[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Americans push the 'strong, independent womyn'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10
File: kill-bill.jpg (184 KB, 1400x935) Image search: [Google]
kill-bill.jpg
184 KB, 1400x935
Why do Americans push the 'strong, independent womyn' meme so fucking hard? When did it become a mandatory thing in American movies to have women acting like men and fighting in hand to hand combat against men and coming out on top despite being weaker and smaller? Why are you guys pretending like there are masses of untapped female Navy SEALS out there, when in your culture women can't even handle Mario rescuing princesses in video games without screaming about oppression? Seriously, what the fuck is this?
>>
File: H&M.jpg (99 KB, 896x747) Image search: [Google]
H&M.jpg
99 KB, 896x747
I don't know. Why are the Nips so good at creating varied, interesting female characters?
>>
>the concept of female warriors was invented by Americans
>>
>Why do Americans push the 'strong, independent womyn' meme so fucking hard?

Kill bill is a ripoff of a Japanese movie m80
>>
>>63046619
Which is why whenever Indiana Jones faces an opponent bigger and stronger than him he dies

Fucking retard
>>
>>63046903
I'm pretty sure he gets tossed around before he thinks up something clever
>>
Its as much as a meme as white men saving the day all the time
>>
>>63046619
Look up Come Drink with Me and Golden Swallow. Now shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63046619
>Why are you guys pretending there are masses of untapped Navy SEALs out there

There are. The military just hasn't lowered the standard for women SEALs yet.
>>
>>63046903
He usually outsmarts them, or at least struggles against them. Same with most older action movies.

This modern wave of female protagonists is exemplified by Scarlet Johansen in the Avengers, who kicks the shit out of dozens of hapless enemies without ever breaking a sweat.
>>
I dont think its exclusive to men to be strong and fight. Thats not "acting like a man"

I know even saying something like this no matter how passive is just met with le tumblr meme or le sjw but please explain to me how it isn't sexist to say something like that is exclusive to a gender.
>>
>>63046619
American men are keks and have massive fetishes for badass fighter girls.

>>63046666
>varied, interesting female characters
>Uranus and Neptune
TOP FUCKING LEL
>>
>>63047037
Black Widow has been doing that for literally decades, since the fucking sixties you unbelievable retard.
>>
JEWS.

But really, it's because of Israel, and the fact that they have conscripted women in their army, it has influenced our country, and made us follow suit.

Now we have tons of female police, military, women in authority, and now add the women fighters in MMA and boxing.

It's not "women acting like men", it's just how women in the USA act now.
>>
>>63046619
It's an easy way of seeming progressive without putting any actual effort into writing a good and well-rounded character.
>>
>>63047082
Nope. And Jessica Jones never fucked Luke Cage either. That show is pushing the WFBM agenda.
>>
>>63046619
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxBvPgzpoH8

I don't know. You tell me.
>>
because americans love whiteknighting and putting women on the pedestal. this was endearing pre-2000 but now it has exponentially turned women and culture into shit.
>>
>>63046805
Ripoff of like 7 different movies
>>
Because it's a live action cartoon and it looks cool? Manly Arnold action movies with single dudes surviving waves of enemies and gunfire aren't realistic either.

It's fun to watch hero characters doing impossible shit. That's literally it. There's more of a market for female action heros now because they figured out it appeals to everyone and makes bank.
>>
>>63047540
Come Drink With Me (Female Swordsman Protag), Executioners from Shaolin(Pai Mei), Bells of Death( Spaghetti Western style Wuxia crossover), Game of Death (Yellow Jumpsuit), Kung Fu Tv Series (David Carradine), Navajo Joe (music), Death Rides a Horse (music), just to name a few off the top of my head.
>>
>>63046619
It's 2015, check your privilege and get with the times you uncultured swine.
>>
>>63048214
At that point isn't it just influenced by and an homage to?
>>
>>63048279
Or if you are a hipster... A Pastiche!
>>
>>63046619
Because leftists and faggots have taken over American media.
>>
File: Stop it.gif (710 KB, 204x199) Image search: [Google]
Stop it.gif
710 KB, 204x199
>>63046619
If you really want to see a fucking joke about pushing this ''meme'' too far, you should learn spanish and watch Lo Que Callamos Las Mujeres
>>
>>63046903

Indiana Jones gets the shit kicked out of him until he finds some lucky way to turn the tables.
>>
>>63046619

The internet is not real life and I once watched a video of Meisha Tate taking on 4 pretty strong looking guys with ease one after another.

