[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Clone Wars vs Rebels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: thenandnow.jpg (7 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
thenandnow.jpg
7 KB, 300x168
So... Star Wars: The Clone Wars or Star Wars: Rebels, which is better?

Protip:
it's the Clone Wars
>>
Clone wars, but I like rebels too.

Also clone wars has a qt ahsoka
>>
>>63060144
Clone Wars cause I'm waiting for Rebels to come to Netflix in its entirety so I can watch it.

Plus you can't beat all the story lines CW had, Rebels is more like Firefly with some CW characters thrown in here or there for fan service.
>>
>>63060165

I find myself skipping through Rebels episodes
>>
>>63060165
The characters in Rebels just don't seem real. I find it hard to believe that a personality like Ezra's could actually plausibly exist. Sabine shows no real interesting qualities other than having a quirky reaction to absolutely everything, and Zeb, well we all know what Zeb has made used for.
>>
Clone Wars because the idea that such poorly shit like Rebels is actually canon drives me fucking nuts.
>>
>>63060144
I only watched the 2003 Clone Wars.

Are any of these any good?
>>
>>63060144
Clone Wars, both in writing and visual quality.
Which makes me wonder. How did CW manage to have better CGI considering it was made years earlier and didn't have Disney (and by extension Pixar) backing it?
>>
File: 1429470382575.png (237 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1429470382575.png
237 KB, 500x370
>>63060144
>liking either of these
>not mentioning the 2d clone wars

even that show was only okay. the 3d shows are pure ass.
>>
>>63060591
George poured a lot of his own money into CW, where as Rebels is being made by penny-pinching Disney
>>
File: WelcomeToDeathWatch-FIN.png (2 MB, 1800x816) Image search: [Google]
WelcomeToDeathWatch-FIN.png
2 MB, 1800x816
can't believe how low budget and shit rebels looked, only watched the first few episodes and dropped it
>>
>>63060591
Because LucasArts didn't NEED Disney to make TCW, they had all the talent and tech to do the job internally plus like half the cost per episode fronted by Lucas himself so there was never a fear the money would get yanked and they'd have to skimp on quality to compensate. Disney isn't nearly so forgiving nor generous, and Pixar has nothing to do with Rebels else the quality would show it.
>>
>>63062106
this. I'm guessing they didn't want it to look too similar to Clone Wars so they softened up the character designs, but it makes everything look so bland and cheap... at least in the past series the excuse was that they were going for the beige and brown, low polygon look on purpose
>>
File: spacelego.jpg (26 KB, 640x348) Image search: [Google]
spacelego.jpg
26 KB, 640x348
>>63062106
Ezra's hair looks like Lego.
>>
Clone wars, but not entirely fair as rebels is just starting out and clone wars was weak to start with. And i believe the cgi will only improve as rebels goes along and find their footing with stories
>>
>>63060144
Clone Wars was complete garbage at the point in its run that Rebels is at right now. It didn't get good until the end of season two/beginning of season three.

So while I'd say Clone Wars is currently better overall, Rebels has a much better start so far. We'll see where it goes from here.
>>
>>63060144
Both are shit.
>>
>>63060222
>Rebels is more like Firefly with some CW characters thrown in here or there for fan service.

So you're expecting Hera to get all Washed up?
>>
File: clonewarsguide1.jpg (890 KB, 800x2363) Image search: [Google]
clonewarsguide1.jpg
890 KB, 800x2363
>>63060519
Pic related. There's more I think, but I don't have it.
>>
first two seasons of TCW is shit. It got better after the 3rd season.

I hope to find the same momentum for Rebels.
>>
>>63060144
>Rebels has a much better start so far

I've watched the first six episodes of Rebels, are you really sure with that?
>>
>>63064375
Do you even remember how unwatchable the first season of Clone Wars was?
>>
>>63060144
They're both garbage that somehow managed to have even worse writing than the prequels.
>>
>>63064318
>muh mandalorians
>savage oppress

ALL of tcw was shit
>>
>>63064508
>>63064462
>>63063921
Here's your (You)
>>
>>63064707
Too bad you're wrong
>>
>>63060144
Clone wars was a bad show with good moments. Also it ha that shitty "OC Character Do Not Steal" Anakin padawan crap.

Rebels looks cheap, has weird voice acting and the art direction is all over the place, but that one shot of Darth Vader igniting his lightsaber in a dark blue and foggy enviroment was incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXoJeLDyVBY
>>
>>63060325
Why are you watching it at all if you have to skip through episodes?
>>
Clone Wars is the better show overall, Rebels has the better first season.
>>
File: clone wars.jpg (2 MB, 1592x2556) Image search: [Google]
clone wars.jpg
2 MB, 1592x2556
>>63060144
I really hate the aesthetic and the characters of Rebels. I don't think disney understands kids at all. If a kid is going to watch a cartoon like rebels they want to see cool shit similar to Clone Wars style. 8 years olds love playing violent video games like Call of Duty but some cartoons are still being made safe, which is understandable for some but not for Star Wars.

>>63064215
>>63060519
It is pretty great in the later seasons
>>
>>63064375
>I've watched the first six episodes of Rebels, are you really sure with that?
Rebels' first season does the serialized story telling thing of each episode leading into another and comes to a great season finale so in that regard I'd say yes.

TCW's first season in comparison is completely all over the place and more than half the episodes aren't very good either.
>>
>>63065277
>Also it ha that shitty "OC Character Do Not Steal" Anakin padawan crap.
Ahsoa's great though if you've watched the whole series to see her development. Started out as a brat and then becomes one of the better developed aspects of the show
>>
>>63060144
Rebels is fucking shit

>We Jedi now!
>I get to kill stormtroopers!
>*graffiti*
>Fives died for this
>>
>>63060144
Clone Wars but I remember not liking Clone Wars when it first aired and it was the later seasons that I thought were really solid. So maybe the same can happen for Rebels. It's not terrible.
>>
File: image.jpg (1020 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1020 KB, 1920x1080
we wuz Jedi n shit
>>
I've only seen the 2003 series, how does TCW compare to that? I'm assuming there's a lot more character development and plot-driven episodes and that it's less over the top
>>
>>63066212
Just read the episode guide pic. Tcw starts off really weak but gets better. Just avoid any episodes with jar jar or padme and you are ok.
>>
Clone Wars didn't really get good until after that boring senator arc. I think that was season 3. The clone-centric episodes before that tended to be pretty good, though. Rebels had a better start but it still feels too safe, and almost every main character annoys me. The ones who don't annoy me don't get any kind of reaction from me at all.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.