[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, /tv/! Nielsen conducting a survey on behalf of Comcast here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: comcast.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
comcast.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
Hi, /tv/!

Nielsen conducting a survey on behalf of Comcast here.

Do you currently subscribe to a cable TV service?

If not, do you plan to subscribe in the next three months?
>>
>>63092309
DUDE YOU'RE A FUCKING FLAMING FAGGOT LMAO
>>
>>63092309
Have no idea what comcast even is, I just go here to shitpost in star wars threads
>>
>>63092309
So people on 4chan are so delusional that they still think any person or company of significance even knows this place exist?

Jesus.
>>
File: media-ownership.jpg (54 KB, 602x453) Image search: [Google]
media-ownership.jpg
54 KB, 602x453
With such tremendous global reach in all forms of media communication, these corporations help to shape our world by providing coverage of our lives, analyses of our world, entertainment to pass our time and inspire our minds, and even distraction and occupation for our children.
>>
>>63092309
Lol no. Like land line telephones, its a dinosaur. Between Netflix, amazon prime and hbo direct I spend half the money of a cable subscription with double the content...and no commercials.

I stream sports events on desktop to my roku.

Cable is a fucking joke.
>>
>>63092453
Despite the cheekiness of the op...its an interesting topic of discussion.
>>
>>63092803
What? That cable is dying?

It's not even at a level of significance to discuss.

http://www.ibtimes.com/forget-cable-cord-cutting-83-percent-american-households-still-pay-tv-2081570

Only jumped a few percent since 2010.

Of course either cable will die or adapt as new generations who understand that the internet provides everything cable does but better get older.

But even then these companies aren't even close to panic mode like Reddit and hipsters want you to believe, even at 50% they'll be making millions in profit.
>>
>>63092990
The people that pay for cable are dying off. If you discount all the sports bars and hospitals that use it I would speculate that the decline from 2005 to present has been notable.
>>
>>63093154

Not that guy, but why discount those places?
An establishment isn't going to use Netflix or Hulu as it would be considered "unprofessional" to normies, and they aren't going to pirate/stream for fear of legal action.

So they'll either still keep cable as its old and reliable or use one of the companies stream alternatives.

Like the other guy said, I don't think anyone understands that cable isn't going anywhere anytime soon.
>>
>>63093364
I only discounted them because they are not homes. Most people moving out of their parents house these days either don't want it or don't want the added expense.

Nobody wants to sit through a 30 minute sitcom anymore that is 17 minutes of commercials. The information age has changed the dynamic, as has the internet. Even if you're not tech savvy, there's a YouTube video that will explain in great detail how to dl or stream shit directly to your TV.

Combine that with video game consoles, where you can play a game for 2 hours and then watch Netflix for another 2 within the same UI with minimal ads...its the beginning of the death of cable.
>>
>>63092990
>Of course either cable will die or adapt as new generations who understand that the internet provides everything cable does but better get older.

The third option is comcast manages to spend enough federal grant money on lobbying congress to make the current form of the internet illegal, giving broadcast entities full control over information again.
>>
>>63093788
Unlikely since it would be held up to freedom of information standards in other countries.
>>
>>63093788
98% chance of this not actually happening.
I'm going to hope you are smart enough to figure out why.
>>
>>63093865
>countries telling corporate entites in other countries how they manage their proprietary equipment.

Yea, that'll matter.
>>
>>63093788
Please, if you don't understand the topic you're speaking on, just don't fucking post it.

My fucking god.
>>
>>63094008
It would be held up by the people. Do you not live in a democracy?
>>
>>63092309
get gassed kike
>>
>>63094090
No. I live in a representative republic. As do most who think they live in a democratic country.

The US government would basically have to nationalize several multi-billion dollar corporations to undo something that overturned network neutrality.
>>
>>63093944
Because ISPs are paying people to go post anywhere they can acting like network neutrality isn't under attack?
>>
>>63094150
Oh so like dissolving AT&T? It has recent precedent. The people demanded it, and it happened.
>>
>>63094219
>AT&T
>dissolved
omg i have a phone from an alternate universe
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.