In real life, The Bride would look more like Holly Holm.
>>
File: 1440847681956.gif (3 MB, 206x275) Image search: [Google]
1440847681956.gif
3 MB, 206x275
>>63046619

>strong independent woman meme

You do realize that strong independent female characters exist in foreign films, right? it's not just an american thing

https://mubi.com/lists/female-action-stars-1961-1976

I prefer watching strong female characters kick ass over watching some masculine chad kick ass. what are you, a fag?
>>
>>63048662
It's only betafags complaining cause they can't self insert as the strong white male they'll never become.
>>
>>63046619
Two separate causes:

1) Lots of film makers, such as e.g. Tarantino, are weak, passive dorks who want to be the woman in a relationship and who thus fantasize about a strong woman who will do all the heavy lifting while he vegges out playing vidya.

2) The complete breakdown of community and family life in America leaves women feeling vulnerable and isolated, which causes them to masculanize on several levels. The obsession with pursuing careers, the fantasy of being able to beat up men, etc. all stem from the deep seated anxiety they feel from lacking the protection of a network of male kin.
>>
Because Americans are the only ones who realize it's nothing but a fantasy to be laughed at and entertained by in movies. Unlike yurokeks who actually elect women to be their leaders.
>>
>>63048214
wasn't the yellow jumpsuit from enter the dragon?
>>
>>63048917
I'm sorry your father left you but you dont need to project that onto every american.
>>
>>63049223
No.
>>
>>63049263
Women need a large network of brothers, cousins, and in-laws to feel safe and psychologically at ease. They also need to feel that their material wants will be provided for. The less secure in these things they feel, the more masculine and psychologically unstable they become. They simply aren't hardwired to provide for and protect themselves and doing so for an extended period invariably results in mental illness. This is all well documented by social scientists
>>
>>63049223
I like that its become so iconic that so many people think it was.
>>
>>63049398
>This is all well documented by social scientists

Interdasting. Sauce?
>>
File: wat.jpg (10 KB, 113x188) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
10 KB, 113x188
>>63048662
>chad

Back to /r9k/, sport
>>
>>63049398
The departure of a parent, particularly the father, presents the greatest potential for ongoing psychological damage in most children growing up in America. Children from these homes tend to have stunted emotional development and many, particularly males, develop a strong inferiority complex which leads to a higher rate of violence against women than men who grew up in an unfractured household.
>>
File: Media-Ownership-Jewish.png (258 KB, 2092x1270) Image search: [Google]
Media-Ownership-Jewish.png
258 KB, 2092x1270
>>63046619
I dunno. It has something to do with our media, but I can't quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>63049457
While I have many sources that would doubtless convince you of the truth of my argument, I feel that providing them would be contrary to the spirit of 4chan
>>
>>63050303
Source or gtfo
>>
>>63050303
>im makin shit up lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs
>>
>>63046619

Because jews control Hollywood.
>>
>>63046619
Tarantino is a huge SJW, its pretty much common knowledge at this point.

He started with "le stronk wommin" and hes moved onto "Muh BBCs, police are bad!"
>>
Shit's been going on since the 1800's.
>>
because you're a virgin
>>
>>63050948
Ronda would literally maul any unprofessional fighter
>>
>>63051422
Almost any regular size male given a week of training would absolutely crush her. She's incredibly weak and has awful standup.
>>
Americans are the only ones making movies worth watching.
>>
>>63051320
nah its been going on since the neolithic, there were way more matriarchal societies back then too
>>
>>63048214

