[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this? anyone seen it yet? is anyone /hype/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: the-good-dinosaur.jpg (154 KB, 780x450) Image search: [Google]
the-good-dinosaur.jpg
154 KB, 780x450
thoughts on this?

anyone seen it yet? is anyone /hype/?
>>
it's beautifully mediocre
>>
is it out? i'm not hype but i'll see it
>>
>>63051544
It's Lion King.

If you've watched Lion King, you've watched this movie.

Spoiler alert: There's even a scene where the dinosaur's dead father comes out from the clouds to give him advice

Don't waste your money.
>>
>>63051817
is this legit
>>
>>63051544
>Talking cute dinosaurs
Fucking dropped.
Another pixar movie for kids.
>>
>>63052922
their other movie for kids this year was great though
>>
>>63052933
>Inside Out
>great
Nah, it was shit too.
>>
it really bothers me how everything looks super nice and detailed then the dinosaur looks like a god damn child's drawing, if the environment looked goody and childish I wouldn't mind but it all looks really nice and makes the dinosaur look out of place.
>>
Really don't think anyone cares about this movie.
Not even /co/.
>>
>>63052947
you're shit at liking inside out
>>
>>63052883

Saw it today.

Totally happens. There are striking similarities to the Lion King.
>>
>>63051544
i think it would be interesting if the plot wasn't only a simple reversal of the "boy and dog" story

but actually, the dinosaur was being manipulated by the boy the whole time, even though he (and the audience) thought he was in control

it plays on the whole "humans are the savage new hyper violent, hyper smart replacements." the dinosaur thinks, "i'm so big and strong, i need to protect this little idiot." but really, the boy is the one leading the adventure

a double reversal! i don't know if disney would do something even that complex
>>
It's a re-hash of Lion King.
>>
>>63051544
How have Pixar dropped so fucking far?
>>
>>63053065
cant be worse than brave and cars 2
>>
File: foreign plebs.jpg (350 KB, 1870x827) Image search: [Google]
foreign plebs.jpg
350 KB, 1870x827
>>63052947

foreign pleb detected

bet you can't wait for the next ice age
>>
>>63053065
Cars, blame cars.
>>
>>63053065
Pixar's only bad movie is Cars 2. Monsters University was disappointing because of the premise of the movie was retarded, but it was at least well-made.
>>
>>63052947
Hope you enjoyed Minions, pleb.
>>
>>63053184
I do.
Minions >> Inside Out.
>>
>>63053211
1/10
>>
>>63051544
It's the best looking out of all the pixar movies except maybe Wall-E (though to be fair Roger Deakins worked on Wall-E) but the story is pretty generic. It's good, not great.

Same tier as Monster's Inc., A Bug's Life, etc.
>>
I watched Inside Out recently and found it really mediocre. The movie was really creative, but it didn't feel like it had substance. I couldn't get emotional because I didn't care about the girl. The movie focused too much on the emotion characters and their journey versus having you relate to the girl. It felt very episodic, like it was planned to be a tv show or series of shorts, but was turned into a movie. I'm not sure why it was so praised by people.
>>
File: gooddinosaur2.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gooddinosaur2.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
>>63051544
I just realized that OP posted the characters "beta" designs.
>>
>>63053335
that looks less bad
>>
>>63051544
worst dreamworks movie ever
>>
It's lacking in substance.

The story is one most people have seen done 100 times over. Just now the humans the dog and the dinosaur is the human.

It's bland.
>>
File: 1444690197650.jpg (13 KB, 250x258) Image search: [Google]
1444690197650.jpg
13 KB, 250x258
What the fuck was up with the Pixar short? I didn't even know what to think of it.
>>
>>63053304

I liked Inside Out, but it being a movie based on the mind and emotions meant they possibly couldn't explore everything they could have.
>>
File: zootopia.jpg (34 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zootopia.jpg
34 KB, 1280x720
>>63053395

Are you looking for the next Dreamworks movie?
>>
>>63052949
>Arlo was designed so that the audience could identify with him and be able to see the "boy" inside the dinosaur. Sohn explained "When Arlo gets lost in the wilderness, you need to worry that he's out of his element and in danger of getting killed, rather than just thinking 'You're an animal. Why don’t you just turn around and eat some leaves?'" He additionally stated "If you put like a realistic dinosaur in the woods, eat some leaves, you’re fine... But we really wanted to play with that twist of this is a boy out there. A dinosaur boy for sure, but trying to infuse those qualities into him."
>>
File: 111515151.jpg (242 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
111515151.jpg
242 KB, 1024x819
>Dinosaur is green
>Not white

Who else is outraged by this white genocide?
>>
>>63053304
I feel the same way. Plus it doesn't help when the protagonist is a loathsome cunt and in essence, a bully.
>>
>>63055168
Ok....why can't you just make the environment less hyper-realistic so the contrast isn't so drastic and distracting then?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.