[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this show seem especially pointless to anyone else? There's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 18
File: Walking-Dead-AMC.jpg (49 KB, 665x375) Image search: [Google]
Walking-Dead-AMC.jpg
49 KB, 665x375
Does this show seem especially pointless to anyone else? There's no real plot to it. Rick and the gang just go from settlement to settlement fucking shit up or wandering in the forest for reasons.

But it's all pointless. There's never going to be a payoff or anything really. Is this supposed to be a commentary on life?
>>
The plot is a bunch of people trying to survive

I'm not saying it's a good plot, but there is one
>>
Yeah, that's how it feels to me. I stopped watching it after they brought the Governor back, made him interesting and sympathetic again, and then made him do a heel-turn for no good reason, again.

I don't think it's meant to be a statement about life, though. I think it's just bad writing.
>>
>>63049474
It's shit.
>>
>>63049474
There isn't a plot. The whole show is about these group of survivors trying to make it, and failing to rebuild over and over. There's probably some deeper stuff to it but I'm too dumb to pick up on any of it.

I will agree though, this fucking season has been terrible so far. It centers around ONE damn day. The plot is going absolutely nowhere. Hopefully something actually happens next half.
>>
After reading the comic I gave the show a try and it's so shit. Every episode has like 3 "this is the way things are now!" speeches. More filler than a shonen anime.
>>
It's supposed to be about the difficult decisions you have to make. You're not supposed to get a big payoff, you're supposed to struggle and enjoy the few moments of sincere happiness they can eke out in a terrible world.
>>
>>63049633
>It centers around ONE damn day.
I don't get why Scott Gimple is doing this. S04E01 to S06E07 has seriously spanned like a few weeks, most of that the hundreds of miles between Georgia and Virginia covered off-screen.
>>
File: 1436519350962.gif (1008 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1436519350962.gif
1008 KB, 500x281
Has anyone else noticed how clean the homes are? There's not dust or stains or marks anywhere on them.

And every guy has a 2 day shave at the max.
And all the bitches have nice hair cuts.
And nice skin in general.
>>
they should try to wrap it up after negan, if they do his character right it'll be the peak of the show otherwise it's just going to be the same survival and fighting other communities forever
>>
rick on a horse

glen on a dumpster with a horse face dude

"zombies" all around them

the horse/face gets zomb'd

dude craws under tank/dumpster

lives

the radio man, the radio... also pregnant wife.
>>
>>63049836
The end of All Out War is the perfect series finale 2bh. I see 0 reason for the show to go on after that.
>>
>>63049474
TWD is hardly the pinnacle of art, but it still blows my mind that there are people so stupid as to not understand what the driving force behind the show is.
>>
wait so who said "help" on the radio 2 episodes ago?
>>
>>63049775
It kind of works since Alexandria has mostly been spared any kind of hardship.
>>
Now that they are in Alexandria the show kind of has a purpose, and the current arc in the comics is gonna end up in something good because will have thousands of people added in the commnunity.

The problem with the show is that it had way too much settlementes, in the comics was way straight forward
>>
The problem is a tipping point issue.

If you divide society into two groups, those trying to work together to better themselves, and those trying to parasitize the work of others there is a tipping point where onebside or the other "wins" eventually. It is essentially Vikings vs. Castles. People who build communities versus those who attack communities for resources. Eventually one aidebor the other will overwhelm. The Road shows the side where raiders "win" and everyone dies out, just for example.

The issue with the show is to maintain drama stability cannot be kept. The formula, I. The comic and show, boils down to:
>group tries to build a community
>they keep out the zombies
>everything is going good for a while
>assholes show up
>they fuck everything up and kill half the cast
>repeat

It goes stail after a while.
>>
>>63049955
G-d?
inertia and capitalism
>>
i wonder if it's going to end vaguely like "did they/he/she survive?" or they all turn and they just play some marlon mansion music like the sopranos did or after 5 years they'll make a shitty movie way past the time people gave a fuck or one of the "important" actors dies irl "
>>
>>63049577
What!? He was just faking.
He was always a two by faced bastard, shame on you for falling for his shit.
>>
it has good atmosphere and pretty decent zombie violence / killing situations but the majority of the people they cast actually seem autistic.
worst casting in any major television show in history
>>
>>63050108
Consumerism. Purchasing emergency groceries, ammo and weapons.

