[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why don't you like it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1448603897488[1].jpg (65 KB, 503x755) Image search: [Google]
1448603897488[1].jpg
65 KB, 503x755
Why don't you like it?
>>
Max Landis didn't write it
>>
>>63080361

Season 2 post-murderer reveal went to the extreme side of goofiness. FWWM went to the extreme Lynchian side (and also didn't have the best characters from the show.)

I liked FWWM, but I hope season 3 finds the right balance instead of just being another Lynch film.
>>
>>63080361
What's not to like?
>>
>that scene where Laura is talking to herself before knowingly going off to her death
oh jesus fuck
>>
Its extremely disjointed narratively and fails to tell a cohesive story.

In fact the movie is near incomprehensible without the knowledge of the show. Which is to be expected given it's based on the show.

Still, it additionally adds nothing of value to the show. It does not expose anything new, it just retreads ground we are already familiar with in more detail. We already know what happened to Laura, do we need to see a whole movie about it?

Also, it pisses me off that Lynch could have resolved the Season 2 cliffhanger in a movie yet decides to make this prequel shit.
>>
>>63082490
He wanted to make three movies.
>>
>>63082490
it better explains the conflict between Mike and Bob which is at the core of the narrative.
It also reveals that the man from another place and Mike (the spirit inhabiting Phillip Gerard) were one and the same.
Also Cooper, trapped in the black lodge by the end of season 2, is the one that helps Laura move on after her death.
Other than that yeah it didn't add much but it was really good.
>>
>>63082490
>Still, it additionally adds nothing of value to the show.
Bullshit. We finally saw Laura being manipulative and having power over men rather than being told about it. We saw the negative influence she had on Donna. We saw how broken the Palmer household was before the daughter's death, and also got a glimpse of their moments of affection that were so rare due to the influence of BOB.
>>
Child rape is funny. Incest makes it erotic.
>>
slow and boring. people are only attracted to it because it's zany, which was uncommon for a tv series at the time. the story gets ridiculous when they started pumping out a shit ton of episodes.
>>
FWWM is a masterpiece and the tide of opinion is slowly warming up towards it.
>>
>>63084183
You don't even know what the thread is about, you cheeky cunt.
>>
>>63080361
Here's the problem; Lynch should have focused completely on Laura without all that other present crap about Cooper. Either that or he should have made the movie a Direct follow up to the end of season 2. Coopers investigating a new series of murders in Twin Peaks and realizes that HE'S THE KILLER, possessed by Bob!!!FACT!!! https://youtu.be/DksNxgZh8rw
>>
>>63084615
>Lynch
>focusing on plot

kek
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.