[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rocky 7 (2015)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9
File: gz9BB2Cl.jpg (44 KB, 432x640) Image search: [Google]
gz9BB2Cl.jpg
44 KB, 432x640
Who here is seeing the new Rocky film ("Creed") today?

I for one love the new progressive, refreshing take on a classic that desperately needed to add some more colour to it.

When you get starts like Micheal B. Jordan in 'em, you're usually in for a treat. My whole family is going to see this tonight and I'm pumped.
>>
mite b cool
>>
There’s the shocking opening shot of six black boys, shackled and shepherded through stark juvie halls, which immediately places the film in the real-world context of the disproportionate incarceration rate of African American youth. Generally though, in Creed’s universe, intra-ethnic harmony is the order of the day.

The film is more notable for its cultural specificity, and keenly observed portrait of modern, young, black American life, which shouldn’t feel as blissfully refreshing as it does in 2015. There’s a beautiful, tender sequence in which Adonis braids his girlfriend Bianca’s hair, while in the most exhilarating sequence (a nod to a similar moment in Rocky II), a group of black kids ride dirt bikes through the street behind Adonis while Lord Knows by Philly rapper Meek Mill judders on the soundtrack.

Perhaps most exciting is the pairing of star Jordan and director Coogler – their second consecutive collaboration following the Sundance-award winning Fruitvale Station – which has the makings of a brilliant combination: the putative, African-American answer to Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro, who took on boxing with Raging Bull. It’s a tantalising prospect, and Creed feels like both a breath of fresh air and a breakthrough for representation in boxing films.
>>
File: Untitled.png (115 KB, 552x303) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
115 KB, 552x303
Wait, what the fuck?
>>
I heard its really good, I want to go see it.
>>
File: Untitled.png (274 KB, 426x640) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
274 KB, 426x640
>>
>>63037601
when stallone wants to , he can make a good movie.

rocky 1 for instance
>>
>>63037717
hella f*cking epic bro! xD
>>
>>63037803
First Blood was great.
>>
When will they stop blackwashing movies?
>>
>>63037492
>They'll watch it anyway
I want this fag to burn in hell
>>
>>63037492
>>63037566
>>63037717
>>63038025

Here's an idea, why not actually discuss the movie instead of going into reddit-tier rants about race? Think you could do that for once? Think you could stop thinking about how the white race is being genocided? Or is that too hard for you?
>>
>>63038126
>I for one love the new progressive, refreshing take on a classic that desperately needed to add some more colour to it.

What did you expect dumb cunt? Go to reddit if you can't handle a little racebanter
>>
>>63038025
By the time you stop sucking black cock, faggot.
>>
>>63038126

This isn't a movie, it's propaganda.
>>
File: grudge_match_lead.jpg (29 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
grudge_match_lead.jpg
29 KB, 620x349
>>63037492
>Rocky 7
No, that's Rocky 8. Pic related is Rocky 7.
>>
i thought it was great me and my wifes son loved it
>>
>>63037492
This installation kind of makes sense, honestly.

Are you guys going to pretend Apollo Creed wasn't integral to the Rocky series now?
>>
>>63039672
Yes.
>>
Just saw it, I've never seen a Rocky movie but it was fucking great
>>
File: 1439151600879.jpg (81 KB, 616x616) Image search: [Google]
1439151600879.jpg
81 KB, 616x616
>>63037492
This is when memeing has gone too far. It made sense in the last movie to cast a nigger because blacks are a majority in boxing these days, and it makes sense in this one since he's Apollo's kid.

Movies like this should be applauded because they're NOT forcing diversity. Fucking cUcks.
>>
>a b...b...black man. Im T...triggered!
>>
>>63041225
>One of the most popular white actors being kekked out of one of the most popular white franchises by a literal black man.

>NOT forcing diversity
Nice try.
>>
>>63041267
Have you even seen a Rocky movie? Rocky is retired, and now he's training his best friend's son.

I know you're memeing, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>63041476
>Have you ever seen-
No he hasn't.
>>
Did you think Apollo fucking Creed's son was gonna be white? This sounds like a great way to continue one of the best friendships in movie history.
>>
>on 4chan
>discussing black people
>not knowing of every boards hard-on for nogs and the bbc being implanted into the minds of every anon after they come to embrace shit and unfunny memes like kek, dindu, desu senpai

4chan doesn't have an identity we just follow the next forced meme like the sheeple hivemind we are. The Jews invented baneposting.
>>
looks pretty good desu, might go see it
>>
>>63041267
Rocky ended the Cold War with his fists there's no other possible place for his career to go so of course he's gonna pass the torch onto his dead best friend's son.
>>
File: persona.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
persona.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
>tfw nigs and sjws will blame poor box office performance on racism rather than the shit taste of the general public
>tfw they'll continue forcing "diversity" in their reddit-tier normie movies
Fuck, man. I'm glad it's doing well with the reviews, but fuck capeshit/scifi movies and what they've done. Rocky should be normie as fuck.

