[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally the only thing wrong with this concept is that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: men-in-black-4-700x304.jpg (39 KB, 700x304) Image search: [Google]
men-in-black-4-700x304.jpg
39 KB, 700x304
>Literally the only thing wrong with this concept is that all of those
sexist nerds who are still whining and moaning about the female reboot
of Ghostbusters will probably decide they’re huge Men in Black
fans just so they can moan about this, too. Sorry, guys: you’re living
in the age of Furiosa now. Your beloved geek properties will no longer
ignore the 51% of the world’s population. Move on.

http://www.slashfilm.com/men-in-black-4-will-feature-a-woman-in-black/
>>
>females want to be equally represented so instead of making their own iconic franchises they piggyback on nostalgia iconic franchises from 20 years ago

How is this equal epresentation if they can only be in famous blockbuster movies that had 2+films with a mostly male cast

At least Tyler perry makes his own movies instead of making shit like an all black back to the future
>>
>>63065832
Also why are they acting like women are even underrepresented, female centric programming has been going strong for decades with soap operas, shit like desperate housewives, greys anatomy etc...

Demographics aren't just made up shit to push men front and center, different things are made for people with different industries

I guess because our generation (in America) is running out of issues to complain about they're just making shit up to seem extra relevant
>>
>>63065733

What? The woman in pic related is a woman is she not? Emma Roberts in MIB3 is a woman is she not?
>>
File: giphy.gif (483 KB, 250x144) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
483 KB, 250x144
The issue isn't the all-female cast, it's the fact that they're digging up the corpse YET ANOTHER movie franchise that should have stayed dead instead of exploring new ideas for where film can go.

And if we criticize the SJW orthodoxy we get called misogynists.

I want to watch an original and compelling film, not get arrested by the SJW secret police on suspicion of 4 counts of aggravated shitlording and 3 counts of misuse of pronouns.
>>
>>63065733
Why would anyone pissed off at the Ghostbusters thing be pissed off at this?
From the sound of things, there will be a female protagonist. And?

The entire problem with Ghostbusters, was that it's made by the kind of morons, who think that making an ALL-female cast, promotes "diversity".
>>
More like Womyn In African American if you know what I mean.
>>
>>63065733
>you’re living in the age of Furiosa now
The age of remaking shit and genderbending characters instead of creating new IP? I don't know why Furiosa is credited with inspiring this but if that's the case then I miss the age of Ripley
>>
>>63065832
Keep in mind modern feminists don't want equality. They're just dykes who want to be men and they don't even realize they glorify the male model
>>
>>63065733
Women ARE huge Men in Black fans.

I think you're underestimating how wet Will Smith made pussies back then.
>>
>>63065733
the franchise is dumb anyways, women can run it into the ground.
>>
Replacing

Tommy Lee Jones (before he was old)
Will Smith (at peak star power level)

with anyone is asking for failure regardless of gender

(yes gender is real)
>>
>>63065733

Good, I've wanted a woman in black since there was one at the end of the first Men in Black who then randomly disappeared from the sequels because the producers didn't care about anything that wasn't Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones
>>
I don't mind female leads. I just hate when the movie is ABOUT being a female lead. Every joke, every plot point is all about how brave the writer is for putting a female in the lead. It defeats the purpose. If they were really bold they'd just put a female in the lead and never draw attention to it. But nobody in Hollywood can do that anymore. When Night of the Living Dead had a black man in the lead roll it didn't spend the entire movie sucking its own dick in congratulations. It just told the story and the main character happened to be black. It was fine. I hate people who want to be thanked when they do women a favor by giving them a lead roll. Those people are douchebags. Paul WS Anderson didn't want a self congratulatory award for putting Mila Jovovich as the MC in the huge action series of Resident Evil. He just did it.
>>
>>63066074
shhhh
They don't want people to know this.

I'm sure this movie will be cancelled when Ghostbusters flops.
>>
Can't be any worse than Will Smiths original idea of wanting J to become the K figure and Will Smiths son become the new agent
>>
>>63069085
>Ghostbusters
>flopping

Not in a million years
>>
>>63069167
"They'll see it anyway" - Michael B. Jordan
>>
>>63069177
It has Hemsworth, McCarthy and cameos from the old cast

And F4 flopped because it strained the limits of how bad a movie could be. Also there were tons of problems with the production and the director. Any movie made under the same conditions would have flopped, it had nothing to do with race or gender bending
>>
>>63069219
Reminder that everything since Bridesmaids with McCarthy in has been a flop.
>>
>>63069219
Except, no one, even feminists, want to see Ghostbusters.
It's being met with hate by every demographic, young and old.
The movie is a guaranteed flop.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.