[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did he go crazy for a minute or was he completely in the right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (2 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1680x1050
Did he go crazy for a minute or was he completely in the right?
>>
>he randomly pulls a gun on them

what the fuck do you think
>>
>>63091807
Granted he was really trying to make a point to the ignorant and hard headed
>>
>>63091807
He didn't shoot.
>>
>>63091786

I hated this scene. Andrew Lincoln is literally delivering the speech of a lifetime, and instead of focusing on his performance, it keeps cutting away to random shots of Sasha sniping zombies throughout his monologue. I imagine the writers and producers were sat around one guy was like "wait, if we don't have a shot of someone killing zombies every 4 minutes then people will get bored and stop watching". Then all the other writers patted him on the back and the producers fired Frank Darabont and made him the showrunner. Fucking NO. The writers are so scared to create an actual dramatic show, they rely on the gimmick of "omg zombies, so serious and dark" to generate the illusion of drama. This was a pivotal scene not just for Rick's character, but the entire show and it's executed so goddamn badly. Look at that old black lady standing in the background. LOOK AT HOW SHE'S JUST FUCKING STANDING THERE. She literally looks like she's waiting for her fucking bus to arrive. Seriously, Rick just pulled out a fucking gun on these people and she looks so goddamn disinterested in the whole situation. Who the fuck even is she? Literally never saw her prior to or after this scene. This should've been Rick's moment, and the camera should only have cut away to important people who were actually in the fucking scene, so we can see their reactions. IDGAF if Sasha is shooting zombies 300 yards away, why do we need to see that right now?? Why is that woman waiting for her fucking bus to arrive so she can pick up her kid from school??? Great moment in the show, but was very poorly executed. And don't even get me started on Michonne's sucker punch, oh my fucking god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GErVgGgYKh4
>>
>>63093562
I'm glad you put effort into your post Anon. I think they were trying to point out some sort of comparison between the 2. Sasha really went crazy for no reason. and yea you can tell that the people they had as background people were just constantly changing. I was a little put off by this scene just a little bit. You can tell that it was one of those moments where he was on the brink of going insane trying to help people. Michonne did the right thing. No one was sure how far he would of gone
>>
>>63091786

Comes down to what you thought of Shane's philosophy since he was aping him completely there

Most of viewers saw him as a hothead so Rick came across as insane and desperate. Great scene though. His delivery of "Me, me? You mean me?" was solid
>>
>>63093890
I need to rewatch the earlier seasons of this show because I forgot most of it.

People compared him heavily to shane in this scene
>>
>>63093562

>And don't even get me started on Michonne's sucker punch

Take my bait, why didn't you approve? She didn't looked satisfied with herself after she knocked him out, just glared at everyone like she dared them to laugh or applaud. Still showed solidarity to him after he recovered
>>
>>63093814
> I think they were trying to point out some sort of comparison between the 2. Sasha really went crazy for no reason.

Sasha went crazy because her brother died, but this was Rick's moment. There was no real tension in this scene, you could tell it would lead to nothing because it was just so badly directed. Imagine this scene reshot with only closeups of Rick's face and the leader woman (with occasional shots of Carl, Carol, Enid etc. i.e. characters who actually matter and we know). It would have been so much more tense to see everyone's reactions.

For comparison, watch this short scene from Game of Thrones. There is just so much tension within it and you can tell that it's really a turning point for many of the characters in the show, and not just because of the writing, but because of the way it's shot.

includes Major Spoilers for Season 4 btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvX4k_3Cmvs
>>
>>63094017
I loved this scene. It was so perfect
>>
>>63093963
Because it embodies everything that's wrong with TWD. It shows how scared the writers are to go all out and have Rick do actually bad things. And I mean genuinely bad. Killing Shane in self defense wasn't bad. Killing the Governor when he attacked them with a tank wasn't bad. Executing the cannibals that tried to eat them wasn't bad. Killing the hillbilly rednecks that tried to rape Carl right in front of him wasn't bad. The writers keep trying to show how far Rick has gone and how he's an antihero, but he's not, not at all. He never hurts innocent people. Killing Pete right there in front of all of Alexandria just so he could maybe fuck his wife would have been a truly terrible thing to do, and it would've actually meant that Rick had gone off the deep end. I'm not familiar with the source material, so for a second I actually thought that Rick was truly going to become an antihero at this point, but nope. Michonne appears literally straight out of nowhere and sucker punches Rick. It was cheap on two fronts: it stopped Rick from killing Pete and actually committing a genuinely awful thing, and it was just a cheap way to end the episode on a "OH SHIT, DID YOU GUYS JUST SEE THAT? CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK #THEWALKINDEAD #AMC" ending.
>>
Both. He was right but the way he said it was a bit much.
>>
>>63093562
it's to emphasize that they're the only ones keeping the zombies from getting in you dumb fuck
>>
>>63094707
But we already know that. RICK IS LITERALLY TELLING US THAT IN THE VERY SCENE. Are you seriously so retarded that you need more than one sign at the same time? Maybe there should also be text that appears on screen every 10 minutes saying "RICK AND CREW ARE KEEPING ALEXANDRIA SAFE FROM THE ZOMBIES" in case some of you faggots forget it. The show is written for dumb people. Any half sensible watcher knows that Rick and co. are keeping the zombies out and the Alexandrians are incompetent, since we've been shown it like 10 times already
>>
>>63094852
It's a VISUAL medium you retard. The shooting underlines Rick's words. Without it, he's just savage holding people at gunpoint in an otherwise safe street. It's the show telling through ACTION that he is the sane one in that scene, despite, ironically, how it looks like to the others on that street.

