[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>lost her will to live So did Anakin kill her or or did she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3
File: Padme.jpg (33 KB, 400x582) Image search: [Google]
Padme.jpg
33 KB, 400x582
>lost her will to live
So did Anakin kill her or or did she kill herself?
>>
lazy writing killed her
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (7 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
7 KB, 250x188
>>63084048
It was Sheev, he was the author Oliver Payne
>>
>>63084048
She died of a broken heart. A heart that Anakin broke. So yes, Anakin killed her.
>>
I like how Lucas killed her as soon as she was done being useful.
>>
>>63084048
There only that much shitty acting you can take before dying
>>
>>63084048
they were linked by the schwarts
>>
She faked her death, joined the dark side for a bit and became Mara Jade.
>>
>>63084065
This. Also, Lucas didn't take into account in the sequels how Padme was never even mentioned by any character in the original trilogy. Pretty sure Obi-Wan would have told Luke about his mother when they met.
>>
>>63084065
after a de-specialyzed review of the OT something came to my mind.

So, if Obiwan wanted to protect Leia and Luke, why did he send Luke to a house, a family and a name (skywalker) that Annakin knows? Was he bait for Vader? Why didn't they hide both kids in Alderaan?
>>
>>63084749
>Padme was never even mentioned by any character in the original trilogy
she was. Leia remembers her mother. Wich makes no fucking sense at all
>>
>>63085058
He must have known about Anakin's hatred of sand. Vader would never set foot there.

>Hiding both kids on Alderaan

Yeah... that would have turned out really well, come ANH time.
>>
>>63085058

Considering Vader didn't even know there was a twin sister till RotJ, having them raised separately was either a very stupid move or a very ruthless move.
>>
>>63085142
yes, that's my point, they neede Luke in Sandplace and Leia in Alderaan, and the best idea they came with was "hey, let's make Obiwan split the kids for their own safety. Leia will live as a princess in a castle in Alderaan and Luke in a fucking hole in the middle of a desert. With Vader's step brother. And his real surname. It's ok, I'll spent the rest of my life taking care of him from my house a hundred fucking miles away.
>>
>>63085314

I don't think Vader gives a shit about his loser half brother.
>>
>>63085309
But Vader never gave a fuck about his son. He didn't swear to find him or naything. If he would have, using Luke as bait and hiding the other kid's existance would be very smart.

But Annakin actually believes his son died with Padme. So makes absolutely no fucking sense.
>>
WHO WERE THE HEROS ON BOTH SIDES?
>>
>>63085352
"yeah, my loser half brother is raising a kid the same age may nonborn kid would be, he calls him uncle and has my surname. But who cares?"
>>
Wouldn't writing a prequel make it easier to avoid these sort of plot contradictions? Basically you have what happens in the future already set. You just need to make your story line up in the same direction.
>>
>>63085400
Not if you have to sell spaceballs the movie bed sheets and toilet paper
>>
>>63084048
Well people can die normally by broken heart. It happens mainly to seniors.

It is still bullshit
>>
>>63085377
that's Lucas' best in trying to depict the war as a civil war, not just the bad guys doing bad things.

He fucking sucks. OT has a mix of bravery, simplicity and good luck. You can't find any of these in the prequels
>>
>>63084048
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takotsubo_cardiomyopathy

Dying of a broken heart is real you stupid fuckers.
>>
>>63085400
You can easily do that, but it probably would be a boring piece of shit.
>>
Palpatene did it.
>>
>>63085399

Certainly not Vader, which is why he wouldn't bother going out of his way to learn anything about his brother.

What, you think one day Darth Vader the Dark Lord of the Sith and Right Hand of the Emperor was just sitting at his desk one day and thought 'I wonder what Owen's up to these days?' and decided it was important to
find out?
>>
>>63084106
Fagget
>>
>>63085460
he conceived Annakin through the force, so why not?

How hard would have been make Padme live in Alderaan and raise Leia for a few years before die?
>>
Vaders Character got ruined with Anakins bullshit but the scene where they argued could have redeemed a lot

Anakin had his sith power meter filled up and was on ultra mode. I think it would have been more dramatic if his force attack against her would have been stronger than he wanted actually damaging her.

With his blood on her hands it would explain why he might have done so much evil. In a way its canon of course because the emperor pretty much told him that hes responsible but him actually doing it would have been more interesting
>>
>>63085469
>What, you think one day Darth Vader the Dark Lord of the Sith and Right Hand of the Emperor was just sitting at his desk one day and thought 'I wonder what Owen's up to these days?' and decided it was important to
>find out?
yes. Like every other person would.

