[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think there'll ever be a resurgence in Western films?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 10103995.jpg (31 KB, 385x477) Image search: [Google]
10103995.jpg
31 KB, 385x477
Do you think there'll ever be a resurgence in Western films? Or an appearance films that are like neo-westerns, like how there were neo-noir films?

Is Tarantino's shit right now, with Django and Hateful Eight, those kind of neo-westerns?
>>
They never stopped making them.
>>
>>63096778
Somehow I doubt it
>>
Westerns are passe. Up next is glorifying police violence.
>>
>>63096778

they are not politically correct, so no, unless they can make them politically correct.
>>
Who /Appaloosa/ here?

Comfy as shit and one of the best modern westerns next to the Yuma remake.
>>
Does No Country for Old Men not count as a neo-western? It has all the hallmarks of a classic western but with massively dark overtones and a semi-modern setting.
>>
>>63096865
What's politically incorrect about westerns though?
>>
They won't make any like the Dollars Trilogy again. Directors need to make retard-action like in Django (neo-western) that preach the director's liberal belief or the movie sucks. Honestly liked Bone Tomahawk, though.
>>
>>63096817

this. There are tons do you need me to list them?
>>
>>63096909
No, it's film noir.
>>
>>63096778

We still have recent westerns from time to time, including remakes. Not a lot, but still. True Grit, The Salvation, 3:10 to Yuma, Assassination of Jesse James, come to mind.
Maybe there will be a big resurgence, but Hollywood works in trends, so who knows. There were noirs, westerns, but now we have capeshit. Who knows what we will have next
>>
>>63096912
You can't make a liberal movie set in anything American-historic except the Civil War from a mostly Union perspective or a black person perspective sometime else. You can occasionally make Revolution movies, but with the way people are now, you have to include a black man being a huge part of the war.
>>
Slow West and Bone Tomahawk are two Westerns released this year that I enjoyed.
>>
>>63097001
Your memes are becoming real.
>>
>>63097013
Neat. I'm going to go watch those.
>>
>>63097268
Don't bother with Slow West, it's boring and the lead kid is atrocious.
>>
>>63097001
>MFW just realized that as based as Mel is, the Patriot had a pretty in your face "white guy hates black people, black dude makes patriotic gesture, white guy loves black people"

He's better in Gotham anyway.
>>
>>63097013
>Slow West
>'a cowboys and a kid riding around in nice looking landscapes' the movie
>>
>>63096778
I have two westerns in the works right now. Look out for them in the next few years. One of them is a "weird western" that has aliens and elements of horror, and the other has heavy religious overtones.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.