Whatever, I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I'm glad most of y'all haven't fallen for the obvious bait.
>>
It looks great!
>>
Is Rocky wearing a fedora? o.O
>>
File: 1445905411533.jpg (25 KB, 354x328) Image search: [Google]
1445905411533.jpg
25 KB, 354x328
>>63039672
are you implying that ANY of the people in this thread have watched a Rocky film before? because I doubt any real Rocky fan has a problem continuing the series with Apollo's son. It's the only logical step. They can't have Rocky fight in the ring he's almost 70, and Rocky's son isn't even a fighter. It sure as hell makes a lot more sense than Rocky V when it was just some random up and coming fighter. At least Apollo was crucial to Rocky's success as a fighter.

People hate it because the protagonist is black, doesn't matter if the casting actually makes sense. They just see it as blackening a series. Can't change their opinions, and if they refuse to like it because of that there's nothing you can do.
>>
>>63037492
I saw it on the weekend at an early screening. favourite film this year. was legitimately on the edge of my seat last act. Really really good film.
>>
>>63041267
>Italian
>white
>>
>>63044883
But anon, this whole thread has been calling out the memekids going on about BLACKED
>>
Has anybody in this thread actually seen the Rocky films? Are people really bitching about Rocky, a 70 year-old man legend, passing on his legacy on to best friend/rival's son?
>>
obama did it
>>
>>63044883

It would be cool if they got Milo back, but he plays an accountant if I remember correctly. It probably wouldn't be all that interesting.
>>
Are Rocky 5 and 6 even worth watching?
>>
>>63037803
Stallone was writing scripts and working with Marty way way back in the early 70's. When he wants to, he can bring it. When he wants to. When he's in it to have fun, lord have mercy on us all.
i did enjoy everything scene with mel gibson in expendables 3 and thought even though it was the shittiest of the three, Mel was hands down the best villain.
>>
>>63047723
6: yes.
People usually dislike V. I don't mind it, but these is no fight, it tries to be more serious compared to 3 and 4, but ultimately it feels a bit pointless. Rocky 6/Balboa makes a better conclusion for Rocky's career.
>>
>>63037492
i actually want to see this movie, maybe ill go watch it.
>>
>>63047817

lol @ liking movies
>>
>>63044883
As a Rocky fan I'm eating this movie up. I also kind of can't believe another Rocky movie is here-but maybe it's the first Creed movie instead. Fighting Putin when?
>>
To me -this- is how you do diversity. It makes sense to make Apollo's son into a lead. It doesn't make sense to make Johnny Storm black with a white sister or have all women be the original Ghostbusters in a shitty reboot.

If Hollywood refuses to support new franchises with minority actors, then you have to use old ones and this is a decent way of doing it.
>>
>>63037492
holy shit I just got back it was really fucking good
>>
>>63037492
THIS is how reboots of a franchise should be done. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, and I really recommend it to fans of Rocky.
>>
Looking forward to seeing it. Is this intended to be the start of a series?
>>
>>63037566
Does every fucking movie with blacks or women have to end up being a social commentary shit fest? This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>63038699
Underrated
>>
>>63048792
Probably, I can definitely see there being more in the future.
>>
have you guys ever thought about how you obsess over black characters much more than the sjws you hate
>>
>>63037492
the soundtrack really made me feel nostalgic.
>>
>>63037492
ALERT

THIS MOVIE HAS INTERRACIAL (bm/ww)

DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE

I REPEAT

DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE
>>
>>63048883
>bm/ww
I'm pretty sure she was lightskinned tho, they even said it in the movie f a m!
>>
>>63037492
The fight scenes were excellent
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx0Xo5FDJ-E

the best
>>
>>63037492
I honestly would see it again/10
>>
>>63037717
>your legacy is more than your name

Holy shit, the cück memers were right.
>>
Stupid race-baiting aside (made even more stupid by the fact that the second most prominent character in the series was a black dude), I'm excited. Heard it's good.

>>63037601
>>63037803
>>63047781
Ryan Coogler wrote and directed this one, actually. Stallone just co-produced.

Not taking anything away from Stallone, though. Love the dude.
>>
>>63038699
This. Gtudge Match is the canonical crossover between Rocky and Raging Bull. They changed the names, but ut's still canonical.
>>
I worked on this movie, each and every single one of you can suck my fucking dick.

Also - ask me anything.
>>
>>63037492
ITS FANTASTIC XD
>>
>>63041543
...But... this isn't /co/. I'd at least expect the people on this board to actually watch a good chunk of important material relating to the board's subject.

Was I wrong?

>>63041267
>White franchises
...Apollo was almost as big of a character as Rocky in those movies up until Soviet engineering proved too much for his spinal column.
>>
>>63049760
t b h this, but unironically.
>>
Wait, how the fuck did Michael B Jordan do so good in this and so fucking awful in Fant4stic?
>>
>>63050307
Better script, better director, project wasn't just being churned out to satisfy a license agreement.
>>
>>63037492
REALLY good film! Sports movies really give you a good feeling after watching them
>>
>>63048883
The chick's black.

