[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'll swallow a lie when I have to; I've swallowed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: danielsquits.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
danielsquits.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>I'll swallow a lie when I have to; I've swallowed a few big ones lately. But the stat games? That lie? It's what ruined this department. Shining up shit and calling it gold so majors become colonels and mayors become governors. Pretending to do policework while one generation fucking trains the next how not to do the job. And then-. I looked Carcetti in the eye, I shook his hand, I asked him if he was for real. Well, this is the lie I can't live with.
>>
>>63075603
MCNULTY YOU FUCKING COCKSUCKER YOU'RE A REAL BASTARD
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
Daniels was a great character. I need to rewatch the wire soon.
>>
>>63076047
He doesnt like lies
>>
I love the way he said deputy

damn I need to rewatch this when christmas holidays come
>>
This? is BULL-SHIT.
>>
>>63075603

>“You show loyalty, they learn loyalty. You show them it’s about the work, it’ll be about the work. You show them it’s about some other kind of game, then that’s the game they’ll play.”
>>
>>63077133
Nobody can say the word "bullshit" like that actor can
>>
>>63077590

only "the wire" background voice actors can. if there was an emmy for that, 5 uncontested
>>
Why does this nigga always play police chiefs and shit.
He's a police chief in Bosch as well.
>>
So is there an issue addressed by the Wire that hasn't gotten WORSE since the show aired? The war on drugs is in a weird transitional phase right now that could end up a bit better I guess.
>>
>>63075603
This is true just about anywhere, I imagine it's especially true in government work.
>>
>>63078903
Well, police seem to be doing less arresting because they're now terrified of being caught on video.
>>
>>63078903
nah, they pretty much saw it coming.
Season 5 saw a ton of hate, but they absolutely nailed the rise of "clickbait" journalism and online competition. It was especially bold considering the media was barely being criticized for not asking harder questions in the lead up to, and eventual invasion of iraq.

It was a little hammy with the fake serial killer, but the point was made.
>>
>>63075603
Daniels was so fucking based.
The good cop who climbed to the top but still that wasn't enough.
If only Carcetti wasn't such a piece of garbage things could've worked on Baltimore for once.
>>
>>63078953

Post literally any evidence of this.
>>
File: ThisIsBullshit.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsBullshit.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>63077133
>>
>>63078806
what are you on about?
>>
>>63078981
>carcetti wasn't such a piece of garbage.

He did pretty up the man's parachute.
>>
>>63078967

Simon was FURIOUS at the Baltimore Sun from his time there and definitely had an ax to grind. I don't disagree with him at all but season 5 is the only one where there's very little nuance or time given to both sides of the issue, it's just "Fuck the newspapers. Fuck the editors that fuck with the stores. Print is dead and they deserve it."
>>
>>63078967
I never got the hate for the fake serial killer storyline. It was no crazier than Hamsterdam.

I like season 5 just as much as the rest, both times I watched the series. I also found season 3 the weakest both times, although of course it's still fantastic.
>>
File: deep lore.webm (860 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
deep lore.webm
860 KB, 512x384
>>63079036
>>
>>63079056
Uh, I didn't get that at all from S5.

Gus and Alma were good and noble news persons.
>>
Please tell me someone else remembers The Wire thread at the beginning of 2013.
>>
File: 1399346781948.jpg (54 KB, 458x428) Image search: [Google]
1399346781948.jpg
54 KB, 458x428
>>63079158
Yeah totally.
>>
>>63079149

Yea exactly. Gus was Simon's self insert. That's why he's always getting shit on by his editors and forced to bury the good stories. Just pretend Gus gets sick of all the bullshit and quits, becomes friends with McNulty (the Ed Burns insert) and they make a show about how fucked up Baltimore is.
>>
Damn, /tv/ could use more The Wire threads.
There are tons of game of Shit threads, hundreds of gabagool threads but very few Mad Men and The Wire ones
>>
>>63079249

because The Wire and Mad Men are style over substance. There is nothing to talk about.
>>
>>63079274
This is so wrong
>>
>>63079238

McNutty
>>
File: The_Wire_DeLonda.jpg (56 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire_DeLonda.jpg
56 KB, 506x316
>it's a DeLonda episode
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWY79JCfhjw
>>
>>63079074
I feel the serial killer sit doesn't work because it basically made mcnultys character development up until that point null and it was so out of what we knew of him.
>>
>>63078967
>Season 5 saw a ton of hate, but they absolutely nailed the rise of "clickbait" journalism and online competition.

What? How? By having them discuss "do we print the truth or go with the lie because it's convenient for my agenda hmmm"? That's always been a problem there's nothing uniquely clickbaity about it idk
>>
>>63079361

>WAIT TIL BEY HEAR BOUT DIS SHIT
>>
>>63079074
>>I never got the hate for the fake serial killer storyline.
too fast, too much....
>>
>>63079149
He's referring to Klebanow and Whiting who are based on Bill Marimow and John Carroll respectively. Both worked at the Baltimore Sun at the same time as Simon and he loathed them. Especially Marimow.

Of all the characters on the Wire theirs are the most shallow. They exist for Simon to shit on them.

http://www.stoopstorytelling.com/storytellers/936
>>
>>63078870
And an undercover cop in Oz.
>>
>>63078903

people dont believe or care what it says in the newspaper anymore. none of my friends even read them

weed has been legalized in a few states and decriminalized in a few places in europe

you cant instantly fix human nature and a lot of the problems people went through in the show were deep rooted and will probably never go away, and the economy hasnt exactly gotten better since the show aired so who the fuck knows
>>
>>63078967

clickbait journalism didnt exist when the wire was written. the problem was journalistic integrity and that has been dead for decades. clickbait journalism just killed it completely, which is a good thing
>>
>>63079361

I love how they played that entitled sheboon stereotype straight the fuck up.
>>
>>63079274
Please stop posting
>>
>>63079361

Like how the fuck does somebody come up with a name like DeLonda?

Niggers I swear.
>>
File: CarverKillsDaniels.gif (3 MB, 218x165) Image search: [Google]
CarverKillsDaniels.gif
3 MB, 218x165
>>63080028
>>
>>63079274

Go back to /r/stevenuniverse or whatever reddit shithole you came from.
>>
>>63080299
It's great seeing all those actors from The Wire appearing in Oz (or the other way round actually).

It's a shame though how the show degraded fast in the 4th season, it basically turned into a soap opera after a certain black character died. I'm still considering if I'll watch the 5th season.
>>
>>63080562
When that guy was killed and the white guy got parolled, that was meant to be the series finale, but then they decided to continue, so they made the parole a dream sequence and the show immediately turned to shit.

Best to just pretend that was the end. The last 2 seasons are really terrible.
>>
>>63079102
why would someone pretty up a man's parachute before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
>>63080299

I can never find this fucking gif/web when I need it !

Carver is a fairly likable character in the wire, but such a fuck head in the walking dead and oz

regardless, pretty cool for an actor to be in such big shows
>>
>>63080605
And the pill that ages people!!! Fuck, I was forgetting about that. That was some RETARDED shit they pulled right there.
>>
>>63078925
It's definitely very big in government work where the end goal generally isn't making money. Thing like policing and education are about stats that are much easier to manipulate than something like revenue.
>>
>>63080671

i liked the show, but i had to somehow get past o reilly pulling all that shit without any fucking muscle. his boipucci would have been claimed in hours.

he's either had to go insane like beecher(who was still claimed) or smear shit all over his body every day
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.