Nothing stimulates sales like fear.
>>
>>63049775
>hair cuts
WHEN THE GOVERNMENT FELL, SO DID OUR STOCKPILE OF SCISSORS
>>
It bugs me they never try to find out the cause/a cure/government/a larger society and are content to just wander around dying in Georgia.

I read the S1 arc with the CDC stuff wasn't even in the comics.
>>
>>63050265
>average civilians trying to survive and acclimate to the new world are going to find a cure or even know how to go about looking for one
Did that make sense in your head?
>>
>>63051109
>even know how to go about looking for one

idk maybe start by looking for civilization instead of playing deliverance in the deep south

how many years do they need to acclimate?
>>
>>63051227
>looking for civilization
So you mean keep wandering doing nothing then? Literally do the same thing?
>>
>>63049474
>it's all pointless

THAT'S THE POINT, DINGUS

IT'S EVEN IN THE TITLE - THE WALKING 'DEAD'
>>
>>63050265
>I read the S1 arc with the CDC stuff wasn't even in the comics.

this is correct, because it's thematically out of place within the walking dead universe.

the point of the walking dead is that it will never uncover a cause, a cure or any remaining governments

society will be rebuilt but not in a grand epik way
>>
>>63051895
>>63052052
epic excuse to not write anything interesting desu
>>
>>63049633
>There's probably some deeper stuff to it
There isn't. I still watch it because Lincoln's a great actor, at least by tv standards. I guess the show's about the characters themselves, even though most of them have had almost no development except "I'm now more skilled at killing walkers"
>>
>>63052131
>implying generic find the cure plot would be interesting
>>
>>63050020
It doesn't help that Rick's group seem to be the assholes who show up and ruin everything, over and over.
>>
>>63049474
this show is so garbage, but this shot is so awesome.

would hang on my wall/10
>>
The mistake they are making with this show is they are dragging out the subplots for way too long. Nothing should be more than a half a season: the farm, woodbury, terminus, alexandria, negan, whisperers, etc..

They drag shit out way too long.
>>
It's a survival show.

It's a post-apocalyptic survival show.

Show about what'd happen after the zombie apocalypse, and it's damn entertaining at that.

Zombies no longer are the threat, humans are the threat, and watching the various ways people manipulate each other, build settlements, form gangs, form a community, or bond in general, and evolve as human beings, is pretty interesting.
>>
>>63052303
This. The writing and logic of the show is often shit, but the character development is interesting and well done. Rick's evolution in particular is the best thing about TWD - how he has gone from naive pussy to hardcore ruthless crazy man.

You can see his breaking point was when he bit that guy's throat out after seeing Carl almost get raped. GOAT scene.
>>
>/tv/ begins to grasp the difference between plot driven and character driven stories
>>
>>63049966
Was just thinking about this earlier
>>
>>63049966
>>63052597
it was Eugene
>>
File: 960.jpg (67 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
67 KB, 960x540
It was amusing to watch this show jump the shark this season.

That dumpster diving shit was ridiculous and insulting to the fans.
>>
But bro the real enemy isn't the zombies, it's the fellow survivors!
>>
>>63049474
I started watching it like a month ago.
It was pretty fun to marathon through, but now I'm not really feeling it.
>>
>>63052640
It was just to make everyone think Glenn is safe now with ultimate plot armor so everyone will be even more shocked when he gets his head caved in by Lucille.
>>
>>63049955
Women wanting to fuck Daryl?
>>
File: mrscandfonz_fullsize_story1.jpg (58 KB, 444x333) Image search: [Google]
mrscandfonz_fullsize_story1.jpg
58 KB, 444x333
>>63052661

What a twist!
>>
>>63052688

But that doesn't make sense since Daryl is getting Lucille'd...
>>
>>63052302
This is exactly what the problem is; the entire show as become idiotic filler. Season 4 was shit until the reintroduction of the Governor and was shit again after the mid-season finale until the very last episode. Season 5 was good for the first 3 episodes then sputtered off. Season 6 so far has had 2 good episodes and tons of straight up filler. The point we are at in the story right now could have been 4 episodes into season 6 and we're going to be 8 episodes in on Sunday. The come up this the most boring storylines and fail to realize they get the best ratings when cool shit happens, the absolute stagnation of this show is infuriating.
>>
File: fonz_shark.jpg (37 KB, 397x488) Image search: [Google]
fonz_shark.jpg
37 KB, 397x488
>>63052688

