[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people hate "fun" movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Edge_of_Tomorrow_Poster.jpg (62 KB, 270x400) Image search: [Google]
Edge_of_Tomorrow_Poster.jpg
62 KB, 270x400
Seriously, can someone explain to me why movies like pic related aren't more common/fail at the box office? It's basically the film equivalent of a Katy Perry song. I could name tons more examples that fit the following description:

>mid budget action flick with A-list stars
>not too brainy or emotional for the average normie
>focuses mostly on being fun to watch, unlike transformers and capeshit, which are written and directed as three hour epic action dramas
>good reviews and overall just wasn't shit

I feel like I caught movies like this all the time back in the early 2000s, when Spiderman and Pirates of the Caribbean were making waves. But now it's very rare, and ironically even the Pirates/Marvel franchises seem to be going in a direction that I just can't explain.

Why do people hate fun movies now?
>>
>>63088608

Because you can watch any old fun movie on your computer now. Going to theaters needs to be a big "movie event" to justify the price of the tickets, so people only do it for movies that promise 165 minutes of BIGGER AND BETTER.
>>
>>63088608
>Why do people hate fun movies now?
they don't, the just torrent them instead of paying to see them, that's why the fail at the box office
>>
File: 1397939850114.jpg (6 KB, 249x208) Image search: [Google]
1397939850114.jpg
6 KB, 249x208
>>63088712
>>63088730
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-27-23-06-41.png (189 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-27-23-06-41.png
189 KB, 540x960
>>63088801

It's unanimous anon.
>>
>>63088868
i wasn't thinking samefag, just that it's not true.
>>
>>63089162
What do you think then
>>
>>63088608
mortdecai , j depp etc 2015,, funny as - good movie -bad reveiw
dunno why --maybe just over their heads
to quote frank zappa "what eva happen'd to all the fun in the world" -
>>
>>63088608

Edge of Tomorrow "failed" because it had a forgettable name and was horrible marketed.

I remember asking people if they seen the new Tom Cruise movie and literally everyone never heard of Edge of Tomorrow.

If you asked me they should have stuck with All you need is kill and up the ultra violence. It would have been entertaining to see Tom Cruise gory death scenes.
>>
>>63089521

>they should have stuck with All you need is kill and up the ultra violence. It would have been entertaining to see Tom Cruise gory death scenes.
Would've distracted from the fun pace that movie had if they spent twice as long making every death gory.
>>
File: Ella Enchanted.jpg (178 KB, 1420x799) Image search: [Google]
Ella Enchanted.jpg
178 KB, 1420x799
>>63088608
But I like fun movies. Ella Enchanted is still a classic to me :3
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.