Have you, the proud white man, really started confusing negroids with members of your own race?
>>
>>63044883
Implying this movie isn't shitting all over Apollo Creed's legacy. Apollo was one of those iconic black rolemodels for kids and this movie stars his bastard son from some whore he cheated on his wife with.

The Rocky franchise ended on the perfect note with Rocky Balboa and genuinely didn't need another movie in the series. How often does that ever happen? After the fucking travesty of Rocky V, he manages to make a film that was good and really tied Rocky up in a satisfying way.

...and so now here's another sequel no one asked for. At BEST it's just another satisfying end, at worst it leaves a perfectly wrapped up franchise with a sour note ending. In short, it has everything to lose and nothing to gain.

Besides, the last time we saw a Rocky movie with Rocky "passing the torch", we all saw how that ended.
>>
so carl weathers is not in this movie then...
>>
the social commentary wasn't bad at all. The kid had a shit life until apollo's wife picked the kid up out of juvie. He grew up in a fancy mansion and was still ghetto. Gyms around the area didn't want him because he was a rich kid with "nothing to fight for". For fucks sake, his girlfriend in the movie is black. What do you want? Will you not be happy until there are no black people in movies? Usually I hate interracial kek shit, but this is not that.
>>
>>63038025
Lemme guess, you thought Creed's son was supposed to be white?
>>
Why is Rocky wearing a fedora?
>>
>>63052501
Well his character died like five movies ago sooo.....
>>
>>63052565
Because he is euphoric

And he wore one in the other movies.
>>
>>63037601
Every rocky.movie has been good except.for 4 and 5

18+
>>
Just watched this earlier tonight. It was a solid 8/10. It was basically a new age Rocky remake, complete with boxing cliches and tropes, but the performances, soundtrack and cinematography were all great. I don't think Stallone was Oscar worthy but I could see Jordan possibly getting a Best Actor nod. He showed a lot of range, especially in the jail cell scene.
>>
>>63037492

Fuck you /tv/, you're or those Tumblrtards aren't going to ruin this for me!
>>
File: youdontsay.jpg (26 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
youdontsay.jpg
26 KB, 1280x720
>>63052636
>He showed a lot of range, especially in the jail cell scene.
A black guy acting like a natural in jail.
>>
>>63048804
Uhh why not? The African American situation is pretty terrible however you look at it.
>>
>>63052604
>IV
>worse than III
>>
Just saw it today.
>mfw all these fags pushing "muh blacked"
The movie is literally about Rocky training Apollo's son. Hence 'Creed'.
Also
>dat cinematography

Would probably watch again with some friends.
>>
>>63038407
Everything is propaganda to you
>>
>>63037492
The movie was so surprising, I loved it. One of my favorites this year
>>
>>63050307
Crazy the difference a good director makes from one that can't hold his shit together.
>>
After second act Creed is losing his wits and Rocky finds it necessary to help him relax. He offered his wife to be Creed's cum dump and she got hooked onto his raging bull dick. At the end of the movie a message shows up on the screen "It's 2015 people".
>>
stallone is based
>>
Your mom is getting pumped too, by BBC
>>
>>63038025
Its called black staining.
>>
File: 1246550180891.jpg (35 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1246550180891.jpg
35 KB, 441x408
>>63053940
what a fantastic meme!

mfw all of the star wars shitposting makes everyone on 4chan so tired of the racist shitspam on their boards that it brings the dawn of a new progressive 4chan era a la the days when bush was president
>>
This is bullshit, I've been waiting years for Adrian's Revenge.

https://youtu.be/QEGwKTQrqmQ
>>
do they mention drago? I think it'd be kind of funny, to mention character from cheesy 80s movie in this grimdark your-legacy-and-honor type of movie, but then again he's the reason this kid has no father
>>
C R E E D? That's a funny way of spelling
C U C K
>>
>>63037492
>Rocky 7
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Although, I liked Rocky 6.
>>
I thought 6 was a perfect send off for Rocky, so I was a bit ehh the character being brought back at first, but now I'm actually kind of pumped to see it given the reception.
>>
>>63038126

>implying this is a movie in the old fashioned sense rather than riech-tier propaganda
>>
>>63049798

.Apollo was almost as big of a character as Rocky in those movies up until

He was in ...2? 2 and a bit?
>>
>>63050307

he was shoehorned into fant4stic for literally no reason

At least this role kind of made sense
>>
>>63056685
>He was in ...2? 2 and a bit?

tbf he is in 2 and a bit of the only good original rocky movies.
>>
>>63052808

>they no longer live in the worst countries in the world because of us
>have free food, free housing, free tv, free luxuries
>people we didnt take die of aids, die of malaria, die during childbirth

Conclusion:

>african americans have it really bad!
>>
>>63056773

I`ll give you that, the first 3 were the best
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.