It was a cheap ratings ploy after losing 16% of their audience in the season premiere. It's the essence of hack writing and it was the exact moment when the show jumped the shark.
>>
File: 1448445597711.jpg (8 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
1448445597711.jpg
8 KB, 234x250
>>63052709
>mfw they put up that stupid fucking statue here in town
>>
What's the point of any TV show?
>>
>>63052518
>implying twd has character development
>>
>>63049925
At the pace Season 6B goes we'll be done with All Out War season 8 finale tops. Right now I see them trying for 9 or 10 fucking seasons. A New Beginning is like the beginning to a sequel series so it'll be odd as hell to give us two seasons of that and somehow tie in up with a pretty bow. Where the comic story is heading doesn't look too considerate of AMC's budget concerns. The story is really becoming Game of Thrones in its scope.
>>
>>63052963
>>
File: walking-dead.png (434 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
walking-dead.png
434 KB, 720x404
>>63049474

>there are people who don't understand the walking fucking dead

You goofballs. It's not just a zombie survival show, it's a human drama with some zombies in it.

It's a show about conflict. It's always been about conflict. The entire point of the zombies is that they personify mortality and death, and the survivors are trying to avoid/fight that death at any cost. Since Rick has woken up from his coma, he's been fighting one thing after another. It's like pottery.

The conflict with the Governor emphasized the MAIN POINT of the show. Rick's speech to the Governor's people is the entire point of the show. The whole "We're not too far gone, we all can change" thing is the end goal. Even in a world where fucking magic zombies exist, people can get together and, for once, not kill each other.

I guarantee that the show will end when Rick and Co. finally find an enemy that they can make peace with, instead of kill. They'll start to build a community and it will seem like there's hope in the new world. The end of conflict is the end of the show. That's the goal.
>>
>>63054148
How will they wrap it up?
>>
>>63054372
>They'll start to build a community and it will seem like there's hope in the new world. The end of conflict is the end of the show. That's the goal.

kek
its gonna end with every single character dead. that's been obvious from the start. there is no end of conflict in TWD. its all depression and hopelessness.
>>
>>63049955
Its obviously money
>>
>>63051895
If it's all pointless why make the sh...oh yeah, money
>>
File: 1436361175624.jpg (153 KB, 500x545) Image search: [Google]
1436361175624.jpg
153 KB, 500x545
>>63054372
>>
What gets me is that time passes and most of the time they have vehicles and yet they seem to just roam around in a 1 mile square area.

At this rate even if they went on foot they'd be three states over.

And why aren't they attempting to reach the coast and move to some island where it's much easier to take control of.

Hell, they can find a map and figure out where to go specifically instead of bumbling around.

At least S1 had that progress from urban environment to country to the CDC and the plot felt like it was larger in scope.

Ever since they they just pick one location and milk it for a whole season.
>>
>>63049474

It's character driven, the plot is "Surviving in a zombie apocalypse".

It doesn't need anything deeper than villain of the series stuff.
>>
>>63054433
I hope your right. I've been rooting for the zeds for a while now because the characters are all fucking stupid and deserve a death and/or being a zombie thats eternally stuck in the ground
>>
File: 1394023403484.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1394023403484.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>>63050020
>tipping point
>>
>>63049474
So, why don't they go to the white house or something? isn't there like an Apocalypse proof bunker underneath or something? They might even find out not everyone's dead and end up being bunker mates with the former president.
>>
>>63049474
>Does this show seem especially pointless to anyone else? There's no real plot to it. Rick and the gang just go from settlement to settlement fucking shit up or wandering in the forest for reasons.
>But it's all pointless. There's never going to be a payoff or anything really. Is this supposed to be a commentary on life?
Yep. I stopped watching a couple of seasons ago. Watch the odd episode every now and then. Not missing anything.
>>
>>63049775
When you have no TV/Vidya/Internet you have a lot of free time to sweep the floor and clean the gutter.
>>
>>63050250
it's not like it's just trimmed. it's styled and layered and shit. looks like a professional stylist cut it.
>>63054638
too clean. literally no dust or marks anywhere.

makes the show completely unbelievable, can't watch it at all.
>>
>>63052740
fucking this.

