[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gremlins 2 is better than Gremlins. Anyone disagree?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: gremlins.jpg (115 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
gremlins.jpg
115 KB, 720x404
Gremlins 2 is better than Gremlins.

Anyone disagree?
>>
I was born in 97, what is this?
>>
I love the Brain Gremlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWsvPoF8W3E
>>
>>63081296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x01l_jMhjVM

Gremlins 2 was fucking amazing. I don't know if it's "better", but it's as good in it's own insane way. Like they took everything Gremlins and just cranked it up til the lever broke
>>
>>63081296
Gremlins 2 jumped the shark, the movie didn't need a sequel it could've been a holiday classic.

Although seeing it in the theater was the shit.
>>
>>63081396
The first one takes itself sort of seriously. I think a little bit too seriously. The second one embraces it's stupidity. The Marx Brothers would have been proud. It's also pointed satire against Ted Turner, which is great.
>>
>>63081296
Gremlins 1 was spoopy af, Gremlins 2 felt like a fucking cartoon, but its still fun to watch.
>>
>>63081445
>The first one takes itself sort of seriously
until you hit that bar scene
the sequel is that scene expanded to feature length
and it's awesome
https://youtu.be/x01l_jMhjVM
>>
>be little kid
> Loved gremlins
> dad rents gremlins 2 for the family
> I'm confused out of my mind while my Dad chuckles at jokes I didn't even know where anything
Too different instyle to honestly compare 2bh
>>
>>63081505
Right. The bar scene is fantastic. I didn't like what came before it though. It's a pretty good movie, but you have to accept that everyone acts like an idiot. The second one really is like a cartoon, and I like it way more. The first movie had phoned in serious scenes. The second movie has gremlins strangling Leonard Maltin for giving the first movie a bad review.
>>
>>63081355
Fuck you even I have seen this multiple times.
>>
>>63081296
I never saw it, always heard bad things and that it was made ironically or something like that.
>>
>>63081615
it's a parody of the first movie and is basically a live action warner bros cartoon
also hulk hogan makes the gremlins put the movie back on then talks to the audience
if you can't get behind that, then no one can help you
>>
>>63081782
I'll give it a watch, friend.
>>
File: 1404264599493.png (544 KB, 806x720) Image search: [Google]
1404264599493.png
544 KB, 806x720
>yfw Pheobe Cate starts telling one of her traumatizing childhood stories
>>
>>63082268
I love how they interrupt her in G2 though. Fucking perfect.
>>
>>63081362
Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>63081593
>The second movie has gremlins strangling Leonard Maltin for giving the first movie a bad review.

I was pretty amazed he went along with that.
>>
>>63083655
He probably agreed to it so long as got some alone time with the tranny puppet.
>>
> In a deleted scene, the Gremlins release all the animals in the "Splice o' Life" lab. During the filming of this scene, the monkeys in the lab set were genuinely so terrified of the Gremlin puppets, that they refused to leave their cages when their trainers called for them.

Gremlins 2 confirmed for horror
>>
File: hype.jpg (21 KB, 380x368) Image search: [Google]
hype.jpg
21 KB, 380x368
>Gizmo becomes rambo
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.