[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched,what a shit movie,can Von Trier ever make a good movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: 345235344532656346465.jpg (51 KB, 553x830) Image search: [Google]
345235344532656346465.jpg
51 KB, 553x830
Just watched,what a shit movie,can Von Trier ever make a good movie?
>>
>>63089196

Not for plebs.
>>
>>63089196
Why was it shit?
>>
Kirsten Dunst has a nice pair of boobs tho.
>>
why does depressed people think they can do whatever they want and the world has to deal with it because "I AM SAD", i fucking hate it
>>
File: zoom_aff_lesidiots.jpg (61 KB, 366x520) Image search: [Google]
zoom_aff_lesidiots.jpg
61 KB, 366x520
>>63089196
I completely agree. Shitty acting and absolutely bogus shit writing, awful cinematography and tasteless gaudy not even impressive or artful special effects.

It's complete shit. It's as if he decided to become the exact opposite of what the Dogme 95 movement he was a part of stood for. Those Dogme films were the best thing he's done. I haven't seen nymphomaniac but after watching the first two parts of his 'depression trilogy' I have no desire to because those films were so fucking bad it makes me angry that he was allowed to waste so much money on this tripe.

Especially Meloncholia. That awful fucking camera work. Even when the actors occasionally did reach inspired moments he fucking ruins it with "muh intimate unsteady camera." I could do a better job shooting holding the camera in my fucking bare hands for godsake. Overall these just make me wonder what was really responsible for pic related being so good. It's gotta be a George Lucas type situation where he got successful and now working without limits he is garbage. Maybe he's just a sellout. I'm sure these shitty films are making him more than his good low budget ones did.
>>
>>63090611
Dancer in the Dark and Dogville are both 9/10 movies
>>
>>63090611
it is so shitty i forced myself to finish it,if anyone want to see it just watch the first 7 minutes
>>
>>63090743
haven't seen them. I guess because his early work is so good and Bjork is hot I can give that one a shot, but god after watching Antichrist and Meloncholia I was ready to never see any of his films again.
>>
>>63089471
one of the major causes of depression is people realizing they're not as important as they originally thought. so they counter-act this by doing exactly what you said. because they're the protagonists of life.
>>
>>63090772
I remember the one part when spider man girl is talking to her boss at the party telling him off. I remember she gives the most awfully written cliche monologue I have ever fucking seen. It's basically like the cinema equivalent of shitty vaporwave, 'lamo its so ironically bad it's saying something profound about the mediocrity of our human experience, dude' Such bullshit.
>>
>>63090812
It's probably one of the best musicals ever made alongside Moulin Rouge! and Les Mis.
>>
>>63089196
Well, it's not as bad as The Antichrist.
>>
File: iwtv_claudia.jpg (25 KB, 342x372) Image search: [Google]
iwtv_claudia.jpg
25 KB, 342x372
>>63089196
>not loli dunst

Why watch?
>>
>>63090973
yeah that shit was really bad. It's like a rip off of the shining made by a dumbass art school freshman with a trust fund to buy extra turd polish.
>>
These films just make me think he's a mediocre Peter Greenaway wannabe.
>>
>>63090611
Except Dogma von Trier is worst von Trier. While Vinterberg managed to follow the Dogma rules and still be able to make a cohesive and interesting film, von Trier's The Idiots is just a meaningless yuxtaposition of scenes with no other purpose than to show he could make a film following the rules.
Dogville is his best.
>>
File: 1382814495084.gif (2 MB, 402x335) Image search: [Google]
1382814495084.gif
2 MB, 402x335
this is the last movie /tv/ got me to watch before i realized everyone here is a fucking moron
>>
>>63091327
same,the only redeeming quality on this movie is based Wagner
>>
>>63091327
But it's critically acclaimed, so it's not just /tv/ that would be retarded
>>
I want to fuck Kirsten Dunst's cunst
>>
>>63090743
This, Von Trier peaked with Breaking the Waves, Dancer in the Dark, and Dogville, legitimately great cinema. The rest of his stuff is enjoyable depending on how much you can tolerate his self-indulgence, self-pity, and edginess.
>>
>>63091307
>on Trier's The Idiots is just a meaningless yuxtaposition of scenes
I disagree so much. I didn't even realize who the director was when I saw it and I think it is probably the top 5 films I have ever seen.
>>
File: Dunst.jpg (187 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
Dunst.jpg
187 KB, 1500x844
Dunst in her prime tbqh
>>
>>63090812
I like ALL of his movies. He hated the final cut of Melancholia, but I think it was a really great one... Love how all the party guests represent different "get over it" types of people you encounter when.m depressed.
>>
>>63089196
I only liked the very last scene
It was so fucking aesthetic
>>
>>63089212
>Likes Von Trier
>Calls those who disagree plebs

kek
>>
>>63092523
The entire movie is pure AESTIC
sadly that's all there is too it. Not much substance.
>>
>>63092523
>tfw you'll never die along with everyone else on the planet on an A E S T H E T I C as fuck crash between 2 planets
>>
>>63089196
Melancholia is middle tier von Trier, and it's still far beyond plebs' grasp.
>>
>>63089196

it's a good movie. Trier has a pretty fascinating filmography. There's a fair amount of mediocre stuff but the range of styles and subjects that he's taken on over the course of his career is pretty damned interesting to observe. I went through every movie he's made (except one that I can't get my hands on) about 6 months ago and it was quite a journey. I think Nymphomaniac is the best of his recent stuff but Melancholia is pretty good and extremely beautiful
>>
>>63093003
Nymphomaniac was 2edgy4me I think, didn't like it
>>
>>63093003
Dogville is my favorite LVT movie. Pity they had to go from Based Nicole to Bullshit Dallas Howard for the role of Grace in the sequel.
>>
it really annoyed me how they edited the music in the climactic scene. it kept skipping around and ruined the internal logic of it and i guess if you don't know music then it wouldn't matter, but it was very offputting to me, just jarring out of one thing to another rather than logically building to an ever more ecstatic climax. seeing as how he used the prelude in full for the opening scene, i don't see why the fuck he didn't just use the liebstod in full for the final one
>>
....... I don't get it...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ueAYUp4rHZI
>>
File: shutthefuckupjim.png (689 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
shutthefuckupjim.png
689 KB, 853x480
>>63094983
>if you don't know music
>>
>>63089196
I haven't even watched it, and I can say it's worth it for Kirsten Dunst's tits alone.
>>
>>63089196
>>63089285
>>63091227
>>63091510
>>63091626
>>63092523
How shitty would it be for that busted face to be the last thing you'd ever see? Not bait.
>>
>>63095095
i am sorry if that triggered you and you don't understand what i'm talking about
>>
it's better on the second viewing. a bretty good film, but of course not as good as his 1991-2003 masterpieces. I can see how the first part could bore some less sophisticated viewers
>>
>>63094776

Yeah I'd say Manderlay is one of his very worst movies.

I too would choose Dogville as my favourite with Breaking the Waves and Element of a Crime the next two.
>>
>>63096287

* The Element of Crime
>>
There is no one, I repeat, NO ONE alive who understands film as much as Lars does. There were Bergman and Tarkovsky. Now, only Trier. You just afraid of something your mind is not capable to understand, its ok. Go watch marvel
>>
it has great tits and some neat visuals
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.