>lol glenn is in a bad situation, is he dead?!
>quite obvious he isn't dead
>turns out he isn't dead and went under a dumpster
>LOL BET YOU THOUGHT HE WAS DEAD :^)

i mean this show has done some stupid shit but this takes the cake.
>>
>>63055028
>rick has a full beard
>glenn the asian has shit all for facial hair
>female cast is entirely hairless, despite wandering for weeks on end
>>
>>63055117
>glenn the asian has shit all for facial hair
Do you really want him to have patchy sideburns and a patchy, stringy neckbeard?
>>
>>63050108
>censoring yourself
sup reddit cancer
>>
fuck you i like it
>>
>>63055893
pleb
>>
>>63054372

>Like Poetry

Don't you have better things to do Mr. Lucas, like sneaking in as much of your influence as possible into the sequel trilogy?
>>
>>63054587
>At this rate even if they went on foot they'd be three states over.
They are.
>>
Everything is too safe. The prison was good, but all the best seasons were when they were out in the sticks, trying not to get their shit fucked up hard
>>
>>63056403
I miss the season 1 zombies, they were much more threatening. I've been rewatching it and they're so different. I had forgotten that at some point the zombies were actually a threat

>can climb fairly well
>can kinda run when alerted and not just shamble
>smart enough to use objects like rocks to break glass
>Morgan's wife hangs around their house and tries using the doorknob to get inside which implies the zombies can retain some sort of instinctual memories making them more interesting
>skulls aren't soft, a baseball bat isn't going to take one down in one swing
>some could scream which was pretty cool

The zombies just piss me off now. They're so slow and squishy that the only way for people to die to them is to either get cornered by more than 10 of them (unless you're glen) or get bit by a stealth zombie, which is usually what happens.
>>
>>63049474
A majority plot devices consists of characters in the main group being retarded and acting on ideas they think is for the greater good.
>>
>>63054433
>>63054607

lol this is the most retarded opinion about the walking dead

'they're all going to die' isn't going to be how it ends lmao the zombies become even less of a threat than they are already
>>
>>63057190
well, they certainly don't climb, or run, but you have a point in that the season 1 zombies are pretty much entirely different creatures to 2 onwards, as they use rocks, doors and all that. you could say that it was a thematic decision, related to the survivors becoming more competent, or a narrative one, implying they grow weaker and dumber over time, but it's just that season 1's showrunner had a retarded idea for zombies.
>>
>>63049966
Wasn't it the guy that stole Daryls motorcycle?
Him being overrun by zombies and now asking daryl for help seems like the obvious shitty writing TWD would do.
>>
>>63049474
THE SURVIVORS are the walking dead. There is no point.

In the comics, eventually the story shifts to being about the sort of civilization that rises out of the zombie apocalypse. The world that returns is very different from the old one, but it is still a society.

But right now, the show is just about survival and depression. Basically is has no plot, and that's sort of the point.
>>
File: 1356937180649.jpg (32 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1356937180649.jpg
32 KB, 490x490
>>63057190
>stealth zombie
This is what I hate.
>>
They have god-awful writers and AMC are shameless jews, that's the problem this show has.
Actors are ok, make-up is great, and the setting offers much, much material for good plots; but their writers are stupid, they're stories are stupid, while other shows' writers are smart and cunning, we don't win anymore, we have to build a wall and it has to be built QUICKLY
>>
>>63057376
Check out season 1 episode 2. They definitely scale a chain link fence and they're pretty much running before that. They're not as fast as a living human but enough that you have to run as well and can't casually saunter in front of them like the group does later on when travelling.

They are kind of retarded though, now that I think about it. If anything I wish they kept their speed and none of the other shit so that way they're actually kind of threatening but not as silly. I just don't like how they basically have to place a herd that somehow no one notices next to whatever characters we're viewing to make danger happen. Then again I guess it's not supposed to be the running dead, although that would be far superior in my opinion.

I guess I just miss the zombies bringing some tension to the show. Now i get annoyed when someone gets bitten because the zombies are so loud and slow there's no excuse. Yet Tyreese still manages to get bit because the zombie happened to be just out of sight, not making a peep, and had stealth boots on.
>>
>>63049474

My problem with the show at this point is that there's just nothing of interest left. It's been this way since Season 4.

In Seasons 1-3, it was about meeting new people, secrets, and the dynamics between all of the characters. There was a lot going on, and a lot of little things between characters that showed some level of complex relationships.

But we've hit a "blank slate" point. All of those secrets got revealed. Many of the character's stories ended/they died...so...what now? There's no intrigue left. The beginning of the series kinda slowly built up secrets and issues that needed to be resolved among the strangers, but now since we're mid season and there's nothing to build off of...we get these really short lived hamfisted stories. Like that fucko blonde kid who wants to kill Carl. There's no real buildup or anything interesting, he just fought with Carl once and now he wants to kill him.

