[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Luke's face look so busted in Jedi? It looked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: images (75).jpg (11 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (75).jpg
11 KB, 384x384
Why did Luke's face look so busted in Jedi?

It looked kinda messed up in Empire, sure. But he looked like 15 years older in Jedi and his entire jaw shifted and eyes were super sunken.
>>
>>63056361

It's makeup, to show how close he was to going to the Dark side
>>
>>63056361
Car accident.
>>
>>63056361
>you will never fuck Episode IV Mark Hamill in his tight boipussy

Why even live?
>>
>>63056361
You srs?

You srsly don't know? He was in a car accident that jacked up his face.

>n January 11, 1977, a day before he was set to shoot one of the final scenes needed for Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, Hamill was involved in a car accident that caused substantial damage to his face. A double was used for the scene of Luke racing across the desert in his landspeeder while Mark was hospitalized. Supposedly, he was told by his surgeons that although facial reconstruction surgery could save his career in the short term, it would have only temporary results. Over time, the scarring would become increasingly visible, and he would have to rethink his acting career.
In an A&E Network Biography special, "Mark Hamill: A Force to Be Reckoned With," the auto accident and its consequences are recounted by Mark's family.

>As a result of this scarring, Hamill wore an extensive amount of facial makeup when he reprised his role as Luke for The Star Wars Holiday Special, which was released in 1978. An in-universe explanation for his scarring was developed for Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back where he is mauled by a Wampa, which seemed to be a pretty good way to many to allow him to continue, even with the scar. His son Nathan was born while his father was shooting Episode V. Before the lightsaber duel Lucas told him the truth about Darth Vader.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mark_Hamill
>>
>>63056361
>Anyone who has seen 'Star Wars: A New Hope' and 'The Empire Strikes Back' may have noticed that there was an obvious change in Luke Skywalker's appearance. Mark Hamill had looked young and chiseled in the first movie, which was released only three years before the sequel, which showed an older-looking Luke Skywalker.

>The truth was, Mark Hamill had suffered a car accident right before filming for 'A New Hope' wrapped. The actor spoke about the accident to Gossip magazine, explaining that it caused damage to his face.

>"What happened was that I was on the wrong freeway," Hamill said. "I was way out in the sticks somewhere and there were no cars and no traffic, thank God. I was going about 65-70 mph... I was speeding, going too fast... and what happened, I think, was that I tried to negotiate an off-ramp and lost control, tumbled over, and went off the road. I fractured my nose and my cheek."

>Mark Hamill also confirmed that his accident may have led to George Lucas writing in the Wampa scene in 'The Empire Strikes Back,' where Luke is attacked by a Wampa, severely damaging his face.
>>
>>63056388
>>63056415
huh. i always thought it was cocaine
>>
>>63056361

Literally facial reconstruction after a car accident inbetween Episode 4 and 5.

The scars he got from the Wompa at the start of Empire. They're real, all of them.
>>
he looks fine to me tbqh,people always talk about the accident fucking his shit up but he looks the same to me. some people even say it hurt his chances at a live action career but for the life of me he looks normal.
>>
File: 1448208149344.jpg (36 KB, 309x331) Image search: [Google]
1448208149344.jpg
36 KB, 309x331
>>
>>63056444

There was probably plenty of that going on, too, considering how close he was to Carrie Fisher. But he really did almost kill himself in a car crash in '77, and his face was never quite the same after the reconstructive surgery. Luke's being mauled by a Wampa was written to explain his scarring.

It's also why he was really orange in the Holiday Special, they caked him in makeup to try and hide it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.