[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a serious discussion about this movie's audience?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
Can we have a serious discussion about this movie's audience?
With the seventh one approaching my FB page is flooded by SWfags hyping the shit out of it; one even shared an article about how important the series is to the cinema (which I agree with), and it pities the "poor souls" that don't love it.

What is weird is that the only fags I hear costantly whining about how good the original trilogy is are guys from the 80s and 90s. Now seriously, what the fuck is their problem? I've met very few people older than 1980 that are THAT into SW. For example, my father has seen all of them in theater, and it's not like he's hyped about the new ones (definitely will go watch them, but that's it).
Damn, the 80s and 90s generations are fucking cancer. How can they be so obsessed about something they didn't experience on first hand?I'm 25.
>>
>“Star Wars'' effectively brought to an end the golden era of early-1970s personal filmmaking and focused the industry on big-budget special-effects blockbusters, blasting off a trend we are still living through.

star wars ruined cinema
>>
>>63087414
What's worse is the self-entitled experts who over-analyze stupid details on comment sections. A little like this board.
>>
That little faggot is going to be annoying as fuck. Kids will love him though.
>>
>>63087414
I'm not really "into" it. I enjoyed the originals as a kid, collected some toys and liked those, then grew up and out of toys. That said I will watch the new one in the theater. It's nostalgic for me and a fun space opera with good music.

There are people that don't like it and that's fine. I don't impose my likes or dislikes on others because its a waste of time.
>>
>>63087414
>>63087414

I honestly am annoyed by sheer amount of SW everything everywhere. Nobody gives a shit about SW on every day basis, but now, suddenly everyone loves Star Wars. I just want it to be released, be good, be bad, don't care. Just let it be over.
>>
>>63087487
>him
i want stormweenies to stay in their containment board >_<
>>
>>63087558
Yours is the most sane approach to the thing I've seen around, mate. What triggers me is that some people of my same age are quite obsessed by something that objectively isn't of our age. A guy just a couple of years older than me, the other day, gave me a weird look when I told him I'll watch the movie, but I'm not into SW and don't give a shit about accidentally reading spoilers.

Actually my problem isn't just SW (that's just theprime example), but the habit I've seen growing in recent years about pop culture being unironically obsessed with ANYTHING from the 80s. Like if the 70s and the 90s are non existent.

>>63087559
We'll have to deal with this shit for at least two-three more years.
>>
File: 1421618423358.png (12 KB, 952x674) Image search: [Google]
1421618423358.png
12 KB, 952x674
>>63087563
Impressive, you almost had me.
>>
>>63087559
>Annoyed by the sheev amount of SW everything everywhere
>>
>>63087676
>We'll have to deal with this shit for at least two-three more years.

I don't think so, only the first movie of trilogy will be so important. After this one, the hype will decrease
>>
>>63087766

Next time, refrain from ad hominem if you want to dicuss things.
>>
File: 1431911672928.png (212 KB, 338x353) Image search: [Google]
1431911672928.png
212 KB, 338x353
>>63087921
Not for nothing, it probably is? Don't forget anon, and I don't mean to sound rude or presumptuous, but that anon could be 15 or 16 and they've never experienced marketing before at a "real conscious" age.

This movie is no more marketed than any other film it's just that this more is definitely more hyped so you're going to get a LOT more word of mouth. Maybe than anon is also autistic and can't handle the bants.
>>
File: 1445349964664.jpg (107 KB, 475x401) Image search: [Google]
1445349964664.jpg
107 KB, 475x401
I watched the originals back during the prequel times of the early 2000's, and I can recall what the majority of the storylines were, but I still dont even consider myself a huge Star Wars "fan".

That being said, I have 3 friends who are jumping all aboard the hype train and claiming they are "lifelong fans" even though they have never even seen a Star Wars movie in their lives (one guy saw RotS, that's it...).

Im not even mad at JJ or Disney; they are Jews who know exactly which marketing practices to use to get normies in the theatre seats. Whatever, its business, I understand. I'm more pissed off at the fact that I see several of my closest bros being bandwagon faggots.
>>
https://www.change.org/p/hiroyuki-nishimura-make-sound-webm-board-wide?source_location=petitions_share_skip
>>
>>63087676
It's just history repeating, happens all the the time...in fashion, toys etc. But yes, its more pervasive now because "culture" has become do hominized you can't escape it.

I have a couple of SW t-shirts, why? People bought them for me. I would never go out and spend money on that myself...you can't escape it.
>>
>>63088066
When has a petition ever achieved anything
>>
Let people enjoy shit and fuck off.
>>
OP, have you never experienced marketing before?

Disney puts ads up, pays news channels to report on the hype to generate more hype, and idiots eat it up.

If you haven't figured out how to ignore the marketing push at that age, then what are you doing wrong?
>>
I saw RotJ when I was in the womb.
>>
>>63087414
Fans born in the 80s and 90s grew up with SW already a recently-established part of culture, so the release of the OT is heavily romanticized. The SW films that were supposed to 'belong' to these fans were the prequels, which did not meet these fans' expectations. So in addition to all the kids this film is intended for, there is a fuckton of manchildren who see this as a mulligan of their own miserable childhood/adolescence.
>>
>>63088039
Same here. People say you shouldn't be judging of what constitutes a star wars fan but I honestly think people use the term fan too loosely now. Half the people that claim to be are not. They haven't given a damn about SW for ten years and couldn't give a shit about the clone wars or the games and comics that were released since then. They just see the trailer and think ooh it's cool to like star wars now. A fan in my perception is someone who doesn't need the movies to keep them interested, a person who is actually fanatical about it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.