[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>No Vietcong ever called me nigger What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: serveimage.jpg (14 KB, 490x264) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
14 KB, 490x264
>No Vietcong ever called me nigger
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63036769

He was an Unfortunate son
>>
File: 1436833646534.jpg (67 KB, 664x561) Image search: [Google]
1436833646534.jpg
67 KB, 664x561
>>
Blacks don't view themselves as Americans so they got bitchy that they had to go fight for the american military.
>>
I watched this today and I liked it but I don't get why Ali rejoined the Nation of Islam. They threw him out for no reason and didn't care when he was starving.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 736x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 736x460
>>63036855

>blacks complain when they aren't treated as citizens
>blacks complain when they are treated as citizens
>>
>>63036769
No black immigrants in Vietnam, yet...
>>
>>63036769

He meant that the Vietnamese had done nothing to him (or any other American who wasn't already attacking them), that the whole war was stupid, and he didn't want to fight for a country in which most people didn't see him or other black people as fully human.
>>
>>63036890
I don't think he is currently a member.
>>
>>63036957
No, no, no. OP's fishing for /pol/tards, not actual answers.
>>
>>63037023
That's pretty much the only way to start a thread on this board these days. No one cares about actual film discussion but everyone can go on for days about the jews and feminists and degeneracy and whatever.
>>
>>63036769
>No Vietcong ever called me nigger

All the Vietnamese I knew growing up were racist as fuck and hated blacks.
>>
>>63037091
Mods need to start banning all the fucking kids who float over from /v/.
Sure, it will get rid of 90% of the board's posters, but the quality will skyrocket without edgy teenagers posting their poorly-grammaticized whining about a black guy being in a movie.
>>
Did he stop and chat with a lot of VC? Maybe he prefers people just shoot at him?
>>
>>63036769
niggers actually think the only people in the world who dont like them are white

talk about biting the hand that feeds you
>>
>>63037140
The grammar is poor because 60% are not native English speaking.
Also the high percentage of Europeans and non Americans in general explains the hate for the blacks.
>>
>>63036769

Asians hate blacks desu

Who doesn't really
>>
>>63036769
lol Asian cultures are waaaaaaaay more racist than any other culture on the planet. How many Asian countries have a huge diverse population? Asian-American first gen are very racist towards blacks. They dont trust them at all. Most of the countries ive been to that dont have a black majority are all very racist towards black people. They dont trust black people at all. Which is sad cause I know a lot of black folks that are cool as fuck. They really do get a bad reputation for the most part.
>>
>>63037303
>Also the high percentage of Europeans and non Americans in general explains the hate for the blacks.

Only americans are obsessed with blacks to the point of posting about them on a japanese imageboard everyday

Without the american influence, it would be more focused toward muslims, indians or gypsies
>>
seems to me that ww2 was no more necessary than vietnam, yet ww2 is lauded and vietnam hated

in fact one could say that if ww2 never happened, and we didnt give soviet union half of europe, the invasion of vietnamese commies from the north wouldnt have happened
>>
>>63037104
This. Vietnamese were racist to blacks, he was just too ignorant to know
>>
>>63037414
>Asian cultures are waaaaaaaay more racist than any other culture on the planet
This. Even in Toronto we have stores and restaurants in Chinatown where they either won't allow blacks on the property or will harass them until they leave.
>>
>>63036821

beat me to it
>>
>>63037685
are you an idiot? america got into ww2 because it was being actively attacked. before that it was doing everything it can to stay out