But if you're too autistic to understand that, think that the Emperor cares about Vader's son. He could have know about the kid years before Strikes Back. That same parol that kills uncle Ben could have killed baby Luke.

Obiwan sucks protecting people
>>
He wasn't even related to Owen. He's just the son of some dude who bought a slavefu that happened to be his mom. Besides finding his mom whose torture was haunting his dreams, he didn't give a shit for tattooine or anyone on it. Look how easily he turned on padme and obiwan, why would he care about that one random guy on his home planet?
>>
>>63085707
then, why hiding Leia?
>>
>>63085707
You have to look at it from the characters' point of view. Having a kid living in that house with that surname is retarded if you are trying to protect him from the scariest muddafacka in the galaxy
>>
>>63085707
Why the fuck did no one return to tatooine and free her?

As a kid when i first saw ep1 i always assumed that either the jedi or padme would help his mother as thanks for him spinning.

Then ep2 came and i was like you faggots left her do die after all he did for you? Padme the bitch could have set her u
>>
>>63085831
*up on naboo
>>
>>63085816
Look, it's not like there's a census on Tatooine. It's a Hutt controlled shithole. I bet Owen doesn't even pay taxes, cause there's no one to pay them to.
Luke doesn't have a driver's license that Vader can run through the system. And random stromtroopers if they came to the farm sure as fuck don't know who Anakin Skywalker was or that he became Vader or that everybody with the last name Skywalker is related to him.
the only way for Vader to find Luke was if he came to the farm personally, which he wouldn't cause it has bad memories of his dead mother and sand.
>>
>>63084749

The "other parent" (not always the mother, mind you) sometimes gets forgotten when writers are introducing an orphaned hero to their past. Think about Gotham - everything so far has focused on Thomas Wayne, and Martha has barely gotten a mention since her untimely end. But Martha was a Kane, a family nearly as influential in Gotham City as the Waynes, so you've got to figure there's story to her as well. It's like that.
>>
File: slaves.jpg (413 KB, 1080x553) Image search: [Google]
slaves.jpg
413 KB, 1080x553
>>63085831
>Why the fuck did no one return to tatooine and free her?
>>
>>63085958
>he wouldn't cause it has bad memories of his dead mother and sand.
again, think about from Obiwan perspective, not yours. If you KNOW Vader doesn't care, dont split the kids. If you are afraid he could look for his son at some point (and find him really easy vause he has the same surname) don't hide him in that house.
>>
>>63085816

>You have to look at it from the characters' point of view

That is exactly what you're not doing.

Neither Vader nor the Emperor know anything about Owen or his adopted son.

They don't want to know. They don't care.
>>
>>63084048
sheev killed herself OP ;_;
>>
>>63084048
Sheev killed her through the force

>>63085058
Incase something happens on Alderaan and they both die. Vader thought they died when Padme did (and he didn't know it was twins)
>>
>>63086015
Neither Vader nor the Emperor made that decision
>>
>>63086040
>Incase something happens on Alderaan a
Sure, maybe a fucking huge explossion that fucks the entire planet. Happens everyday
>>
>>63085314
Well things were screwed up right from the time of Empire because of the story changes.

If you watch the original it's heavily implied that Obi Wan and Luke's dad were residents of Tatooine who left to fight in the Clone Wars. Vader was some other guy who was Obi Wan's apprentice. Then Return of the Jedi fucked things up even more by making Luke and Leia siblings so their totally different origins had to be explained.

In other words it's not just a problem with the prequels, the whole series is messy.
>>
>>63085816
Skywalker is like Smith or Jones or Muhammed in the STar Wars Universe.
>>
>>63086425
>heavily implied that Obi Wan and Luke's dad were residents of Tatooine who left to fight in the Clone Wars. Vader was some other guy who was Obi Wan's apprentic
Dude, thats what obiwan tells to luke. Hes just lying
>>
>>63086450
Thats why we never hear it again
>>
>>63086450
True.
>>
>>63084048
>She died of a broken heart :'^(
>>
Padme, Anakin has turned to the dark side.
I have seen... a... security hologram... of him... killing younglings.
>>
>>63086533
Obviously that's the case when it was retconned in Empire Strikes Back, but at the time Vader and Anakin were written as two separate characters. I'm only saying that the retcons make the story a bit weird.
>>
Leia remembers Padme. She remembers that her mother was always very sad.
This confirms that in Star Wars, babies can remember and interpret emotions from the moment they're pushed out of the womb.