I honestly don't know how they recover at this point. We're left with nothing but bland interchangeable characters like token gay Tara and skinny black girl Sasha. Can you think of a single interesting thing going on with either of them? No. Because there isn't. It's the same with the rest of the cast.

Now compare that to something like Shane or Hershel from season 2 and it's a world of difference. They've just hit a writing dead end because there's nothing left to learn about most of the characters we've met. Their stories have already been told and resolved.
>>
kek the mid season finale is going to piss off the particularly anal comic autists. The really crazy shit from No Way Out happens in episode 9 in Feb. Not really a bad thing since it leads straight into Jesus and the Saviors anyways.
>>
>>63057348
It's almost a shame the show watchers won't get to see President Rick Grimes vs The New Californian Republic
>>
>>63052492
>You can see his breaking point was when he bit that guy's throat out after seeing Carl almost get raped.
Woah you must be the first person ever who said this!
>>
If you watch this show you're a fat fucking autist.
>>
the plot is just them surviving,
this current season is really tedious though. they are dragging it on like fuck, last season was much better than this, its literally going nowhere
>>
>>63049474
why dont they go to the coast and then find an island omwhere on the ocean where there is no zombies and there they can start civilizations and live happily ever after
>>
>>63049474
DUDE ZOMBIES LOL
>>
>>63058387
I'm not fat.
>>
>>63058387
I'm not fucking.
>>
>>63058387
I'm not .
>>
>>63058387
I am in fact all of those things, and feel no shame about it.
>>
>>63058387
spotted the fat fucking autist
>>
>>63049474
That's why I gave up watching it.

There's so many interesting things they could do with it, like look into what's going on in the rest of the world or trying to figure out how all of this started and/or trying to stop the outbreak.

But nope, it's just gotta be an excuse for personal drama and lots of repetitive shoot em' up crap. The only real suspense is wondering if any characters are going to die.
>>
>>63059760
>trying to figure out how all of this started and/or trying to stop the outbreak
>interesting

Have you thought about how that story would pan out or are you just puking any generic zombie idea that comes to mind?
>>
>>63059797
>just puking any generic zombie idea that comes to mind?
Pretty much actually. But that's all the show would have to do since all it literally is at this point is running from and killing zombies.
>>
>>63059760
>lots of repetitive shoot em' up crap.
thats far more interesting than the stuff you just suggested m8
>>
File: shawn.png (1 MB, 858x1118) Image search: [Google]
shawn.png
1 MB, 858x1118
What I don't get is did the writers forget about pic related. He was actually right all along, and was the real reason why Rick changed so much from good boy sheriff.

Also were all supposed to assume that Judith is actually Rick's kid since they look so much alike. The one thing I actually liked about the comics was that it was heavily implied it was Shanes.
>>
File: 8-21.png (773 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
8-21.png
773 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>63059957
killing otis was unnecessary and even if it wasn't, he could've shot him in the head
>>
>>63059997
Good
>>
>>63059997
R.i.p in peace
>>
File: 1404287254356.png (303 KB, 724x669) Image search: [Google]
1404287254356.png
303 KB, 724x669
>mfw watching it just to get with a qt who is obsessed with it

