[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think about the pilot episode? Hopefully it doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 2015-11-25_21-38-49.png (553 KB, 478x715) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-25_21-38-49.png
553 KB, 478x715
What did you think about the pilot episode?

Hopefully it doesn't turn into just another space opera.
>>
Just watched it, it was crap.

But it's the only generic space opera we've had for years, so people will praise it endlessly, and it's just vaguely bearable enough that I'll watch it.
>>
>>63038312
I fucking hate neo-television.

The quick cuts and close angles are disorienting, what ever happened to allowing the viewer to take in the scenery?

Instead, we have the same old drab shit with generic-faced actors and paper thin writing.
>>
>>63038488
It's only the US bro.
Watch some foreign television. Get some culture.
>>
>>63038615
European television suffers from much of the same shit, with some poor comedy and nonsense thrown on top.

Asian television wants to be like European television.

Mind pointing me to some examples of this "promised land"?
>>
>>63038702
>European television
Lel. There's so much variation across borders that this sweeping generalization just becomes nonsensical.
>>
>>63038615
And it is main stream dreck.
>>
>>63038702
>Mind pointing me to some examples of this "promised land"?

Sounds like bait to dis anything posted regardless of what it is.
>>
>>63038312
I'll let you know as soon as I'm done...
>>
>>63038312
>we've gone too far
that sounds like the problem with most syfy shows
>>
>>63038312
>SyFy
>show isn't about Ghost Wrestling or whatever
>notbad.png

Looks fucking badass. Maybe SyFy is turning the corner.
>>
There has never been a single good thing shown on SyFy and I doubt that will change any time soon. How the fuck does that channel manage to stay alive
>>
File: expanse.png (2 MB, 1358x758) Image search: [Google]
expanse.png
2 MB, 1358x758
>TV show takes into account the rising ocean levels
it's the little things
>>
>>63038312
>Hopefully this doesn't turn into another space opera

I take it you never read the books, then. I think you're gonna be disappointed.

I thought it was faithful to the source material to be honest family
>>
Seems good so far. No bullshit to speak of except that retarded hole in the water with the statue. Hurr.
>>
is it anything like firefly brehs?
>>
>>63041834

Haven't watched the show, but read the first book and I can confidently say that no, it's nothing like Firefly.

The Detective character is interesting at least, even though he conforms broadly to the 'hard boiled troubled alcoholic ex-cop' trope. The spaceship crew are boring as fuck, and are pretty much defined by their job rather than any personality. The 'protagonist' is the sort of character you would probably read in any teenage boys first fumblings at 'hard sci-fi,' he's young and talented but unsure of himself, he's also a massive charisma vacuum and somehow manages to get through one situation to the next through sheer luck most of the time.
>>
>>63040913
this is fucking dumb though. in reality they would build a huge dam around the entire harbor with multiple dykes to prevent hurricanes from fucking up NYC.
>>
>>63038312
I like the little touches, weak/no gravity fucking up people, spaceships not behaving like 18th century ships, but it could it's just the hook and the actual plot is shit. Need more data.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.