[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Orphan Black
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: ob.jpg (527 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ob.jpg
527 KB, 1280x720
Just finished the latest season of this, I felt it declined a bit in quality in the third season but still stayed a solid 7/10

What do you guys think of Orphan Black, /tv/?
>>
S1 >>>> S2 >>>>>>>>>>>> S3

DUDE
TALKING
SCORPION
LMAO
>>
>>63098696
fuck off
>>
>>63098827
correct

It slowly becomes more awful as they explain the mysteries and it becomes nonsense with a corporation fighting the military with lesbian romance
>>
>>63098929
whats wrong with the lesbian romance? theres heterosexual romances in it too, and its not like it focuses on the fact that they're gay. its just a relationship period.
>>
>>63098972
The lesbian romance is awful because the lesbians are awful and it's more crucial to the plot than the other romances
>>
>>63099057
why are they awful though? yes delphine is a crazy bitch but i found that one of the more interesting plot points.
>>
File: reallyimportantperson.png (119 KB, 252x276) Image search: [Google]
reallyimportantperson.png
119 KB, 252x276
>>63099154
Important events hinge on the relationship between a quirky gay nerd with dreadlocks and another weird looking scientist spy with a bad French accent, when the relationship never appeared at any point to have any depth. It's choreographed so badly from the start that Delphine is a double agent that the actions she takes for Cosima make no sense when it has not been demonstrated that they have been in love

I must also reiterate that Delphine has a French accent
>>
>>63098696
/tv/ is schizophrenic about it because it has tons of waifus but they also read "muh feminism" into the show when it isn't even there because /tv/ can't handle a show where the majority of the cast is female
>>
>>63099397
this
theres a lot more to this show than lesbians and women that arent completely useless.
>>
>>63098696
I loved the first season and couldn't get into the 2nd at all for some reason.
>>
It suffers from the same problems all conspiracy shows do, where increasingly the characters seemingly do a lot more running around back and forth but the key points they discover and investigate seem to become more convoluted but less significant.

Basically by the third season it just feels like it's spinning its wheels. Maybe it does decide to throw out something that's actually seemingly significant, but it'll be just fucking nutty compared to the stuff they've previously established.
>>
>>63099488
That's fine I think. The writing gets a bit off the walls. I heard S4 is going to be a bit of a reboot and in the spirit of season 1 so you should check it out when it airs.
>>
One thing that drove me crazy with this show was Mrs. S and her fucking endless network.
You've been looking for the original genome for the whole season? Let me call this guy I know in London. Oop there we go.

Besides that I quite enjoyed it and I thought Maslany's diversity was brilliant.
>>
>>63099516
I think they're bringing back the plot with the transhumanists that Max Headroom was part of
>>
>plot is resolved with one episode left
>oh no all the other stuff is controlled by yet another organization
>>
>>63099359
>I must also reiterate that Delphine has a French accent

The show is set in Toronto, and the actress is a fucking Quebecer. Her character probably is too.

I mean I hate Quebec as much as the next person, but why is her accent a detriment?
>>
>>63099887
the character is also a french national so..
>>
>>63099887
>>63099918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G82_yTArTz4
This is how she sounds

Honestly thought the French national thing and the bad accent were part of a cover story as a DYAD worker and once it was revealed she would stop sounding like a frog
>>
>>63098827
i honestly enjoyed that facet of crazy's mind.
>>63098929
eh, lesbian Kenzie is rotten & part of the plot
>>
>>63100021
No, people from Quebec just have weird accents and iirc this is her first English-speaking role.
>>
Is anyone going to mention the trans clone that appeared for one episode, contributed nothing to the plot and then disappeared?
>>
>>63100085
Literally just watched the video so disregard me first b/c i suck cocks, but people from quebec still have weird-ass accents and I'm pretty sure she still did only French language shit before OB tho it's irrelevant now.
>>
>>63098696
I really enjoyed the first season. Had a lot of hope for the second but was slowly losing interest. The 2nd season finale gave me a little hope for season 3 but then my provider dropped BBC and I didnt care enough to find it elsewhere. The programs concept it pretty neat though. And since this was originally intended on being a movie I dont know how much more shit they can pull out of their ass to keep the show going.
>>
>>63100094
No
>>
>>63100094
That kind of thing is just Tumblr appeasement. They don't care about the quality of a thing, they just treat the shows they watch like a checklist. They can tick off trans people now thanks to that episode.

In the official podcast they even look at and talk about fanart from Tumblr. The show is kinda Tumblr incarnate.
>>
>>63100461
see shit like this gets to me. I'm a full supporter of LGBT rights but when dedicate screen time just to pander to them and not even make a decent attempt to integrate it into the story you're just dehumanizing them more. they did it slightly better with cosima and delphine but still kinda the same shit
>>
>>63098696
i like orphan is the new black, i think its good
>>
>Male clones are called "Castor"
>They don't immediatly start looking for who the fuck is "Pollux" because sure as hell there's going to be another set of clones
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.