vietnam was a cluster fuck because it was a war to protect piece of shit gooks who didnt even care enough to protect themselves
>>
>>63037685
here you go senpai, ill give you the first
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiWFLsgVi4
>>
>>63037641
>Europeans
>not hating African "refugees"
>>
>>63037775
>Vietnam was a war to protect gooks
No. Vietnam was a war to show the communists that America would not simply allow them to take whatever they liked on the world stage. It was basically a 'fuck you' to the Russians and the Chinese and was little more than 'making a point'. That's why it's such a tragedy: wasting so many lives over elusive politics.
>>
>>63036769
>no vc never called me a nigger
Because he never met any. If you were a black soldier being taken alive by the VC was essentially a torture, humiliation, and death sentence
>>
>>63037829
>europeans
>not literally going to jail if they show any signs of disliking non-white people
>>
>>63037845
im talking about the actual war. it was based off the idea that the US just needed to send aid and training to the south gooks. thats why over time there was such a ramp up of US solders as we found out that the south didnt really care so much about being made into communist slaves. at least they got what they deserved in the end
>>
People seem to be missing the point that Ali wasn't saying VC weren't racist. He was saying that the people in his own country had done far more to impact his life negatively than anyone abroad ever could.
>>
IT AIN'T MEEE
>>
>>63037800
lol ali btfo by societal progress
>>
>>63037985
>im talking about the actual war
How is that any different? McNamara realized that training simply wouldn't be enough and they would have to fold their hand and concede defeat if they withdrew support, which would've embarrassed the US globally.

Instead, they threw thousands of American lives at a war of futility for the sake of, again, elusive politics.
>>
>>63037334
Even blacks hate each other.
>>
File: 1468467904604678.jpg (33 KB, 431x530) Image search: [Google]
1468467904604678.jpg
33 KB, 431x530
>>63037334
>Who doesn't really

well white guilt liberals have a fetish for them. im not sure if that counts as actually respecting or liking them though
>>
>>63037992
You might be giving him too much credit.

> In 1964, he was reclassified as 1-Y (fit for service only in times of national emergency) after two mental tests found his IQ was 78.
>>
Just fucking GOOGLE IT
>>
he's complaining that the gook immigrants don't speak english
>>
>>63036892
I think it was more to the fact that they were being forced to fight for America when they felt they weren't afforded the basic rights of an American citizen.
>>
watch When We Were Kings instead of this garbage
>>
>>63039541
niggers had literally all basic rights at that time and as you can see its worked out great for them
>>
That cake is TRAGIC
>>
>>63039592
When Were Kings is an interesting documentary focusing on the Rumble in the Jungle. Ali is simply a great film.
>>
File: 1441278205814.jpg (73 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1441278205814.jpg
73 KB, 800x450
>>63036769
I thought it was pretty self explanatory
>>
File: image.png (187 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
image.png
187 KB, 327x316
>barber is vietnamese
>news comes on about a pregnant pastors wife that was raped and murder by two men
>barber say "No doubt they we're black."
>story shows their mugshot later
>they were
>>
>>63039820
>we're
kys
>>
>>63037992
Cool. Then he can go live in Vietnam.
>be sure to leave all that money, adoration and fame you acquired here on your way out
>>
>>63039818
No Rei. Please stop.
>>
>>63040093
>
And why should america get involved in vietnam?
>>
>land of freedom
>kill natives
>enslave people
>>
>>63036821
>Omeembl
>>
>>63039541
>>63039601
They still bitch about muh rights.

And they'll continue to bitch until the end of time.
>>
>>63039818
Sauce
>>
>>63038744
Holy shit. What a dumbass. Isn't the average black IQ 86? So he was dumb even compared to other blacks...
8 points above Forrest Gump.
>>
>>63041332
He was a boxer, IQ points aren't going to be high when you're repeatedly taking shots to the skull.
>>
>>63041332

>IQ = Intelligence
>>
>>63037775

>doing everything it could to stay out

If that aint bait then you really need to get yourself some books brother
>>
>>63041720
Best metric we have, fuccboi.
>>
Vietnamese here but i think i can confidently speak for almost all old country asians everywhere in saying they think blacks are subhuman.
>>
Vietnamese don't speak english good though
>>
>>63042259
formally making the decision that the only way the US will enter war is if its attacked first is pretty strong

its also why the US attacked germany first. it preemptive decided that if it was attacked it would retaliate against the strongest foe first
>>
>>63037334
I don't hate any race, I don't see race.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.