[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney's Cable Channels See Steep Subscriber Losses
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: IndustryStocks.jpg (295 KB, 1320x1000) Image search: [Google]
IndustryStocks.jpg
295 KB, 1320x1000
>ESPN, in particular, has lost 7 million subscribers in two years.
>It was in August that Disney CEO Bob Iger warned that ESPN suffered "some subscriber losses," but a regulatory filing late Wednesday indicates a fairly hefty number: 7 million subscribers in two years.
>Disney disclosed that its most profitable TV asset has 92 million subscribers, down from 95 million a year ago and down from 99 million the year before that.
>In fact, as Iger acknowledged in August — a revelation that sunk the stocks of the entire industry — Disney's cable TV channels in general have been losing subscribers for two years running, presumably as consumers cord-cut or cord-shave, taking much of their viewing online with Hulu, Netflix and others.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/disneys-cable-channels-see-steep-844007

It's ogre, cable is finished.
>>
>>63056695
>Starz has the lowest loss
Imagine if they didn't have Ash vs Evil Dead.
>>
>>63056695
it'll be "finished" 10 years from now when most televisions being sold come with a "smart" option to let people use the internet or use netflix
it'll be dead once people who never figured out the internet stop being alive
>>
espn needs to fucking die everytime i watch that shit its either 4 niggers at a desk racebaiting or some stupid fucking discussion with women discussing sports for diversity
>>
>millenials are so poor they can't afford 100 dollars a month for perfect HDTV 300 channels
>opt to stream netflix onto their 15" laptops
>they actually think that they are 'cutting the cord' because they want to.

LOL, stop being fucking poor
>>
>>63057238
>100 dollars a month for perfect HDTV 300 channels

The only reason why I have cable is because they jew you over with bundles and it's $300 a month
>>
>>63057221
Exactly this.

ESPN took a channel that was almost entirely for men and shifted their focus almost overnight to this bizarre SJW, inclusiveness and diversity channel. All because a small group of harpies screeched at them about -isms.

And now they actually surprised that they are losing viewers by the boatloads.

That's the problem when you actually take these Social Justice Whiners to heart and change your product to soothe them: They're complainers, not consumers. They aren't going to actually watch the programming you've altered to accommodate them, they're just going to move on and find something else "problematic" to whine about.
>>
File: 1447960959453.jpg (83 KB, 946x472) Image search: [Google]
1447960959453.jpg
83 KB, 946x472
>>63056695

This in intentionally graphically designed to make their per share cost was the total percentage loss. I think they are so abandoning the old tv syndicate of cable and satellite though. Can you imagine what's going to happen when streaming is the new norm?
>>
File: effy-kek.jpg (127 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
effy-kek.jpg
127 KB, 500x750
>>63057221
>4 niggers at a desk
That's all ESPN is. The dumbest hosts, they are barely literate.
>>
>>63057238
I only was using my dish for live sports and that's hardly worth the 100 plus a month. So many super high quality streams for free on the interwebs that don't even have ads. I'm too busy working and having a family to pay for honey boo boo and the Kardashians regardless if I watch them. I don't want to contribute to shit like that anyway.
>>
>>63057364
I don't watch ESPN, when did this happen? Would normies notice or just autists that are hypersensitive to this shit?
>>
>>63057364
All I remember from ESPN was that it was exactly like E News only with athletes as celebrities.
>>
It makes sense people have stopped watching ESPN. They've been trying to break into the political scene and the liberal propaganda is just too much.

"At this point, ESPN is just MSNBC with footballs." -Ben Shapiro
>>
File: 1375437938809s.jpg (2 KB, 125x115) Image search: [Google]
1375437938809s.jpg
2 KB, 125x115
>sports are pure competition based on meritocracy
>ESPN is taken aback when sports fans are annoyed by their communist propaganda

Do they stop alienating their core audience like a responsible business or do they use the star wars money to fund their social crusade?
>>
>watching sport

First sign of plebs
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.