501st Legion detained a group of Toydarians who were seen staring at the Death Star before the Battle of Yavin and cheering after the explosion.
>No Toydarian contractor or employee showed up to work at the Death Star on the day of The Battle of Yavin.
>Of course Palpatine, Grand Moffs and the mainstream media don't want us to know.
>Wake up before it's too late!

MFW Rocket fuel can't melt steel beams!
>>
>>63103253

Nowhere in history has a single proton torpedo disentegrated a durasteel frame space station.
>>
File: 320x240.jpg (31 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
320x240.jpg
31 KB, 320x240
Your movies are having Jew issues?
>>
>>63103451
Space jews are my favorite Star Trek aliens.
>>
>>63103451
That entire race was like Mel Brooks incarnate.
>>
>>63101198
i thought he was an arab or a turk.

and who gives a fuck what some leftwing hack critic says. because that movie paid for itself before it was even released and those faggots are still crying themselves to sleep everynight because their organic sourdough might contain traces of third world children. eat a fucking dick.
>>
>>63103612
the jews own star wars now tho
and have made a black lead with a white love interest

and all the white characters are old/ impotent or villans
>>
>>63102914
can someone outline the dophin
>>
>>63103678
Just look at the dark spots
>>
>>63103737
oh I see now...

it's clearly both
>>
>>63103664
well good for them.
>>
>>63103253
I'm a member of the 501st and I can confirm these allegations.
>>
>>63104518

In today's news Imperial candidate Kylo Ren supports a registry of all Toydarians.
>>
>>63102842
Wake up sheeple, admit the Death Star was an inside job.
>>
>>63102914

Is this a fucking joke because I can't see anything but a guy giving a lady the heimlich manouvre while she throws her arms up in fiery anger with God
>>
>>63102842
Those cunning criminals already control all the credits and the media.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.