THE VERY REASON WHY EVERYONE IS SO FUCKING CHILL ON THAT STREET, INCLUDING YOUR BUS LADY, IS BECAUSE THEY'RE SO SHELTERED THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY SHOULD BE SCARED. THEY DON'T EVEN REALIZE DEATH IS CLAWING AT THEIR DOORS.

fuck this braindead board
>>
>>63093562
>I imagine the writers and producers were sat around one guy was like "wait, if we don't have a shot of someone killing zombies every 4 minutes then people will get bored and stop watching".
Yet, that's false.

There are a few episodes without or have shown barely any zombies, notably the "character study" episodes, i.e., Morgan's standalone episode.

>speech of a lifetime
"Me, me, you mean me?!" Sure was a speech of a lifetime, anon. Sent shivers down me spine.
>>
>>63094972

Alright.. sorry
>>
>>63093562
Shut up you long winded kuck. Go back to reddit if you want to write long paragraphs and have "discussions" like a ponce ninny. 4chan is for memes, and it's for conservatives. Reddit is for discussing feelings or having "discussions" like a true kuck who wants to empathize with his bull.
>>
i think we can all agree this scene was incredible, ricks a good actor. doesn't get enough credit for it
>>
>>63095316
It's painfully obvious you're under 25
>>
>>63093890
>His delivery of "Me, me? You mean me?" was solid
Sure was. And it is amazing how Andrew can act, in the beginning his acting was decent, however, overtime he proved himself. Yet sometimes the writing can downplay his range and versatility.

On a side note: Andrew said in an interview to get into the role of Rick when it come to those type of scenes he listen to Johnny Cash's version of Hurt and would like for that song to be played if they kill Rick.
>>
>>63095316

I think you're trying to be satirical but it just comes across as embarrassing. Wait till you sober up

Loser :P
>>
>>63095356
Go prep your bull
>>
File: theon laugh.png (95 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
theon laugh.png
95 KB, 500x307
>>63094972
>>63095287

SAMEFAGGING THIS BADLY
>>
Sasha and Abraham are such bad characters holy shit.
>>
>>63095415

>Abraham
>Not Fagbriel

Abraham is way cool american
>>
>>63093562
>the way that scene ended
wow just when i thought about watching it
>>
>>63095487
that was literally the ending of the episode. utterly disgusting
>>
Both. Everything he's saying is right but he also looked pretty crazy yelling at everyone pointing a gun and covered in blood. He needed to calm down.
>>
Rick is crazy af now. Can't blame him after all the shit he's been through. He's the type of crazy that may be technically right about how to do things but could still snap and go overboard at any moment.

When Rick becomes leader of Alexandria he'll eventually become like the Governor just watch.
>>
>>63094585
in the comics rick confronts pete and the two get pretty fucked. the fight ends the same way here and michonne knocks him out.
later when they recover, douglas (the leader) decides to separte pete from his family, rick gets his job back with a warning ,if he does something like pulling a gun like that again douglas will killhim and the rest of the group.
days pass and pete gets fucking psicothic to the point of grabbing a knife and going to kill rick.
douglas regina spencer tobyas michonne rick glenn and some other are buring some dead guy and pete comes out to kill rick; regina gets on the way telling to put the knife down and pete slashes her trhoat (regina is douglas wife) spencer takes out pete yelling him if he knows what has he done and douglas asks rock to kill him. rick does it with a clear distaste for it

that it.... it almost souns like a well writen plot ain it?; but doing this would imply not treating the viewers of the tv show like utter mongoloids (just like they alwyas do)
>>
>>63096359
>that it.... it almost souns like a well writen plot ain it?
honestly, no. not really
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.