I'm on S4 on netflix
>>
>>63059997
is he kill or something happens that somehow saves him?
>>
>>63060119
You don't get with women by watching her favourite tv show, Jesus. While you are sitting on your ass she is out having actual fun with other men. Ask her out somewhere and DO SOMETHING together
>>
>>63059957
>What I don't get is did the writers forget about pic related
How do you mean? There's no reason for Rick to bring up him. Would make more sense to talk about Governor than Shane Kuc.
>Also were all supposed to assume that Judith is actually Rick's kid since they look so much alike.
Nah I feel anyone who remembers the kuckery that went down in the beginning knows it's almost totally Shane's. Maybe he'll talk about Shane relatively soon since Maggie said "She looks like Lori" and Rick look really stirred on the inside.
>>
>>63054433
>its gonna end with every single character dead
Just like in real life!
>>
I honestly don't understand why all of the main characters are constantly so bummed out. The instant one of them finds something amusing or tries to lift the mood they get dragged down by the group of premenstrually depressed buzzkills.
How do you even go on like that just fucking off yourselfs.
I miss that tainted meat guy, he was the only one with a chill, positive outlook on things.
>>
File: 1437084098438.jpg (16 KB, 246x243) Image search: [Google]
1437084098438.jpg
16 KB, 246x243
>>63060119
Wait so you're watching it ALONE to impress her? That makes no sense you faggot. Why not watch it WITH her? God you're stupid.
>>
>>63049474
It was interesting at first, I stopped watching at some point after the cannibals because it just got boring. Don't even remember the last few episodes I watched.
>>
I really don't need much more plot than Rick and Carol icing people left and right to be quite honest, familia
>>
The CG(i) in this show is getting more worse every season.
>>
>>63060119
>BETA
>>
>>63054372
>You goofballs. It's not just a zombie survival show, it's a human drama with some zombies in it.
But the human drama is and always has been shit
>>
>>63060373
They're in a different situation than us.
They have less food, they're dehydrated, completely worn out, and suffering from PTSD.
These are not rational people anymore.
>>
If it makes you feel any better
It starts to become about rebuilding civilization. There are other settlements like Alexandria, they start creating trade routes. One of the settlements demands supplies for protection, like the mob. Rick goes to war with them. Then theres a time skip.
>>
>>63060210
>>63060549
>>63060697

kill yourselves betas
>>
>>63057718
>Then again I guess it's not supposed to be the running dead, although that would be far superior in my opinion.
Don't know fuck all about the comics but I swear one of my friends told me that at some point the virus mutates which turns them into running zombies.
>>
>>63060876
No, does not happen.
>>
can anyone give a nice spoiler whats about to happen this season?
>>
>>63060921
nothing
>>
>>63060921
>Glenn is kill
>No wait, he's alive
>Glenn is kill for real
>>
>>63057190
Zombies rot.

Physical and mental faculties grow weaker.

There.
>>
>>63060921
be a real patrician and just watch
>>
>>63060921
If you're not an absolute retard you can find out yourself in great detail.
>>
>>63052740
because a show is rewritten and reshot within a week of the premiere
that was episode 3
it was written
dont be dense
>>
>>63060130
the doctor sews him up so he wears an eyepatch and shit
that's why the doctor woman has been built up so much to have the moment where she saves carl lol xd
>>
I'm sick of Rick's group. And I hated the LA setting in Fear the Walking Dead.

I want to see what other survivors are doing in the Rocky Mountain states and other locales. Like biker gangs going to war with communities of cowboys and ranchers. Cartel dons carving out kingdoms in Mexico and invading the Southeast US.
>>
>>63049474
Darabont made something unique for TV
They fucked him out of it because of man babby kirkman's vision
Some dickhead bombed season 3
Gimple was brought in the salvage the mess
Then season 5 and 6 became "The Walking Dead Anime"

It's stale shit. I'd rather watch Into the Badlands
>>
>>63049474

HERES THE REAL ISSUE WITH THE WALKING DEAD

THE DIALOGUES

MY GOD THE FUCKING POINTLESS DIALOGUES

SERIOUSLY THIS FUCKING SHOW HAS THE WORST DIALOGUES I HAVE EVER SEEN MY FUCKING GOD

EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU GET A RANDOM ASS FUCKING STUPID SCENE OUT OF NOWHERE

SOMETIMES EVEN RIGHT DURING THE ACTION

EXAMPLE OF A DIALOGUE

>"WE MUST BE STRONG"
>"I KNOW WE HAVE TO SURVIVE"
>"WE WILL SURVIVE BUT WE HAVE TO DO IT TOGETHER"
>"THE FUTURE IS IMPORTANT"
>"OUR FUTURE IS IMPORTANT"
>>
The show is about niggers
>>
>>63061106
zombies aren't real senpai
>>
>>63049577
The whole point of that arc is that he was too far gone to stop killing, he just managed to channel his sociopathic urges in a more "positive" direction

There was actually a point to Rick, Hershel, and the Governor's arcs in season 4 part 1 but you were probably too busy complaining about the show to notice
>>
reminder that finn died for nothing

#savefinn
>>
>>63049474
Just like real life.
>>
>>63059997
who shoots him? that angsty teen faggot?
>>
File: a man can tell.jpg (538 KB, 1916x2152) Image search: [Google]
a man can tell.jpg
538 KB, 1916x2152
If you don't think that Abe is best on screen you're dick is small.
>>
>>63060549
He's catching up so he can do just that you fucking mung
>>
>>63059957
Literally no one said you're supposed to assume it was Rick's kid instead of Shane's

The entire point was that it was Shane's baby and Rick had to deal with that

I don't even know why I bother correcting people in Walking Dead threads, two thirds of you people are apparently too retarded to even understand the most heavy-handed, unsubtle show on television right now
>>
>>63059797
Not him but everything else has been done to death and the show and comics are retreading the same ground, Kirkman just adjusts the dials on the next psychopath leader of group x that Rick has to deal with and throws in a bigger herd of zombies.

