[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more overrated comedian? The only times I even giggle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: Chris_Farley.jpg (25 KB, 220x262) Image search: [Google]
Chris_Farley.jpg
25 KB, 220x262
Is there a more overrated comedian?

The only times I even giggle at him is because he was so incredibly cringey, like uncomfortably laughing at a video of Chris chan
>>
>>63087770
Bill Hicks. Carlin.
>>
Fuck off, kid.
>>
>>63087770
>I'M SUCH A BUMBLING EVERYMAN!!! WOOOW!!!! I'M SHOUTING SO IT'S FUNNY!!!
>>
George carlin?
>>
>>63087770

Stephen Fry
>>
Nice suit. Who killed the couch ?
That is one of the greatest lines ever.
>>
Chris Farley is only loved because he died while he was still famous if he would have lived longer he would become another David Sade or Adam sander
>>
His awkward celebrity interviews were the best.
>>
>>63087816
Chris?
>>
>>63087790
No, you fuck off

>HUURRRRHRHRHRRHGHHRRRR IM SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS AND FLOPPING AROUND LIKE AN IDIOT! IM SO FUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
>IM OBESE AND EXTREMELY SOCIALLY INEPT!!!!! LOOKS LIKE I RUINED ANOTHER PARTY!!!! HARHARHARHARHAR
>[fart jokes]
>[stuttering while talking to women intensifies]

I'll take my millions of dollars and critical acclaim for revolutionizing comedy now
>>
ITT: Millennial faggots who don't understand comedy
>>
>>63088156
This. You fuckers are literally the worst.
>>
Well for what its worth at the time he was in SNL things were pretty tame and he literally was the only fat guy who would flap around and scream at people.

Sure its shitty and cringey to look at it now but back then when all you had was a TV, shit was pretty cash
>>
Russell Brand, who can anybody find him funny? He's just a complete and utter cunt.
>>
>>63088119
wait, impress us more first
>>
>>63088218
He's a comedian?
>>
>>63087770
DECAFINATED
COFFEE
CRYSTALS
>>
>>63088301
haha, what?
>>
>>63088274
He used to be at least, he did a bit of stand up at some point, don't know if he still does. He seems to be a professional loudmouthed prick at the moment.
>>
>>63088156
>ITT: Nostalgia faggots who don't understand different forms of comedy may or may not appeal to different people

ftfy
>>
>>63088371
t. faggot millenial
>>
>>63087770
Also, stop shilling CC, we all know his shitty documentary is being released.
>>
>>63088329
YOU LIED TO ME
>>
>>63087770
I don't think Chris Farley was ever rated at all. He and David Spade were a two for one. That said, he was funnier than that fat mexican who got high and laughed in 00+ SNL. Imagine Chris suddenly getting the tonight show. That's kinda how I feel about the other guy. I'd like to think if that crazy bitch hadn't killed Phil Hartman he would be doing late night talk shows.
>>
>>63087866
>George Carlin is overrated
When will this meme die, the guy filled venue's his whole life, he literally did better then almost all comedians to date.
>>63088301
That's the only joke he made in his whole career, so yeah. Farley is overrated.. somewhat. But all comedians suck on tv, because it's written like shit. SNL is the least funny show possible. Like every comedian sucks when they're on SNL it's the least funny shit they do in their whole carreer.

If you check out David Spade and Dana Carvey, they fucking suck in everything. But when you see them in The Larry Sanders Show, they're good. So it's just that mainstream comedy is shit, and when comedians appear there, they're shit.

It's the same with most actors/comedians, think about it when they appear in Curb Your Enthusiasm/30 Rock/Seinfeld/EastBound and Down and other great shows, they do great.
>>
>>63088960
Also check out how fun/funny people are on Conan/Inbetween two Ferns.
Other example; Ken Jeong is GOAT in Community, at any other occasion he's totally forgettable.
>>
Chris Farley is one of the few instances where he is clearly more talented than his filmography shows. His SNL stuff is GOAT, but his movies are uniformly pretty terrible, and he is often the best thing about them. Even Tommy Boy, his generally agreed upon best, isn't that great. I still love it and him in it though.
>>
>>63087770

Reminder that he hated himself and his body but couldn't lose weight because being the fat gross wacky guy made him millions
>>
>>63087924
This
>>
>>63088516
>hat fat mexican who got high and laughed in 00+ SNL

