[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how much of it is real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
So how much of it is real?
>>
It all is, it's just cleverly edited
>>
>>63044494

69%
>>
>>63044548
Thanks for answering, Nathan.
>>
Not as much as was initially thought. Like Curb Your Enthusiasm he knowingly exaggerates the parts of his personality that are funny. He was an awkward as fuck little kids with no friends and no gf so he knows how to create those situations and exploit them for comedy.
>>
>>63044494
what do you mean?

every person on the show other than Nathan is doing things without a "script" and they are found via various Craigslist callouts

the people on the show who aren't Nathan are not "actors", other than the times he specifically tries to find actors

the people's actions and words are guided and coaxed by Nathan who is playing a character

never underestimate the lengths people will go to :

1. be on camera
2. not be seen to be a dick on camera (e.g. not just reject Nathan's ideas wholesale, but rather go along with them because they are being recorded for a TV show)
3. try to make themselves seem better than they really are on camera
>>
After watching his old show and some YouTube shit it is obviously fake. The reactions to the regurgitated content are almost the same except better acted and fleshed out. Really made me sad
>>
>>63044649
I know they aren't actors and are actual business owners, but surely some of them are informed beforehand that it's a comedy and to play along?

For instance, in the episode with the petting zoo, Nathan threatens to shove the scuba diver in front of a train.

Surely the diver knew before hand and just played along, right?

That's what I mean by fake, not flat out scripted, but improvised within certain guide lines.
>>
just look up the businesses that he covers on the show if you're so inclined to prove it's real or not.
>>
>>63044713
>surely some of them are informed beforehand that it's a comedy and to play along

this would never work because it would drain the show of humor - the majority of people are terrible at acting and it would show through
>>
>>63044713

No it's 100% real. The idea is that Nathan is so awkward and pathetic that most people just go along with it because they feel bad or don't want to seem rude.

Plus it's filmed in LA where there's not shortage of nutjobs.
>>
>>63044683
low quality b8
>>
My old TV production teacher's son worked lighting on that show and it is 100% real
>>
>wearing a burqa to a bowling alley

>the girl starts talking about WTC building 7

if that was real, it was golden
>>
>>63044494
All of it
>>
>>63045354
kek
>>
>>63044649
https://youtube.com/watch?v=NO8V72pDw1o

Only guy not like that was 4:25
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.