I hope wookipedia has an entry on wombs.
>>
>>63084048
>>63084048

ANAKIN BROKE HER HEART!!!!
>>
>>63085973
made me laugh thanks
>>
>>63086660
I'm willing to bet there's an EU story that explains Leia remembered Padme crying because of force sensitivity or something.
>>
>>63086636
No, no, no! George Lucas had planned the whole saga consisting of 3 I mean 6 I mean 9 I mean10 1/2 movies right from the start.
>>
Oo-bah... ooo-bah
>>
>>63086636
I said I recently rewatched the OT in it's original state. There is nothing wrong with the plot between ANH and ESB. Vader was Luke's father from the begining, in fact, the only reason to make him a great pilot was getting him out of the Death Star before blowing it up. If not, he would have die with Peter Cushing.

There is only one thing that doesn't fit, that stupid Obiwan's comentary: "Oh, that name! I haven't used it since way before you were born". But it doesn't necessary change Vader's paternity, just the way it happened.

Luke and Leia being brothers, yes, that was written after ANH. But not Vader being Luke's father. It's clearly foreshadowed
>>
Wasn't there a theory that Sheev was draining her life force?
>>
>>63084048
It's a good thing she went early to set up the baby's room or else no one would have ever set it up
>>
>>63085400

It's actually a little more difficult, since the original trilogy was written one movie at a time and each movie introduced a somewhat contradictory piece of backstory.

In Star Wars the Anakin/Vader thing is exactly as Obi-Wan described it: Anakin was Obi-Wan's friend who was murdered by Obi-Wan's pupil.

In Empire Strikes Back they retconned it so Vader was really Anakin, which made the exact relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin fuzzy, as well as raising the question of why Luke would live with relatives with his real name. Empire also introduced "the other," who was intended to be a protagonist in what was meant to be involved in episodes VII through XII.

In Return of the Jedi Lucas decided Star Wars was too stressful so he cut his plans down to a trilogy. This meant he had to introduce and resolve the "Other" subplot, and the easiest explanation was that Luke and Leia were twins. Which again raises more questions.

So by the time he wrote the prequels Lucas had to deal with a mess of shit that just didn't work.

>>63087948
>Luke and Leia being brothers, yes, that was written after ANH. But not Vader being Luke's father. It's clearly foreshadowed

100% false. Vader didn't become Luke's father until Lucas' second draft of Empire in 1978. In the first draft Anakin appears as a Force ghost alongside Obi-Wan but it was felt he was redundant and it was a much better idea to just make him Vader. It was through sheer dumb luck that the retcon worked as well as it did.
>>
Anakin was tethered to padme through the force which was put in place by the emperor. Which is why sheev told Anakin that "together we can unlock its secrets" regarding cheating death. Which is exactly what happened. Darth Vader was able to cheat death by sucking the life out of padme and anakin (his good self) to give rise to himself. After everything he had done, he would've been strong enough in the dark side to do such a thing. Padme didn't die of a broken heart, she had kids to live for. Her life was drained by anakin/Darth Vader. That's why during the scene where they are showing them going through their procedures simultaneously, you can hear both of their heart beats. The also stop beating together shortly before Vader's mask gets put on. After the mask is on, vader takes his first breath and you only hear the one heart beat. Sheev was essentially the scientist of it all, putting everything into place. Ever wonder why Vader died so easily after only a couple seconds of sheev lightning? The emperor tethered himself to Vader in the same way he did to padme. So when he killed the emperor, it drained his life. The emperor knew that it would be the only way to keep vader by his side to do his bidding. Vader knew which is why when luke told him he was going to save him, vader responded that their was nothing he could do.

Knowledge!
>>
>>63084048
Honestly I really hate niggers, but goddamn I really would love for this chick to get spitroasted by a huge 12 inch BBC for 30 minutes, eyes rolling back as the bull takes his prize. I mean you guys are with me right? It seems that bitches really love that BBC, shit I'm watching Jessica Jones right now as I type this, it's so fucking hot, call me a c
>>
>>63087948
>It's clearly foreshadowed

Then why did they use a well known black actor for Vader's voice?

Either Lucas is the Master of the Tweest, or you're full of shit.
>>
>>63088750
nigga, what?
>>
>>63084048

the medical droid euthanized her
>>
Didn't Vader strangle that imperial officer from another ship? Sheev just did the same to Padme from another planet
>>
>>63088721

When she was 16, sure. But now she's 34 and I kinda don't want to see it. If you had a webm I might open it, but wouldn't search for it.
>>
>>63085515
Yeah, he probably injured her intestines or something, I mean she fainted after 2 seconds of choking. Though that doesn't explain why the medical droid couldn't say what's wrong, maybe he meddled with her midichlorians
>>
Jar Jar was controlling her from the very beginning. She was his puppet. When she was no longer useful he killed her brain with the Force.
>>
Just thought she died in child birth desu
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.