Horatio Sanz? What a horrible comedian. I only remember him from a movie in which he had a hot blonde gf who turned out to be bi. Many faps were had with that movie.
>>
>>63087790
>>63088243
>people here are fans of beverly hills ninja
gtfo and stay out
>>
I can see why Chris Farley may not be funny to a kid who grew up on alternative humor of the internet age. I love the weird alt stuff too, but Chris Farley was fucking great and the fact that just about any well respected comedian agrees has got to mean something. You may not like him, but he's still going to be loved by most fans of comedy. Matt Foley, El NiƱo, Lunchlady Land, Zagots Restaurant Guide, Schmidt's Gay, and so on. It's great stuff.
>>
>>63089292
Even Farley hated that movie.
>>
>>63089315
should've thought about that before making it then.
>>
>>63088156
>>63088173

Friendly reminder if you're born in 1980 or later, you're a millennial.
>>
>>63089128
I like Tommy Boy and Black Sheep a lot, but I agree that they don't really hold a candle to some of the other great 90s comedies like Wayne's World or, dare I say, Billy Madison. He's in a weird spot. Him and Spade were a great team. I just don't think they ever found a story that fit them like a glove. I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to find roles that allowed Chris to be really physical.
>>
>>63089402
>people like adam sandler movies
fucking all of them are trash
>wedding singers
trash
>billy madison
garbage
some fags even recommend waterboy, I'll take any *whatever* Movie (Epic etc.) over that steaming pile of shit
>>
>>63089328
all he thought about was more money for coke and whoores
>>
>>63089490
Lol ok dude feel how you feel. I'll still be having my sides get destroyed the "Do you have any more gum?" scene
>>
The only time he made me laugh was when he died
>>
Ricky Gervais
Kevin Hart
Aziz Ansari
>>
>>63087866
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iwvu-j7BuY
>>
>>63089621
>implying you were even born when he died
>>
>>63089637
and that puppet guy with the suicidal bomber doll
>>
The laughs came from laughing at him rather than with him and he knew this. That's why he was such a miserable person. He wasn't particularly smart or witty, but he was a giant fat man who wasn't afraid of a good old fashioned prat fall. Overrated? Debatable. The point of a comedian is to get laughs. He got them. The way he got them is what makes it impossible to put him into the conversation of comedians who used their brains to get laughs rather than their appearance.
>>
>>63089569
and that was the end of him.
>>
File: knicked.jpg (29 KB, 366x306) Image search: [Google]
knicked.jpg
29 KB, 366x306
>>63089862
but I'd rather live his life than yours
>>
>>63087770
It's because he's dead.
Omg whitney houston was my favorite!
Omg amy winehouse was my favorite!
Omg christ farley was the best I liked him since the start!
>>
>>63088218
Ah've been on that internet again right... An' it's always bin a bit wonky annit, always bin a bit weird yeah? But ah givvit another go 'cos like, it's technology and that innit, it's the MODERN AGE, where the marvels and wondrous digital contraptions brought forth by the electronic magicians truly boggle the contents of one's consciousness!

So ah went on there right an' this geezer went to me, ah dunno 'oo it woz coz like his name was "Anonymous," an' I'm pretty sure that wasn't 'iz real name, or if it woz, iz parents must've been on sumfing FUCKING MENTAL...

But anyway ee's come up to me on the internet right, on this site called 4chan which at first glance looks kind of like just a load of pictures an' writing an' that, sort of like a book, but the literary contents are NOT reminiscent of any TOME, VOLUME or PARCHMENT upon which yor 'umble narrator has ever set his gaze... WHERE WOZ I... THIS GEEZER, ee's gone: "'Ere," I sez "Wot," an 'e goes "For you."

I deliberated muchly on this pearl of unbridled wisdom, worthy perhaps of Descartes or else some other philosophical dabbler of his ilk, an' fort to myself "Not this again" coz it must've bin the fifteemf time somebody seddit on there in like ten minutes! Or mebbe it wuz the same geezer I dunno, EVERYONE'S FUCKIN' ANONYMOUS!

So, not one to leave such mysterious verbal fruit dangling before me, ah sed to 'im: "Oi m8, wot's yor fuckin' problem? 4 me? Wot's 4 me?" An this OSCAR WILDE of wit and charm told me to fack off back to Reddit! I said "Excuse me bravva, I don't meen no disrespect or noffin' but mebbe YOU need to fuck off back to SKOOL, because YOU seem to be in dire desperate NEED of some educational and academical enlightenment!"

I dote know if it was just him callin' me a faggot twenty times, or twenty different Anonymouses, each one calling me a faggot, or some statistical comprisation between the two right, but ah basically got called a faggot twenty times... Not very modern AFTER ALL!
>>
>>63089985
you bonkers m8?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_UUKwPWj80

You can hear the death in his voice
>>
File: lottaguts.gif (773 KB, 260x221) Image search: [Google]
lottaguts.gif
773 KB, 260x221
>implying Tommy Boy isn't funny
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.