Why wouldn't there be someone trying to figure out how to stop the reanimation process? The Woodbury autistic guy was trying to figure it out.

Always had this theory that Rick is the reanimation process gone awry, he died in the hospital and woke up from turning but his organs all functioned as normal.
>>
It's the reason why I can't enjoy anything post-apocalyptic, the world is gonna be fucked no matter what protagonists do, so that means characters will never truly achieve anything apart from surviving to live another day. It's not the lack of happy ending or bleakness that annoys me, but lack of real closure and ever-present status quo
>>
>>63049474
>Is this supposed to be a commentary on life?

mind

bloooooooooooooownthefu kout
>>
RIP d'angelo
>>
>>63057190
>Morgan's wife hangs around their house and tries using the doorknob to get inside which implies the zombies can retain some sort of instinctual memories making them more interesting

That wasn't Morgan's house. She just somehow magically knew he was in there.
>>
>>63069857

>Cutty bitten and died by a zombie of one of the lil hoppers he was teaching to box

>Carver left the police force for priesthood after being promoted to Lt. and is currently unhappily living in Alexandria.
>>
>>63049868
Pottery
>>
>>63069946
Oh right, good point. Well there's that little girl zombie in the opening that picks up a stuffed rabbit or something and walks around with it so there's that.

There's also something about the way they express suspicion when Rick and Glen cover themselves in guts that conveys a sense of very basic intelligence. I don't think the zombies should be very intelligent of course but they just acted a little more interesting, like there was a tiny shred of humanity left in them which was pretty unsettling to me.
>>
>>63068508
What you don't understand is that there are countless "apocalypses" that happened throughout actual history already. The entire concept of an apocalypse is extremely anthropocentric in itself, the world will always keep spinning if it's not some sort of cosmic-scale shit hitting the fan. The true thrill in watching post-apocalyptic media is to see how the characters struggle to keep up the torch of humanity and civilized life in a deeply hostile environment, since this is the future requirement for rebuilding everything in the centuries to come.
>>
Just started season 2. Bretty gud so far. It took me 3 attempts to get passed the first episode.
>>
Anyone else expecting glenn/enid to float into alexandria via the baloons SHOUTING IT'S REAL NIGGA HOURS BITCH WHO THE FUCK UP SMASH THAT LIKE BUTTON BITCH
>>
File: mad rick is mad.jpg (92 KB, 625x538) Image search: [Google]
mad rick is mad.jpg
92 KB, 625x538
>>63068321
>Rick is the reanimation process gone awry, he died in the hospital and woke up from turning but his organs all functioned as normal.

the only reasonable fan theory that I've read/heard about TWD so far
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 297x275) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 297x275
But the point is, the walking dead is 1000 times better than breaking fukkin bad and you cant do anything against that truth
>>
File: 1447418253690.png (39 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
1447418253690.png
39 KB, 392x200
>>63073378

there's a lot of reasons why this is the truth
the most evident is that they're both a character's arc driven stories, and while BB has only two (maybe three) characters whose arc is central in the narration, TWD has tens of them
>>
>>63060921
Glenn meets Lucille.
>>
>>63072320
S2 is often slated to be one of the worst seasons, but it's one of my favorites. Shane is arguably the best character/actor on the show, and he's involved in many epic moments in the season. Also people say the plot moved too slow/issues were dragged on for too long but it wasn't the case for me because i binged it a matter of days. I guess it was more intolerable when you had to wait a week to each next episode.
>>
>>63059760
Just watch Z Nation.
It's better.
>>
>>63057968
I can think of 2 interesting things about Tara ,if you catch my drift (wink wink)
>>
>>63075093
Nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.
>>
>>63074980
When will this meme end? Z Nation is contrived, try-hard schlock from the creators of Sharknado. The Walking Dead isn't high patrician art, but at least it's not Z Nation.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.