[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this show considered good on /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: mrobot.jpg (138 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mrobot.jpg
138 KB, 1920x1080
Is this show considered good on /tv/?
>>
so bad it's good
>>
>>63052880

It's so reddit it's painful.

It's like a 13 year old who just finished watching Fight Club and spent ten minutes on r/4chan and r/chanology decided to write a show.

I still kind of enjoyed it, so fuck me right in the face.
>>
its well made but no
>>
Anyone who unironically enjoys it should fuck off back to reddit and never ever post on *chan again
>>
>>63052880

Take a "LE ANONYMOOSE IZ LEGUN WE ARE GOING TO HACK ISIS AND /B/ AND EBIL TRUMP!" copypasta and breed it with Fight Club and that's Mr. Robot.

Main actors is a QT.
>>
What is it about? Is that guy an android?
>>
>>63052880
I tried to like it but then it got to the part where he meets the hacking crew at their headquarters or some shit, and he was like, "You guys meet in RL?"

Dropped.
>>
Our boy got ranked on Vogue's unconventional alternative sexy man of the year list. What do you think, did he deserve it?

http://www.vogue.com/13372492/sexiest-man-alive-unconventionally-sexy-men/
>>
>>63053072
>63053072

Android has a Supa Sekret Haxor Club with some QT grills who want his cock.

He takes down Da Man, an evil corporation who wants to bring employment and technology to the masses.

All straight white males are violent greedy sociopaths who are secretly homo.

Also there is a twist you might not see coming if you were born in the very late 90's.

It's still fun though.
>>
>>63053118

He's conventionally sexy.
>>
pretty good SISTER twist

liked it, can't wait for S2
>>
>that muslim girl that serves no purpose in the plot
>that scene when they show her doing these retarded prayer
>that homo couple showed as the best relationship in the show

Implying that propaganda isnt real.
Also somehow this show copied a lot from Fight Club but missed everything that was good about this movie.
>>
>>63053118
how are jeff goldblum and aziz ansari on the same list
they shouldn't be on any lists together at all
>>
>>63053238

>that muslim girl that serves no purpose in the plot

Fuck that was Cringe Inducing.

"Just because I adhere to an archaic woman hating third world savagely delusional ideology doesn't mean I can't be a rebellious geek who is going to bring down the evil White Patriarchy!"

Also the gay boss relationship that shows up for 5 minutes to show us that homosexuals are totally awesome and then completely disappears and has no relevance was odd. I was sure it would tie in somehow with the homosexual villain. But...nope.
>>
>>63052880
it has a few predictable twists but other then that its top tier quality, you should watch it
>>
the reddit shit aside the writing is super lazy

the big reveal of "oh it's his dad/he's dead/also elliott is craaaazy!" was terrible and forced and a cheap way to inject a plot into an already stale show.

desu the only character i was ever interested in was the drug dealer dude
>>
>>63053306
Gay boss has to come back strong in season 2, there were too many intimate scenes with Elliot to let him disappear forever. The way Esmail was talking he really made it sound like he had the future of the show mapped out so I'll trust in him to bring a stronger season 2, which is incredibly rare these days.
>>
the show's.. lore, i guess, is kinda lame. its got a cool revolutionary tone to it but yeah it just gives off a vibe of "lel ANONYMOUS.. WERE LEGION..." especially with those stupid masks.

however, this show is really well put together. looks good, music is great, and rami malek really steals the show (which is good since he's the main character). hard to believe he wasn't in anything big until this, he's got a lot of raw and unfiltered energy that he can channel well.
>>
>>63053485
He was one of the main dudes in The Pacific, which is pretty damn big
>>
>>63053306

that's some mighty fucking fadora you got there

most younger muslims in the west just go along with it because it's what they grew up with, like the average flyover state kid who goes to church with their parents but is having underage sex when they can get away with it
>>
>>63053118
He looks like a fish.
>>
>>63053633
>>63052880
Literally Pepe the show
>>
The good thing is that probably they have whole story in the head already, because it is really showing.

The way how certain plot points change and evolve making the door for the next season is really good. You don't feel like it's forced or certain things are cut, you just know, that they will return in the future.

Like whole deal with Vera, Elliot boss, Tyrell disappearance etc.

Also Tyrell was great in a strange way, I hope, that they have something for him in the next season.
>>
>>63052880
Literally reddit: the show
>>
No one on /tv/ will say why it's bad without using reddit as if it were an actual criticism.
>>
>>63054085
Yeah, I saw that Esmail wants the show to go for 5 seasons max.
>>
started strong, then turned to shit, and then completely forgettable

i literally already forgot what happens at the end of the season because i could not give a shit
>>
>>63052880
in all seriousness it's pretty shit
>>
It was fun and interesting the first couple eps despite the whole SOCIETY MAAAAAANNN I LOVE REDDIT shit

Then it was showing mad potential with that muh dead gf in the trunk stuff, I was hype

Then the absolutely fucktarded "twist" happened and ruined whatever promise the show might have had. "Mr. Robot" is the worst part of the fucking show
>>
>>63054150

Because it's not actually "bad".

It IS reddit as shit.

It's cringe inducing and a blatant rip off of other films...but it's still well written, well directed, well acted etc.
>>
>>63053045
cringe
>>
I liked it! Honestly, the portrayal of sanctimonious mentally ill people made me humble
>>
>>63054310
If you're talking about his dad, that wasn't a twist at all. The director expected people to see through that early on.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.