[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why was jar jar binks a despised character when c3po isn't?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: gs4FOTe.jpg (54 KB, 1080x540) Image search: [Google]
gs4FOTe.jpg
54 KB, 1080x540
why was jar jar binks a despised character when c3po isn't?
>>
Cause jar Jar is retarded. C3PO is gay.
>>
>>63080804
I just saw phantom menace again. I had no problem with Jar Jar. I dont understand the hate boner for him
>>
>>63080804
no one likes C3PO senpai
>>
>>63080841
people are unable to hang onto and group up on complex thoughts

People generally didn't like episode 1 but alot of them were unable to articulate what was wrong, Jar Jar sticks out so they all grouped up on hating Jar Jar.
>>
because racism
>>
I hated C3P0 too, but he wasn't quite as outspoken or attention-grabbing. Really hoping we see the return of Jar-Jar as a Sith Lord now, but even if that were the plan, new guy's not going to take kindly to 'unoriginal concepts' that other people made up and has likely changed the course.
>>
Bad CGI. Not to mention he was a wacky XDsorandum retardation.
>>
C3po actually had depth and personality, and was somewhat relatable. He was like a diva complaining about everything (there's too much sand, that person is rude, etc.). We've all had friends like that.

Jar Jar was like carrot top trying to make everyone laugh.
>>
Jar Jar was an ugly guy that spoke in a high pitched voice in an autistic manner (me no likey type crap with some stupid language added on). He was too kiddie where C3P0 was a funny guy but wasn't the attention seeking ADHD kid Jar Jar was.
>>
>>63080804
He spoke in annoying accent with fake bullshit slang and sperged around like a complete retard.

He was a forced comedic relief character who wasn't funny.
>>
>>63080963
>too much sand
>>
>>63080877
So true
>>
>>63080804

Funny enough C3PO was made far worse in the prequels as well.

Anyway at the time of Episode I C3PO was a comic relief character, but not an overly obtuse one, he was effeminate and annoying but it all served his character. He was an uptight british butler droid that kept getting caught up in shit. He never stepped in poop "icky icky goo" get his hand caught in things, get kicked in the groin for laughs, accidentally blow up a tank, kill a dozen battle droids by being clumsy, or a dozen other cartoony things.

Of course episode II pretty much ruined C3PO in that whole factory sequence, but Jar Jar sticks out in the star wars films like a sore thumb because he's a cartoon character in a series that people mostly took seriously.
>>
C3P0 worked within the dynamic of the group and bounced off R2 well especially. Jar Jar is just sort of there, and so seems even more jarr(jar)ing.
>>
I just watched all six movies again and I think phantom menace and empire strikes back are underestimated. They always get shit on but I think they're my favorites.
>>
>>63080841
nothing, cool nerds just don't like him
and he's the biggest reminder of star wars being a franchise for children
>>
>>63081014
>people shitting on ESB

That is literally everyone's favorite
The only person I've seen shit on it is Joss Whedon and he was trying to promote how much better Avengers 2 was going to be.
>>
>>63080804
>why was jar jar binks a despised character
Jar Jar was a rip-off of the Mush Mouth. Fat Albert fans launched a grassroots effort to smear the good name Jar Jar.
>>
>>63081014

I have the rare opinion that I think Episode I is the best of the prequels, but it is a horribly flawed movie. The difference is that the flaws in Episode I are almost all structure. The flaws in II / III are almost all character. Also Episode I benefits from being a movie made in the late 90's where they had to shoot a lot on location, make a lot of miniatures, and use CGI more sparingly because it was more expensive to make. I mean fucking watto is probably the best looking CGI thing in all of the prequels.
>>
>>63080804
C-3PO has a good design, leads to some funny Han bits and maybe this is just me but I liked that he turned out to be a good storyteller.
>>
>>63080877
Dubs confirm.

The problems were it being disjointed, and focusing too much on the politics.
>>
>>63080804

Because C3PO isn't given such a huge amount of screen time.

And more importantly, Jar Jar is why Sheev is Emperor. He ruined everything!
>>
>>63081014
everyone loves ESB, it's only the ewoks that pull it down.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 1020x596) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 1020x596
Jarjar is a kiddie toy masquerading as a character.

C-3PO is mentally present.

Jarjar is closer to being R2-D2 in that he's ultimately a toddler with a fairly intermittent language ability.
>>
>>63081014
ESB is the most popular of the OT, it's RotJ that gets shit on regulary
>>
>>63082214
>Ewoks in ESB
??
>>
>>63082214
wrong movie
>>
c3p0 isnt balls to the walls retarded when you first see him, he's just the voice of caution and reason and a link for the stories past and brings everyone up to speed when we meet luke.
>>
>>63080804

I recently started watching the second clone wars series and jar jar is so much fucking worse there than the movies.
>>
george fired so many people for talking shit about jar jar

they never had a character like him in the original series , it's going to be great
>>
>>63082322
Yeah, any episode(s) focusing on Jar Jar or Padme is going to be bad.
>>
>>63082322
I love that series but it's true. Thankfully he never shows up outside of his own episodes.
>>
>>63082344
Sauce on that webm?
>>
>>63082322
>It's a Jar Jar accidentally saves the day because he's a fuck up episode

I honestly think it works in cartoon form. You know, because it's for children. Honestly, that's a classic cartoon trope.
>>
>>63082344

What the fuck?

What is this from? Is this real? Is Lucas being serious?
>>
>>63082434
It's from a meeting with the Robot Chicken staff and it's staged.
>>
>>63082434
>>63082412
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45FQvlfU6Q
>>
>>63082344

Holy shit I really hope deep down Lucas knows what a complete hack he is, and that the original trilogy was only so successful/acclaimed because his input had to be vetted by a gauntlet of far more competent producers and executives, and that once he had more creative control everything he made was shit.

God what an autistic manchild.
>>
>>63082483
You know that that video's a joke, right?
>>
>>63082517

Now I do, it's still true though.
>>
>>63082434
>>63082483
how do people fall for this? I know everyone's bent on Lucas being a humorless, naive man, but you can see him cracking up at the end of the webm
>>
>>63082344
>george fired so many people for talking shit about jar jar

You got any source on that or are you out of legit ammo on Lucas so you have to make shit up?
>>
Jar Jar is annoying, C3PO isn't.
>>
>>63080985
He build it, so that's not surprizing
>>
Chewbacca is by far the worst star wars character
>>
>>63080804

Anti-george lucas-ism

Whatever Lucas really likes is what you're supposed to REALLY hate.

I know, it's getting old, but I'm just doing what the hivemind is telling me to do.
>>
because human cyborg relations were actually hell
>>
>>63080804
Jar Jar is the key for all of this.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.