[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has practice of recasting character if the actor quits has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: ijuq3gor5lglzayeo4zj.jpg (50 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
ijuq3gor5lglzayeo4zj.jpg
50 KB, 620x400
Why has practice of recasting character if the actor quits has gone out of style recently? Now if actor leaves the show unexpectetly character gets either quickly written out or killed aborting any ongoing arcs and development. Do people actually thing it's less stupid than recasting? In my opinion character getting a new face for no explained reason is lesser evil, no matter how weird it may sound.
>>
File: Mahboy.png (251 KB, 382x330) Image search: [Google]
Mahboy.png
251 KB, 382x330
with all the talented youtube poop artists around these days, they could juset use existing footage of the old actor to create new scenes
>>
Because the average American is too stupid to realise what has happened
>>
>>63068843
One of the lesbians got recast?
>>
>>63068843
Well in that case, the first wife was only in it for about 1 episode
>>
>>63068985
Yeah, and second actress looks nothing like first, though I think her looks suit the character better
>>
>>63068843
I had no idea they switched her. Did they reshoot the scenes with the new actress or something?
>>
>Why has practice of recasting character if the actor quits has gone out of style recently?
it hasn't
>>
It's funny how often shows in 90s had same actor playing unrelated small roles on same show, sometimes those extras even got bigger roles, for example before becoming Xena Lucy Lawless played helpless girl of the week whom Hercules helped in one episode
>>
>>63069072
Recasting almost never happens anymore, dude, also I am not talking about the cases when actor's new face is explained in-universe, that doesn't count
>>
The Mountain in Got has been recast twice.

In fact, there are loads of recasts.
>>
>>63069111
That happens in Doctor Who all the time.
>>
>>63069388
Got is based on existing book series, they can't just abandon character if actor quits, it doesn't count, same how guy who played main role in Spartacus died in real life and what else they were supposed to do if not replace him?
>>
>>63069159
it happens just as often as it used to
>>
>>63069111
Stargaze SG1 and X-Files did it all the time. Most shows shot in Vancouver re-use actors
>>
>>63069806
>X-Files

I think you're confusing recasting with frequestly re-using the same actors in different roles. A practice I'm NOT a fan of, BTW.
>>
>>63069111
Actually both Xena and Gabrielle played small unrelated roles on Hercules before being cast as, well Xena and Gabrielle
>>
>>63069445
>That happens in Doctor Who all the time.

When David Tennant was working on some radio play in 2000 and heard they were making that disastrous Internet Dr. Who Flash shit thing, he begged the producers to give him a bit part doing ANYTHING because he knew they almost always cast new Doctors from previous cast members. And he was right.
>>
>>63069847
>A practice I'm NOT a fan of, BTW.
You won't enjoy Columbo or Law & Order, then.
>>
This is what could've saved season 5 of House because Kutner's suicide came literally out of nowhere and made everything else kinda unimportant.
>>
>>63069111
Vito appeared in The Sopranos in S1

Fucking hilarious
>>
>>63068843
Second Carol is hot as shit
>>
>>63068843
Use commas, holy shit.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.