also Lady Snowblood (the entire fucking movie) you colossal retard

and the O-ren bride duel is an homage to final duel from Inagaki's Musashi 3
>>
>>63046619
Because the modern Western generation is so fucking spoiled they have to make up things to be offended by rather than do anything meaningful.
>>
OP go back to /pol and stay there fucker.
>>
>>63046619
Blame Postmodernism. Postmodernism led to undermining classical morality which led to Moral Relativism, which led to Classical Feminism, which led to Crybaby Feminism(WAAH, I'll SUE!) Which led to movie producers sensing a trend from capeshit movies, which led to La Femme Nikita, which opened the door for all this estrogen-fueled sisters-doing-it-for-themselves comix babes kicking butt onscreen. So, for all this, you can thank Jacques Derrida. Those French. they're sneaky bastards, aren't they?
which led to Crybaby
>>
>>63052573
Classical morality a shit. Ethics is subjective, there no way about it.
>>
>>63046666
>anime
>varied and interesting
good chuckle family
>>
>>63046619

Lesbians and feminists. Also gays.

There are a lot of them in Hollywood.

We also are forced to pretend that men and women are equal in every way, when clearly they are not.
>>
>>63046619

Different context. 90-early 2000s, us burgers love a good dominatrix that can both dish it out and handle it, but at this point it's to appease the Matriarchy. Yee, turns out doms. aren't that fun IRL.
>>
>>63050993

Don't be silly, Jews are many things, but they're also traditional.
>>
File: asian swuat.jpg (920 KB, 1280x1908) Image search: [Google]
asian swuat.jpg
920 KB, 1280x1908
This movie came out wayyy before the modern feminist movement. OP is a fucking idiot.

Kill bill is, and always will be Quentins masterpiece.
>>
>>63053821
Men work harder so they get paid more.
>>
>>63053022
>ethics is subjective
yes, but it is also true that a deliberative body can decide collectively what is right and what is wrong for them, and that these autonomous groups can form contracts with each other to form a federal consensus on basic rights and wrongs. Tough work, but better than throwing in the towel on universal ethics.
>>
>>63046619
The jews are responsible obviously. And when I say jews, I mean the eastern europeans ones who engineered WW2 so they could create israel, to bring about WW3, so they can depopulate the world to 500,000,000

Do some research you fckin pathetic nigger
>>
>>63046928
????

Beatrix gets shot in the gut with a salt shotgun round and buried alive because her target wasn't going to play her Japanese sword-fight games. Generally speaking most action heroes male or female always get knocked around before beating a stronger foe.
>>
File: 13776854654.jpg (28 KB, 388x400) Image search: [Google]
13776854654.jpg
28 KB, 388x400
>>63046619
>Why do Americans push the 'strong, independent womyn' meme so fucking hard?
>>
>>63053926
>2003
are you retarded or just so underaged that you think gamergate was the start of modern feminism? the same shit went on throughout the 90s.
>>
>>63046619

Because women can be powerful, but everything is so base and one dimensional these days that the only way a moviemaker feels comfortable translating that message onto screen is if she's swinging a sword, beating up dudes, or being an ice queen
>>
>>63047158
aren't they married... with children?
>>
I'm personally all for it. I think girls who act girly are annoying as fuck, usually uninteresting to. If the culture has enough SIW maybe girls will start being less shitty.
>>
>>63048214
Hu's Come Drink with Me was a great execution of a female character - Amerifats could learn something from Hong Kong.
>>
>>63055367
>tripfag likes being dominated
god what a surprise
>>
>>63055559
I like talk with interesting people. Girls these days don't fit the bill.
>>
Tarantino is the son of a kek and a massive kek himself
>>
Sorry OP, I like girls.
>>
>>63055628
>son of a c͏͏uck
sounds like something an angry indian would shout at me
>>
>>63046666
quads confirm
>>
>>63046619
Movie ticket sales are in constant fall, so as the last resort they are pandering to women who far easier to spend their money on shit.
Men have become a lot more frugal after the recession and they are a lot more probable to pirate things to save money.
>>
Smh desu senpai
>>
>>63046619

In Tarantino's case, it's just fetishization.

But movies in general are fantasies where people can live vicariously.
>>
>>63053939
>implying I'm advocating "throwing in the towel"
>implying I don't advocate the most resolute dedication to understanding what is Good and being as compassionate and aesthetically contemplative as you can
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.