[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just watched this movie and holy fuck it was spectacular. Infinitely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 91zlVmXTLOL._SL1500_.jpg (319 KB, 1052x1500) Image search: [Google]
91zlVmXTLOL._SL1500_.jpg
319 KB, 1052x1500
Just watched this movie and holy fuck it was spectacular. Infinitely better than The Winter Soldier and a masterpiece compared to recent capeshit.

Why is it so underrated? I've read some Rotten Tomatoes reviews and the "rotten" ones are either from women or brain dead liberal men dishonestly saying it is bad or "the worst superhero movie ever" just because it's patriotic. I'm note even American and I loved it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOEIruwzf54
>>
The first half is surprisingly good. The second half is pure garbage.
>>
Honestly it's my second fave MCU movie behind iron man 1. The period stuff is great and joe Johnston knows how to make a WWII era film.
>>
>>63078364
I didn't have that impression. For me the quality was consistent till the end.
>>
>>63078364
Only ture answer, everything after that montage is just not well done.

Anyone know how this happened?
>>
hands down the best Marvel movie so far
>>
The only thing I want to see in a Captain America origin story is Cap punching the shit out of some Nazi bastards.

And First Avenger didn't deliver. I don't think I saw a single swastika in the whole movie. Weak ass bullshit.
>>
>>63078322
>the "rotten" ones are either from women or brain dead liberal men dishonestly saying it is bad or "the worst superhero movie ever" just because it's patriotic.

Source?

It got mediocre reviews because it was a mediocre movie with a staggeringly bad final act, a weak underused villain and an over reliance on CGI that clashed with the period setting.
>>
>>63078322
Honestly, it's got the only bits from the MCU that are actually quality. The musical montage and the dejected overseas tour are the closest Marvel has come to embracing cinematic grammar.

Plebs hate it because it's not really a superhero flick, Joe Johnson obviously thinks superhero action is a bunch of nonsense so he basically cuts it down to a minimum and gets it over with. It's pretty obvious that he took the job mainly for the chance to film period '40s style.
>>
>>63078417
>I don't think I saw a single swastika in the whole movie
There are some, watch again. The Hydra uniforms don't have them because they betrayed Hitler and stopped following him.
>>
>>63078456
He did rocketeer too, eh uh is pretty much a high tier Capeshit film that is respected by /tv/
>>
I hate capeshit, but this shit was glorious...who would've thought the best musical number of the past decade would be in a Marvel flick?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxRKwKJI_uI
>>
>>63078417

you can't show a swastika in germany so a lot of media now adays simply dont show it so they dont have to edit it out for release over there
>>
>>63078322
Red Skull was a huge disappointment and the war 'strategies' they used in the movie were laughable.

That said it was the biggest challenge for an adaptation and it did alright considering how camp the character is.
>>
It's not Rockeetter, but it's pretty good.
>>
>>63078506
True, but there's not really that much action in that one either. Joe Johnson is a much more character oriented guy.
>>
>>63078322
First act is good, second act is shit and the third act is mediocre.

Winter Soldier is more consistent in terms of quality and has better pacing.
>>
File: sdffd.png (421 KB, 1283x618) Image search: [Google]
sdffd.png
421 KB, 1283x618
>>63078524
But there are swastikas
>>
>>63078364
first half was full of feels and heart, everything was done perfectly, i couldn't call the 2nd half garbage since there was a lot of good stuff but it really felt rushed as hell
>>
>>63078578
Merkel! He posted it again!
>>
>>63078322
I think people were put off by it's late 30s/40s feel
It's old fashioned in a lot of ways. Cap is basically infallible in his morality so maybe people don't see an arc there. However it's not exactly that kind of movie. It's like Indiana Jones in that it's reminiscent of old 1930s and 40s action serials. Well that and nazi's seeking god mcguffins.

There's a clear villain, the hero is a good guy who doesn't really learn a lesson but does achieve things, the hero gets a kiss from his girl at the end. It's focused more on the adventure. Cap's story is certainly that.
>>
>>63078364
2nd. But it was a full balance of good vs evil and ends up in a standstill. Kind of. Which is good? I guess.
>>
>>63078521
Yeah that was a pretty fun number.
>>
>>63078524
in Germany, Russia and some other countries the display of anything Nazi-related in public is prohibited unless it's for educational, artistic or scientific purposes, plus a lot of other contexts. This allows for the use of these symbols in World War II-set films (which are considered art — yes, even Indiana Jones). Children's toys are not covered by these exceptions.

Video games are also considered art, but this development occurred only very recently (they used to be lumped in with children's toys). Consequently, Nazi symbols are still not used in games released in Germany, probably due to developers worldwide being so accustomed to being unable to put them in the games, and thus voluntarily continuing the tradition of an utter lack of Nazi symbols themselves. It saves money to have only one version, avoids losing a market with over 80 million residents and if the game is online, it makes sure that the German version is compatible with that of the rest of the world.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.